AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-28, 14:02   Link #1541
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsScareMeOK View Post
Has a release date for the pokebank or w/e been announced yet?
Wasn't it Dec. 5th? Or somewhere in the first half of Dec. I'm personally not looking forward to it that much. Extremespeed Dragonite and co. will come back along...

As for the mysterious tool, I'm not panicking yet. I personally have not see any video demonstrating its abilities to cause destruction online, after all. All I have heard are words.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 19:23   Link #1542
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

I'm glad I don't play online xD I just really want some of the unobtainables. Whimsicott/bayleef plss <3
Old 2013-11-29, 10:42   Link #1543
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wasn't it Dec. 5th? Or somewhere in the first half of Dec. I'm personally not looking forward to it that much. Extremespeed Dragonite and co. will come back along...

As for the mysterious tool, I'm not panicking yet. I personally have not see any video demonstrating its abilities to cause destruction online, after all. All I have heard are words.
Here are some official words then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Global Link
Rating Battles Temporarily Disabled

We have temporarily disabled the ability to participate in Rating Battles in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
If you try to participate in Rating Battles in your game, you should receive the following error code: 004-3003

Please continue to check the Pokémon Global Link and the official Pokémon website for updates about when Rating Battles will be available again. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 14:40   Link #1544
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The latest word on the tool is that it is not user friendly, yet.

But a skilled programmer can not just view the opponent's entire Pokemon data, but can even input an attack that his Pokemon can learn but is not one of the 4 moves.

Meaning the hacker can utilise every single move in a Pokemon's arsenal to counter any Pokemon its opponent is using.

Hackers against this program have been making counter programs against it and if Gamefreak is prudent, they should be working on encrypting their battling system right now.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 15:41   Link #1545
Shadow5YA

Yes, that is the most likely reason why they disabled Rating Battle.
Old 2013-11-29, 22:02   Link #1546
serenade_beta
マジ天使

So I checked Bulbapedia and it seems Pokebank is the end of Dec.
About less than one month of enjoying the current "pure" battle environment before Whimscott, Dragonite, and co. revive into the environment.
But I want to create an Infiltrator Trick Chadelure, which isn't possible either way... Meh...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-11-30, 14:13   Link #1547
Awrya
U mad?

Since I'm breeding for a 5IVs (physical) Lucario right now, I just had an idea of creating one with mixed moveset: Vacuum Wave, Bullet Punch, Extreme Speed and Work Up with Life Orb.
Work Up is only available in BW and I'd need pokebank, plus Work Up is not an egg move in XY, so it's not quite possible to get one with 5IVs (unless using outside tools).
I imagine with 3 priority moves, max EV in Atk and SpAtk, Work Up and Adaptability in mega form it should be quite potent, does anyone have experience using such a Lucario in competitive battles in BW?
Old 2013-11-30, 20:28   Link #1548
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Nn... I rarely use Lucario, but he is very formidable because of his range of moves. And in general, people don't use Bullet Punch because it covers the same range as his fighting moves, which generally isn't a priority move, because it lacks the power, unlike Scizor.

Old 2013-11-30, 20:52   Link #1549
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nn... I rarely use Lucario, but he is very formidable because of his range of moves. And in general, people don't use Bullet Punch because it covers the same range as his fighting moves, which generally isn't a priority move, because it lacks the power, unlike Scizor.
Only if you're not using Mega Lucario.

Bullet Punch is Steel. Lucario is Fighting/Steel.

Adaptability increases STAB bonus from 1.5x to 2x. That bonus is just as large as the power boost from Technician.
Old 2013-11-30, 21:08   Link #1550
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Only if you're not using Mega Lucario.

Bullet Punch is Steel. Lucario is Fighting/Steel.

Adaptability increases STAB bonus from 1.5x to 2x. That bonus is just as large as the power boost from Technician.
But don't forget you are adding an item.
Lucario@MegaStone's Bullet Punch is: x2 (Skill, Type)
Scizor@Life Orb (Common on the "Tamassam" sweeper, Tama + Hassam that appeared near the end of BW's environment; Don't know if there is an English version) is: x1.5 (Type) x1.5 (Skill) x1.3 (Life Orb)

Mewtwo: Adamant, 0Def EVs
Lucario: Adamant 252Atk EVs
Scizor: Adamant 252Atk EVs

To put simply, against say, Lv50 Mewtwo:
MegaLucario's Bullet Punch: 60~72
Scizor (Technician): 63~75
Above @Life Orb: 82~97
MegaScizor: 69~82
Also, since you are planning to use Work Up to boost your stats, then Scizor would use Sword Dance.

Old 2013-12-02, 11:13   Link #1551
K. Shiruto

Is there someone with Quilladin in his/her safari?
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 17:18   Link #1552
Awrya
U mad?

I have access to Quilladin and can trade you a female one with hidden ability if that's what you're interested in, pm me.

I tried trading a pokemon with a HM move from my team, but the game said I'm not allowed to trade pokemon with HM moves. Did it again with the pokemon in the box and it worked, anyone else having this bug?
Old 2013-12-02, 19:29   Link #1553
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I have access to Quilladin and can trade you a female one with hidden ability if that's what you're interested in, pm me.

I tried trading a pokemon with a HM move from my team, but the game said I'm not allowed to trade pokemon with HM moves. Did it again with the pokemon in the box and it worked, anyone else having this bug?
Pretty sure it's not a bug. Due to the fact that you can trade from anywhere instead of only PCs, they made it so you can't trade HMs from the party to negate the risk of you becoming stranded in a location because you gave away your only means of getting out of there.

That's how it was in BW2, anyway.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 15:55   Link #1554
Awrya
U mad?

^
That makes sense.

I'm currently looking for (in order of most importance):
Eevee with Anticipation
Dragonair with Marvel Scale
Piloswine with Thick Fat
Diggersby with Huge Power

If you have some of them and are willing to trade, please pm me.

Edit: Also, when stealth rocks are already up and I switch in a pokemon with Magic Bounce, do I reflect the damage?
Old 2013-12-04, 13:36   Link #1555
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
^
Edit: Also, when stealth rocks are already up and I switch in a pokemon with Magic Bounce, do I reflect the damage?
Yes.

Tip: Everything that Magic Coat (move) can reflect will also get reflected by Magic Bounce (ability).
Old 2013-12-04, 13:39   Link #1556
GDB

Why would Magic Bounce reflect the damage of stealth rocks already in play? It reflects moves, not damage.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 15:19   Link #1557
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
@Awrya

I have a Japanese Quirky Nature/Anticipation Lvl 24 Eevee, I can let you have that besides all of the rest of my Eevees has Adaptability Ability.

I am trying to start working on breeding right now but I want to finish my degree first (one more quarter) but after that I will be up for business.
Old 2013-12-04, 16:54   Link #1558
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
@Awrya

I have a Japanese Quirky Nature/Anticipation Lvl 24 Eevee, I can let you have that besides all of the rest of my Eevees has Adaptability Ability.

I am trying to start working on breeding right now but I want to finish my degree first (one more quarter) but after that I will be up for business.
Thanks for the offer, but JohnNiles already traded me one.
Unless you have access to Eevee in safari, I'd keep that Anticipation Eevee, it's rather valuable since you can only encounter it with its hidden ability in the friend zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why would Magic Bounce reflect the damage of stealth rocks already in play? It reflects moves, not damage.
So magic bounce doesn't reflect damage, but it's good nonetheless. Definitely worth breeding for an Espeon.
Old 2013-12-06, 03:38   Link #1559
Shadow5YA

Does anyone's friend safari contain any of the following:

Dragonair
Sliggoo
Larvesta
Fletchinder
Mawile
Galvantula
Excadrill

If so, can you please PM me?