AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-05, 15:40   Link #81
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Too in-your-face.

Otherwise, nice enough.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 21:21   Link #82
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
So this is a reverse Hataraku Maou-sama! and the Hero working in retail but go to hand it to that old dude
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 23:15   Link #83
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Got to the first episode and how should I say... they got me sold. (Pun obviously intended.)
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 10:30   Link #84
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
well first episode... not bad...
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:21   Link #85
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
This is DUMB. The demon lord was defeated, thus there is no more need for heroes. OK, that I can understand. It's actually an interesting idea. But the fact that their lives are in shambles is DUMB. Saying that all the skills they learned are now useless is DUMB. They are highly trained and very powerful fighters. Get a job as a bodyguard, a soldier, a policeman, there are MANY options. Hell, who wouldn't want a former hero as a bodyguard. There are many things wrong with this show, but the blatant stupidity they try to railroad the plot is its biggest flaw. Any of the former heroes should be able to get a good job with their physical talents alone. This makes no sense.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:23   Link #86
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Another nitpicker duh.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:25   Link #87
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
This is DUMB. The demon lord was defeated, thus there is no more need for heroes. OK, that I can understand. It's actually an interesting idea. But the fact that their lives are in shambles is DUMB. Saying that all the skills they learned are now useless is DUMB. They are highly trained and very powerful fighters. Get a job as a bodyguard, a soldier, a policeman, there are MANY options. Hell, who wouldn't want a former hero as a bodyguard. There are many things wrong with this show, but the blatant stupidity they try to railroad the plot is its biggest flaw. Any of the former heroes should be able to get a good job with their physical talents alone. This makes no sense.
He didn't become a hero, he failed to become one because someone else did the feat and took the glory for him/herself.

No leftovers for the mc.

Btw, don't take this show seriously, trust mee, its for your own good. Isn't like they're on a radioactive zone with school uniforms or something like that .

That or just drop if you try to force your own logic on a fantasy series =/
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:29   Link #88
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
No, nitpicking would be me bitching about how every single skirt is just short enough to see the panties. Nitpicking would be arguing that the old perv who buys the light bulb should be banned from the store. The hero trainees not being able to get a decent job, in spite of their physical and magical abilities, thus having to work crappy jobs, is not nitpicking. That's the basic premise of the show, and it is monumentally stupid when you spend even a minute to think about it. I know plot isn't the point of this, but they could have at least tried to give some sort of reason as to why they can't get a decent job. Instead, they just said that all the skills they trained to kill demons are useless in peace time. Really? They don't have policemen? Soldiers? Bodyguards?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:30   Link #89
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I heard from others that the protagonist was so depressed he went NEET for a whole year, which makes all the available job openings taken up by other friends so he had to settle with as a clerk in a remote regional store.

I was wondering why we don't see his old friends with him anymore, and that explanation pretty much tells the story.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:32   Link #90
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Best ecchi this season.... with respect to casts and plot.... that it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:33   Link #91
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well, if Raul is the only hero trainee that never got a decent job, that makes it a lot better. But the way they said it in the show, it seemed like all hero trainees were unable to get job or make something of their lives.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:37   Link #92
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
No, nitpicking would be me bitching about how every single skirt is just short enough to see the panties. Nitpicking would be arguing that the old perv who buys the light bulb should be banned from the store. The hero trainees not being able to get a decent job, in spite of their physical and magical abilities, thus having to work crappy jobs, is not nitpicking. That's the basic premise of the show, and it is monumentally stupid when you spend even a minute to think about it. I know plot isn't the point of this, but they could have at least tried to give some sort of reason as to why they can't get a decent job. Instead, they just said that all the skills they trained to kill demons are useless in peace time. Really? They don't have policemen? Soldiers? Bodyguards?
Maybe they don't.

And yes it is nitpicking. From some reason it's very popular activity these days.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:49   Link #93
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
You should look up what nitpicking means, because I don't think you know. In short, it refers to pointing about and complaining about very minor or irrelevant errors or flaws. Pointing out possible plot holes is not nitpicking.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:52   Link #94
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Nitpick: To be concerned with or find fault with insignificant details (like you are doing right now. Plot hole? It's hardly important enough to be one).
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 18:04   Link #95
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Bodyguard: The requirements for a bodyguard is different from being a hero.
Police: You need to go through specific police-related training. That can take at least two years.
Soldier: Who knows if they're even recruiting in the new age of peace.


Basically, it is nitpicking, since there is no plot hole except for those one sees due to one not thinking deeply enough.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:52   Link #96
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
Love Phino, love show for what it is. That's about it for me. I'm tempted to get the blurays though... <.<
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:53   Link #97
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
And is there any reason that nitpicking is not welcome here? (as opposed to insults which are definitely not welcome)
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:03   Link #98
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Love Phino, love show for what it is. That's about it for me. I'm tempted to get the blurays though... <.<
Why not? All the more reason to see bare open "plots" if you get what I'm saying.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:24   Link #99
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Why not? All the more reason to see bare open "plots" if you get what I'm saying.
It's just that it's a bit pricy you know? Like hundreds of dollars? The ones I get are ones I absolutely adore and know I'll watch over and over. But I like her a lot, so I'm gona see about future episodes, and then... drop the money
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:47   Link #100
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
This is DUMB...
Well, yes, but not, as far as I'm concerned, for the same reasons you give.

After watching the episode, I can't help to think that complaining about whether or not the MC should be able to get a better job is, well, nothing personal, just plain silly.

This show is all about TnA. It oozes fanservice from it's every seam. By the end of the episode, I was going into fanservice overload mode. Any sort of "plot" there might be, is simply there to provide the opportunity for more fanservice.

I don't know if the leftover hero bit will come into play in future episodes, not knowing the source, but if it wasn't there to begin with, it wouldn't have made much of a difference to the rest of the episode, from what I can tell. Well, except there's some pretty nice fanservice in the opening sequence, too (I wouldn't mind seeing more of her, although there wasn't much left to the imagination).

So far, it's a dumb show, with a dumb plot, and lots and lots of fanservice. What's there to complain about if you're into this sort of show? I think it's best to toss critical thinking out the window when watching a show like this.

By the way, I don't consider you expressing your opinions as nitpicking, whether or not I agree with what you say.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.