AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-04-15, 19:26   Link #1
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Question A very weird speed issue

I've noticed that speed questions are a common thing here and sadly, I must contribute my five cents to another thread of this ramble. No, please, don't close this thread yet, could you please at least read tis before you do so? If I am wrong and the answer to this is indeed posted here somewhere (havent been able to find it), I apologize, tell and I will remove the thread.

Ok, my bittorrent is slow (wow), but didn't use to be.

First, it became weird a few weeks ago, it started freezing in the middle of a download but this problem was quickly remedied after I dl-ed the newest version.

The real problem started then, my download rate, which usually would lay around 100kb/s (2.5 mb/s broadband, lots of seeds), have been acting *insuffarable* slow lately. I don't use a firewall, and the files I download have all been ones with least a hundred of seeders.

I know that my download rate is related to how much I upload, which is the other problem. My upload rate usually were about 70-80kb/s, it now seldom even reaches 20kb/s, I've tried closing the window down and resuming the download to get faster peerconnections but useless. Whatever file I try, how many seeders there are , and how many times I close down my BT-window to get new peer connections seems to be of no matter, my upload rate no longer exceeds 20kb/s.

Even worse is my download rate which don't even exceed 10kb/s.

Sometimes, the download and upload rate goes up for a short time but alwasy returns to about 8-15 kb/s each. It's like it's deliberately seeking out all the 28kb/s dial up modems on the net.

If you can help, please, I'm not a IT nor a computer oriented person, I would appreciate if you didn't use *too* heavy terminology to tell me. There is the possibility that it is the router, but in that case, i really have no idea of what to do, or how to remedy it. Help?
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote