AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-12, 13:53   Link #901
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Guess Amazon is thinking more economically. Even though I ordered the game back in July, they're shipping it with a set of books I ordered more recently.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 14:54   Link #902
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
I only know that the Final Evolution of Grass type, the male has white shell (more spike if I didn't forget) while the Female has brown shell

==

It is impossible to fail the first gym... there is so many things helping you.

You can trade for a cartoon bird (farfetch) with that ugly bunny (can be caught in the first route with pokemon)

Pansear in the forest and Pikachu...

LOTS OF FREAKING PIKACHU!!!

(I have difficulty training my water and flying pokemon without switching).
ill give u a nice hint for the first bug type gym get the torchic its level 10 immediately that will help.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 15:29   Link #903
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I personally do not understand why Nintendo cares or why you cares do stores that released this game early. Affect the sales in a negative way, I do not mean for other shops I mean Nintendo and Game Freak,
Negatively effecting the sales of shops DOES in fact hurt Nintendo. What do you think a retailer who realizes they aren't going to be able to get a hit game on the shelves before their rival is going to do? Well they aren't going to order as many copies of the games from Nintendo to put in their store. And THAT hurts Nintendo. How can Nintendo expect retailers to buy their product from them if the value of their product to the retailer is based solely around when the stuff gets shipped?


Also. The second hand market. If one store sells the games before any other store, there's allot of initial scarcity for the game. Because the handful of stores that have it first will sell out very quickly. Which allows the first few people who bought the games to do stuff like say, sell it to other people at incredibly marked up prices. This is something Nintendo probably doesn't like, since they'd probably prefer a consumer to use that money to buy more nintendo merchandise, rather than lining the pocket of someone who got in line sooner.




So yes. There are plenty of reasons for Nintendo (or any other game company) to want to have a controlled releases for their product. And the people who decided it should be done this way probably put a good deal more thought into it than just reflexively sneering and saying "I don't understand it".
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:09   Link #904
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Seems most people are going with X, my little bro owned me some cash so he bought Y for me while he got himself a 2ds (smh) and X. Only pokemon game I really played was yellow, finished that the year it came out. (lent a friend my psx + games for his gameboy and yellow for like 2 weeks)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:24   Link #905
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Got Y because the legendary looked cooler. X's is a raindeer.
But I am not sure if it is because I bought the DL version, but damn, the save is fast. Not even a second.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 19:01   Link #906
Reality_Breaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Ok, let's do a count which version of the game did you get? I'm still haven't bought the game much less a 3ds (i'm dying to get my hands on one) so I can't really give opinions on the game. T^T
__________________
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 20:33   Link #907
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I'm lost
you are not the only one, I want the game and I need a 3DS, but not enough money.
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 20:45   Link #908
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013


GLORIUS.Sorry but seeing one of my favorite Pokemon get this makes me giddy.
Quote:
I want the game and I need a 3DS, but not enough money.
I second this notion.

On a related note was this posted yet? If not it is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKu-XW209U0
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 21:55   Link #909
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Kyero uses "Head Desk"

It was super effective!

__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:00   Link #910
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Got Y because the legendary looked cooler. X's is a raindeer.
But I am not sure if it is because I bought the DL version, but damn, the save is fast. Not even a second.
I agree the save is fast for everyone but here's the funny thing 90% of the people who brought x did it for the dragon charizard while most Y people did it for the legendary granted I was gonna get charizard but I got squirtle. Btw i'm reminded how much I hate searching for abra without mean look or taunt.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:09   Link #911
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
X charizard is pretty much suicide, everyone will have it and he is weak against dragon type attacks. while Normal Charizard and Y can use dragon type attacks. Y > X
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:17   Link #912
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
X charizard is pretty much suicide, everyone will have it and he is weak against dragon type attacks. while Normal Charizard and Y can use dragon type attacks. Y > X
not really actually its better not only does it get rid of its x4 rock weakness but also its electric type weakness and water weakness, also its only weak against 3 types then and that's ground, rock, and dragon all only x2 charizard y has way more weaknesses than x, so what if everyone has him its still far better than y
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:28   Link #913
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
not really actually its better not only does it get rid of its x4 rock weakness but also its electric type weakness and water weakness, also its only weak against 3 types then and that's ground, rock, and dragon all only x2 charizard y has way more weaknesses than x, so what if everyone has him its still far better than y
i'd ask for an unbiased opinion but that aint happening based on your profile pic howerver ur slightly wrong because here's the weakness of charizard x yes the 4 times weakness to rock is gone as is electric but your vulnerable now to ground and the ever popular Earthquake fact is any attacking dragon worth its salt will have earthquake. Plus dragons are weak to fairy types now which doesn't bode well. Now Charizard X's ability is tough claws and the only attacks that will boost are Outrage and flare blitz and unless ur running shadow claw nothing else. Now if we had drought that's another story. Yes rock weakness but most things that run stealth rock are slow as hell and very few of them can survive a solarbeam attack from Charizard. Now if the dragon/fire one had drought it would be a special behemoth. Solarbeam Draco meteor Fire Blast and Focus Blast. its special Hydreigon with grass instead of dark and that could tear apart most teams barring Mega T-tar and T-tar mega or otherwise probably wont want to eat a focus blast attack either.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:55   Link #914
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
i'd ask for an unbiased opinion but that aint happening based on your profile pic howerver ur slightly wrong because here's the weakness of charizard x yes the 4 times weakness to rock is gone as is electric but your vulnerable now to ground and the ever popular Earthquake fact is any attacking dragon worth its salt will have earthquake. Plus dragons are weak to fairy types now which doesn't bode well. Now Charizard X's ability is tough claws and the only attacks that will boost are Outrage and flare blitz and unless ur running shadow claw nothing else. Now if we had drought that's another story. Yes rock weakness but most things that run stealth rock are slow as hell and very few of them can survive a solarbeam attack from Charizard. Now if the dragon/fire one had drought it would be a special behemoth. Solarbeam Draco meteor Fire Blast and Focus Blast. its special Hydreigon with grass instead of dark and that could tear apart most teams barring Mega T-tar and T-tar mega or otherwise probably wont want to eat a focus blast attack either.
what you say is all true for the most part except fairy moves only do half damage to fire types meaning that while its would do normal damage now it wouldn't be double damage, actually i think the only other dragon type that shares this is reshiram, yes while charizard y is very good i won't deny that and it could probably beat a charizard x in a 1 on one fight and charizard x could beat it they would be pretty even since droughts sunlight effects both teams,
__________________

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-10-13 at 01:46.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 00:02   Link #915
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
So who here has the game?
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 01:21   Link #916
Exthiel
A Romaticist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Deep City
__________________
Exthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 03:32   Link #917
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
what you say is all true for the most part except fairy moves only do half damage to fire types meaning that while its would do normal damage now it wouldn't be double damage, actually i think the only other dragon type that shares this is reshiram, yes while charizard y is very good i won't deny that and it could probably beat a charizard x in a 1 on one fight and charizard x could beat it they would be pretty even since droughts sunlight effects both teams,
okay the fairy thing aside here's my essential problem with the two. If your gonna make the Mega Fire/Dragon do it for both x and y and even more so do it for all the starters not just one. I mean the fact is they gave charizard fire dragon and mega gyarados the thing just looks retarded and to add insult to injury you made it water dark of all things.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 04:30   Link #918
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
So who here has the game?
I got the two versions. I'm playing on X right now.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 07:22   Link #919
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
So so far all I have been doing is Super Training and Pokemon Amie .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I got the two versions. I'm playing on X right now.
Two
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 08:49   Link #920
JohnNiles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
@Exthiel: So true.


Been playing X since yesterday morning. I wound up sleeping on my DS. >.>
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.