AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-02-23, 19:02   Link #1
Chosen_Hero

The Magicians (US)

Synopsis:

Quote:
Quentin Coldwater, a grad student at Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy, has been fascinated by the magical fantasy world since he was young. But as he has gotten older, Quentin and his 20-something friends have discovered that the magical world they read about as children is not only real, but poses dangers to humanity. While studying at the secret upstate New York school, the friends struggle to cope with the aftermath of a catastrophe that befalls the institution. The fantasy series is based on a series of novels by Lev Grossman.

I gotta say, so far i've been loving this series, sure it's not the best but I just can't get enough of it.
Old 2016-03-15, 09:07   Link #2
Chosen_Hero

Just watched episode 8 and... damn, now that was dark, disturbing and very realistic, the more I learn about the beast the more I think this creepy f*cker needs to die, as in right now.
Old 2016-03-18, 08:13   Link #3
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

My nieces have been devouring this series, is it any good?
I've been curious to try it out but there are so many series on my plate already....
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 12:50   Link #4
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
My nieces have been devouring this series, is it any good?
I've been curious to try it out but there are so many series on my plate already....
Yes, so far it's pretty good at least in my opinion, this show gets dark and really shows how magic can be used to do some pretty awful things. At first it feels like it's going very slow but it has a purpose of developing the main cast of characters.

I personally recommend you try watching at least this first season and if you get bored at some point then it's not for you.
Old 2016-03-24, 18:50   Link #5
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Thumbs up

Oh.
My.
God.

This is hands down THE best series I've watched this season, so far.
I am loving every minute of it, binge watching it away and hoping the ride never ends.

From Eliot entering a room filled with students and going "Avada Kedavra!" to Penny making the vulcan sign and going "Greetings, I come in piece", this is fun and fun throughout, spiced with a few moments of sheer horror and occasional glimpses of mature mom side boob and pg13 softcore.

it's been a while since I found a series that gives me this much trouble to pick up a favorite character.

Eliot, Penny, Margo, blonde Hermione, I love you all, don't you dare $%# die on me.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 19:07   Link #6
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Why is it that the books I can't stand get made into TV shows and the ones I do enjoy never get made (or when they do, they get horribly butchered)?

The short version is that the first book left a horrible taste in my mouth, and it didn't seem to get any better with the two sequels. The longer version is that this is advertised as "a mature Harry Potter"... but to me, the only way it was like Harry Potter was with a group of friends at a magic school. Then again, college angst is worse than high school angst I suppose, and I can't stand any angst.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 22:21   Link #7
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

'Wow' is all I can say after watching the season, what a Dark show.

I knew there would be bit more to the ending but, did not see that coming.

even though the show had some standalone episodes but, everything was done so it all comes to this point. Anyone thinking of making a TV show should watch the whole season and to see how it should be done.

I'm really looking forward to season 2.