AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-11, 06:29   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

New info: Chrno Crusade NOT ending at ep18

Ok, I know I was the one who provided the bad news that Chrno Crusade's slot will be taken over in April and hence Moonphase speculated that it would be ending at ep18 on air. This is now NOT TRUE! (YAY!!!!!)

While the timeslot is indeed being taken over, from ep19 onwards Chrno Crusade will be moving to Galaxy Railway's slot on Wednesdays (it currently airs on Mondays) since GR is ending at ep26.

This is great news and probably means all 24 episodes will air on FujiTV. I guess they've decided to change their ways, or Chrno's ratings are satisfactory for them.
Old 2004-03-11, 07:32   Link #2
marin

Do they even care about ratings for something that airs at like 2am?
Old 2004-03-11, 09:23   Link #3
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
Do they even care about ratings for something that airs at like 2am?
They most certainly due...

Dear Boys was cancelled early, and it aired at 12:30... :\

-Tofu
Old 2004-03-11, 11:41   Link #4
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

duckroll is everywhere!

Since you know everything tell me this: is Planetes ending where the manga ends? o.o
Old 2004-03-11, 13:55   Link #5
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Anime producers...well, the backers of anime production are too chicken to experiment with OVA these days so instead, they opt for uber late-night TV broadcast.

That's why the seemingly more "experimental" series air around then.

24:30 or better yet, I love it when the time is 26:30 or some insane thing like that!
Geez, where the heck is 26:00 on a 24 hour clock?
Old 2004-03-11, 14:35   Link #6
marin

26:00 = 2:00 am
Old 2004-03-11, 15:24   Link #7
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riese
Anime producers...well, the backers of anime production are too chicken to experiment with OVA these days so instead, they opt for uber late-night TV broadcast.

That's why the seemingly more "experimental" series air around then.

24:30 or better yet, I love it when the time is 26:30 or some insane thing like that!
Geez, where the heck is 26:00 on a 24 hour clock?
With over 60 anime shows airing per week in Japan, you have limited places where anime can be placed. Shows that are "proven" to be a hit (manga sales, etc) are given priority by the TV studios for better "golden time" slots. That, and the amount who sponsors these shows.

You have shows like Inuyasha, Detective Conan, Doraemon, Naruto and One Piece which show regularly at the better "6-8PM" timeslots on a major network in weekdays. Why? Because they are backed by major corporations which knows that these anime will sell.

All the rest of the anime are shoved off into obscure timeslots and local UHF stations. Only people who would want to watch will, but you are not going to see a regular person who has school/work the next day to be watching this. Nor does the TV studio - they just don't see that these anime will ever get the ratings they hope for. Why waste a good timeslot for something that will never get a rating over 2% (the bare minimum threshold for Media Research ratings to being a "profitable" show)? Why waste valuable network space in the first place when alternative channels like UHF, BS satellite, and CS satellite networks exists?

Hence: "More anime doesn't necessarily mean 'more anime' in general." What you end up is a severe shortage of timeslots and channels that they are shoved into obscure places. The anime makers have no control over what time they want to show their anime - the TV studios choose what timeslots are available.
Old 2004-03-11, 17:00   Link #8
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I am glad they decided that. I was really worried when they said they are not going to show the whole thing on tv cause Chrno Crusade=one of my fav anime at the moment.

I guess what must be remembered about Japanese TV is that normally they don't have 200 channels like we do in America. Obviously if you go and get a satellite dish Jap ppl still can go and have hundreds of channels but most people don't. Besides, they still have to show their news, sport, game shows, and brilliant Jap soap opras, so really anime does not usually get first piority.
Old 2004-03-11, 23:26   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
...Why waste a good timeslot for something that will never get a rating over 2% (the bare minimum threshold for Media Research ratings to being a "profitable" show)? Why waste valuable network space in the first place when alternative channels like UHF, BS satellite, and CS satellite networks exists?
It really makes you wonder... I assume that, since these shows keep getting produced, they must at least make their money back in merchandise and DVD sales. In other words, it sounds like, unless you've got a "major hit" on your hands, the best you can hope for is to break even and *maybe* make a small profit. That's a pretty dismal predicament for the smaller studios... sounds like most of the entertainment world these days. I'm glad that the anime market hasn't totally turned into "Hollywood" quite yet, where potential sales is pretty much the only factor that decides whether or something gets made or not. It's probably going to end up that way, though...
Old 2004-03-12, 02:14   Link #10
TheOneManArmy

Since the subject is up, anyone knows what show will take Chrno Crusade's place in it's timeslot?
Old 2004-03-12, 11:41   Link #11
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i think, the strange timeslots are not that much of a problem for people, who want to watch a series, they like. they have videorecorders in japan too. but i guess, since it is japan, they don't even have video recorders but only dvd-recorders that can record each and every show on every channel each day.
Old 2004-03-17, 16:50   Link #12
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneManArmy
Since the subject is up, anyone knows what show will take Chrno Crusade's place in it's timeslot?
According to the latest news, the old Chrno timeslot will be taken over by GANTZ, another GONZO anime based on a manga (hopefully they won't slaughter the story for that one... Not that there's much of a story to begin with)
Old 2004-03-24, 10:52   Link #13
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
According to the latest news, the old Chrno timeslot will be taken over by GANTZ, another GONZO anime based on a manga (hopefully they won't slaughter the story for that one... Not that there's much of a story to begin with)
heh, I'm pretty confident that they can't slaughter the story of GANTZ, since it's practically non-existent to begin with. I just hope they can recreate all those blood and violence and nudity in the manga intact... but I doubt it.
Old 2004-03-25, 14:54   Link #14
Saouri
Megami-sama

Send a message via MSN to Saouri Send a message via Yahoo to Saouri
I've read in Natsume Maya's page that GONZO announced that Chrno Crusade anime will be 26 episodes!!!

Here is the page with the announce: http://www.gonzo.co.jp/titles/0402.html
Old 2004-03-25, 20:09   Link #15
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

It's good to hear that it will have more episodes
Old 2004-04-09, 04:27   Link #16
Starwolf

Ahh it's nice to see someone from germany here =) .
Old 2004-04-10, 08:11   Link #17
Akuma

Wink New time for Chrno Crusade

At the end of Chrno Crusade episode 18, it stated that the next episode would be shown on Wednesday 14 April from 3:28am.

Do not despair loyal fans!

The anime still continues, even though most of us can't understand much of what's going on......

Still, I hope this is some consolation to others out there.
Old 2004-04-10, 19:55   Link #18
Dunpeal

Send a message via MSN to Dunpeal Send a message via Yahoo to Dunpeal
wow im glad of this i was getting depressed thinking i wouldnt be able to finish this series. does anyone happen to know if this will make its way to the us?or US it unlicenesed?

wooo lemme edit this i just read the sticky...sorry about that.

Last edited by Dunpeal; 2004-04-10 at 20:09.
Old 2004-04-10, 22:40   Link #19
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saouri
I've read in Natsume Maya's page that GONZO announced that Chrno Crusade anime will be 26 episodes!!!

Here is the page with the announce: http://www.gonzo.co.jp/titles/0402.html
Don't you mean 24 episodes? Thats what the site is showing.
Old 2004-04-14, 21:22   Link #20
suires
たこ焼き名人

It's nice to know that there are more than 18 episodes but shock to know that there are only 24 episodes. Really like this series and hope there will at least 50 episodes.
Closed Thread