AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-26, 09:24   Link #1
Joyce_Steele
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Design your own game

I don't if moderators allowed such very trivial thread like this but I think this thread could be very useful especially to indie developers out there.

I wish I can make a game where you raise your little sister, well let's name it
Little Sister Raiser! The game itself is simple, you play as a brother who had to raise your little sister from infancy to adult which separated into different growth stages from infant(easiest), child, teenager and adult(hardest). You can put some makeup on her to raise her beauty factors, popularity etc. Buy her some expensive dresses to maintain her happiness. There are some random events which your sister may sneak out in the night without your consent and sometimes she also try to bring a guy into your home and many more that you think for yourself. You can your sister's physical appearance in similar manner to The Sims but for more complicated as it influenced the gameplay. There's also a mod/DLC you can raise a little brother instead for female audiences.
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 18:24   Link #2
Lyocol
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Little Sister Raiser could become a great game for a small indie developers but unfortunately I can hear feminists screaming for how sexist it is(you have the control over your sister for everything) but as long as it got the target audiences right, the men and it should be fine.

On-topic I always dreaming of playing a role-playing game set in post apocalyptic future similar to Fallout series but you can build your own village, recruit and persuade people to live in your village, train them into doctors, blacksmith, gunsmith, mechanic, farmers, fishermen, etc and forge weapons and armor and finally lead the to battle against bandits and other villages/clans and loot their supplies. I am surprised why there still no big developers haven't had this in their mind yet. I guess they all too busy making too many FPS games instead of making something revolutionary.
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 19:59   Link #3
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Maybe the idea shouldn't be so much as raising your little sister as opposed to influencing them by how you interact? Isn't that the normal thing anyway?

I wish they made a vocaloid dating sim or something. The idea that vocaloids actually exist but in secret. When the protagonist discovers this secret, he has to manage the vocaloid's personal life and online celebrity life. The funny thing is how the concerts and the interactions affect each other. The ending of the game doesn't only dictate which girl's route you take but the image they take on. Rocker, idol, diva.

Though maybe another game already took this idea
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 02:02   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
More and more I find myself thinking about what kind of game I would like to make these days, my first instinct would be an RPG of sorts, some fantastically perfect blend of Dragon Age, Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma combat, with a guild building mechanics of the likes of Assassin's Creed and Bravely Default.

...At the same time after the reveal of Titanfall and Evolve, I've been thinking of a game where you fight giant eldritch horror aliens that comes out of portals under the sea with giant mechas and you can get out of the mechs and swing around using Batman style grappling hooks instead of jetpacks.

EDIT: switch between 3rd and 1st person view of course.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 04:42   Link #5
Joyce_Steele
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Lyocol: I think the game you described actually exists and its name is Kenshi which you can check out in Steam. It still very different than you described though but close enough.

demino_hellsin: I also surprised there still no Vocaloid dating simulation out there despite its popularity but I do think that Vocaloid's creator don't want the franchise milked in that way. Just saying though.

Back to topic I think gaming industry need a game where you can control an all-teenage girl exploration team as appose to macho men and sexy ladies that already exists. While it not going to sell but at least the idea and setting itself could be its strong selling point, at least from what I hoped.
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 06:21   Link #6
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
I wish I can make a game where you raise your little sister, well let's name it
Little Sister Raiser! The game itself is simple, you play as a brother who had to raise your little sister from infancy to adult which separated into different growth stages from infant(easiest), child, teenager and adult(hardest). You can put some makeup on her to raise her beauty factors, popularity etc. Buy her some expensive dresses to maintain her happiness. There are some random events which your sister may sneak out in the night without your consent and sometimes she also try to bring a guy into your home and many more that you think for yourself. You can your sister's physical appearance in similar manner to The Sims but for more complicated as it influenced the gameplay.
Sounds a lot like Princess Maker (though she's your daughter in PM, not your sister).

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Maybe the idea shouldn't be so much as raising your little sister as opposed to influencing them by how you interact? Isn't that the normal thing anyway?

I wish they made a vocaloid dating sim or something. The idea that vocaloids actually exist but in secret. When the protagonist discovers this secret, he has to manage the vocaloid's personal life and online celebrity life. The funny thing is how the concerts and the interactions affect each other. The ending of the game doesn't only dictate which girl's route you take but the image they take on. Rocker, idol, diva.

Though maybe another game already took this idea
There is actually a series of romantic doujin visual novels out there featuring Vocaloids. In fact, they have even been translated to English: Mirai no Kimi to, Subete no Uta ni, Rin ga Utau, Mirai no Neiro and Mirai no Uta to, Tsunagaru Hitomi. None of them feature the Vocaloids as famous net idols, though. If I recall correctly from the first game, Miku is a discarded robot or something.

For the idol management, you might want to look at THE iDOLM@STER (the game). Though I've never played im@s myself, it sounds a lot like what you're describing.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 10:04   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
So here's my idea for a game.

It's a RTT like Total War meets Hack and slash action like Dynasty Warriors with political intrigue of Crusader Kings. With some Dating sim added in.

You select a character who is task to end a brutal war that has plagued an Empire after it's Emperor died. You character most build armies to help him in his quest, towns and buildings to finance and feed your army, gain combat skills and form alliances with other factions.

A unique feature of this game will be it's relationship system. The player can marry and have more than one wife from many of the different factions which has advantages as each girl posses unique skills the player might need in his quest. (eg. one girl might be a skilled warrior who can join you in battle, another has her country's special troops join your army, or a girl's country can produce twice as much food than the others etc)

However getting their hand in marriage isn't simple as you have to prove it in many ways like helping a country defeat a troll menace to getting an important quest item.

Even after your MC has married, you still have to keep good relations with your wives as they might be unhappy if you did certain things they might not approve. (eg. Not helping your wife's country, not spending time with her, marrying a princess from another faction which one of your wives has a grudge against. etc)


So what do you think?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 09:18   Link #8
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Not familiar with half the games stated above but sounds kinda like Fire Emblem Awakening if it were hack'n slash style mixed with Suikoden. Can't say the idea doesn't have its charms

I hope there's something interesting in First Person Shooters again. Currently the one I'm playing is Payday 2. I think the idea of focusing less on combat but giving it its space is a smart move. It differentiates from others. What I'd like to conceptualize is something that returns shooters to their roots but takes a simple part of the formula into a core concept. Nowadays that seems to be customizability, and teabagging. Also cover systems.

If you guys play any shooters, what sets the one you play apart from the others? What made you want to play it?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 03:05   Link #9
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Well this might no longer be an idea, but a game in progress, I am making a Turn Based 1st Person View Stealth Dungeon Roguelike called "Symbiotique" and just as the name suggest, it's very biopunk... All armors are organic or half organic and serve as your classes and you can switch between them when needed and the armors are alive, some of them even communicate [such as praising your skill or simply ridiculing your idiocy] (There are armors that are Stealth oriented, Psionic Oriented, or Sheer Armor and Firepower bonus)

Plot
Spoiler for Too long:


The game system is turn based, movement and normal attacks consume a turn, skills do not, and like I said there are stealth mechanics, such as Vision fields (Don't get too overconfident, some aliens have 360 degrees worth of vision and weaponry), Darkness (Some are nocturnal, mind you), and Noise (some are blind, but watch out, they might have sharp ears). Abilities range from granting you extra movement, giving you perfect stealth, or simply turning you into a meatshield, or standard RPG status effects, such as stun, shock, burn, etc.

But there is no levelling mechanic here, there are no such thing as Character Menu, you only have an Inventory, and that's it! No Skill Menu either! All of your skills are dependent in your Symbiote, feeling too weak? Evolve them by feeding them their fellow Symbiotes that you don't need, I'm still making a large chart of them...

And just like I mentioned in the Stealth, there will tons of kinds of enemies in different biomes that will test your observation and prediction skills, Jellyfish like aliens that rely on changes in the light to know where you are, blind giant moles that have ears to know where you are and hide underground, Flying rays that can see you in ultraviolet etc. Then there are shield bearing mooks that are invincible in front but totally screwed in their ass, there are those with 360 degrees worth of no sell unless you find out a way to destroy the shield or time yourself well, etc. The biomes aren't too nice either, some even benefit your foes, such as unwalkable lava pools that recovers their health, a foggy forest that you can't see anything but they can, etc...

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-05-16 at 22:28.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 21:28   Link #10
typo
Happy as you are
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kool aid land
Not too shabby. I'd buy one of those kind of games.
typo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 22:33   Link #11
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Not familiar with half the games stated above but sounds kinda like Fire Emblem Awakening if it were hack'n slash style mixed with Suikoden. Can't say the idea doesn't have its charms

I hope there's something interesting in First Person Shooters again. Currently the one I'm playing is Payday 2. I think the idea of focusing less on combat but giving it its space is a smart move. It differentiates from others. What I'd like to conceptualize is something that returns shooters to their roots but takes a simple part of the formula into a core concept. Nowadays that seems to be customizability, and teabagging. Also cover systems.

If you guys play any shooters, what sets the one you play apart from the others? What made you want to play it?
FEAR or Brothers in Arms...

How often do you see an AI that seriously try to take you down even if it is not coded (not event driven wherein you can bypass that one by simply sniping them from afar). Wherein they will split in two groups (or even more, which is a total nightmare), lay down suppressive fire while their weaker counterparts flank you while you're busy dealing with a tank. Changing Cover if necessary to keep you confused... and paranoid that they have more troops despite having a few only. Throw grenades and wait for the moment you get out. And even if they fail, they are still fighting systematically to take you down with that multilayered plan of theirs? Now that is impressive.

Dishonored.

Stealth mechanics are the most impressive here, that aside, also, how often do you see a patrolmen notice that something is off (such as missing squads) that they will assume their position and add the patrol route of the missing guards to theirs. Also, they know what to do when the Wall of Light or Arc Pylons started to turn on them, they will try to drain its energy by throwing what they can hold, be it Rats or Stones or Bottles.

Just because the guard there is out doesn't mean it's perfectly clear... NO. if another guard who is not supposed to be there notices nothing is off, he'll surely be there WITH SWORDS DRAWN, so to be sure, deal with all of them. Leave no witnesses.

The only flaw is that the guards are too lazy to replace the damn Wall of Light/Arc Pylon unless it's event coded (like in Return to Dunwall Tower).

Thief: Deadly Shadows:

HELL YEAH! FOR ME THIS IS THE TRUE KING OF STEALTH! Light, sounds, vision range, and a.i. this game is simply amazing, anyone will find anything off, aside from patrolling guards or missing civilians, so make sure that you don't do anything strange, such as leaving toppled bottles or furniture out of places (My frequent mistake for finding treasure), marks of blood, or an open door, cause if you do, say hello to prison taffer!

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-05-16 at 23:11.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 07:46   Link #12
Lyocol
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I hate to spam this thread again but I just had new idea...

It should be called as "Demon Wars: The Apocalypse". Much like XCOM but with demons and monsters instead of aliens. You play as commander of a paramilitary group against the demons, which can be either a human or a demon based on player's choice.

You can build base which you can recruit human or demon soldiers. Humans may lack the special abilities which demons have but they can equip themselves with variety of weapons, armor and magic spells. Demons have special abilities depend on species but cannot equip themselves with weapon, armor and magic spells(though some of them may have species-based spells). For example a harpy can fly but cannot equip himself/herself with weapons since he/she have no hands. A arachnia-like demon can crawl on walls like a spider but cannot jump and have low evasion rate. A vampire have high evasion rate as well as stealth bonus and can suck blood of human enemies for quick health recovery but have low hit points and defense rate. They need to suck blood often to recover the health loss from combat. A golem-like demon can use itself as a cover for the fellow soldiers from enemy fire but cannot be brought often because of size penalties as well as very low evasion rate(being huge and speed is not necessary).

By using both science and magic, you can craft weapons like an assault rifle that can fire anti-golem bullets or a beret with built-in healing properties for examples. Much like XCOM you can research new technologies and spells as long you have enough scientists and wizards/witches for the job. You can even use media to spread your propaganda to gain support from your allies as well as demoralize your enemies. Unlike XCOM though you can choose which side you on. You can let the humans kill all demons and destroy their realm or let demons conquer earth instead and finally broker peace between humans and demons(though both will not going to share the same realm to prevent the war from happening again).
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 03:53   Link #13
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyocol View Post
I hate to spam this thread again but I just had new idea...

It should be called as "Demon Wars: The Apocalypse". Much like XCOM but with demons and monsters instead of aliens. You play as commander of a paramilitary group against the demons, which can be either a human or a demon based on player's choice.

You can build base which you can recruit human or demon soldiers. Humans may lack the special abilities which demons have but they can equip themselves with variety of weapons, armor and magic spells. Demons have special abilities depend on species but cannot equip themselves with weapon, armor and magic spells(though some of them may have species-based spells). For example a harpy can fly but cannot equip himself/herself with weapons since he/she have no hands. A arachnia-like demon can crawl on walls like a spider but cannot jump and have low evasion rate. A vampire have high evasion rate as well as stealth bonus and can suck blood of human enemies for quick health recovery but have low hit points and defense rate. They need to suck blood often to recover the health loss from combat. A golem-like demon can use itself as a cover for the fellow soldiers from enemy fire but cannot be brought often because of size penalties as well as very low evasion rate(being huge and speed is not necessary).

By using both science and magic, you can craft weapons like an assault rifle that can fire anti-golem bullets or a beret with built-in healing properties for examples. Much like XCOM you can research new technologies and spells as long you have enough scientists and wizards/witches for the job. You can even use media to spread your propaganda to gain support from your allies as well as demoralize your enemies. Unlike XCOM though you can choose which side you on. You can let the humans kill all demons and destroy their realm or let demons conquer earth instead and finally broker peace between humans and demons(though both will not going to share the same realm to prevent the war from happening again).
GATE: Thus the JSDF fought here: THE GAME.

I. LIKE. IT!

1.) But what is the gameplay style? X-Com? Real Time C&C or Real Time ENDWAR? Valkyria BLITZ system, or the move/attack system of Roguelikes?

Also:
2.) If you chose to Broker and you are opposed by some of both factions, will you get the tech tree of both and continue the game to finish them off?
3.) Cooperative tactics: Such as Harpies/Vampires ferrying Human troops across obstacles? Will Arachnes form Nets on buildings that will allow humans to climb an infiltrate it?
4.) Morality.

spamming is fine for me... as long as it is relevant. Who knows, we might be able to make a game for you... But like I said in my 1st Post. I'm busy making one cause it's my Thesis. so I won't have time to create your games and see how it looks when played.

But of all games listed here, I find yours the most eye catching...

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-05-26 at 07:09.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 10:06   Link #14
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Not familiar with half the games stated above but sounds kinda like Fire Emblem Awakening if it were hack'n slash style mixed with Suikoden. Can't say the idea doesn't have its charms

I hope there's something interesting in First Person Shooters again. Currently the one I'm playing is Payday 2. I think the idea of focusing less on combat but giving it its space is a smart move. It differentiates from others. What I'd like to conceptualize is something that returns shooters to their roots but takes a simple part of the formula into a core concept. Nowadays that seems to be customizability, and teabagging. Also cover systems.

If you guys play any shooters, what sets the one you play apart from the others? What made you want to play it?
Here's Crusader Kings 2.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And the Total War series.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 00:05   Link #15
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Update:

Thanks to the new curriculum I am forced to tear down the old game project and move to a new one. As well as I lost my team because of the said curriculum.

The new game: Magnus. A stealthy open world 2d Metroidivania

If anyone has played Castlevania Sorrow series and Curse of Darkness, then you'll get the gist of this.

This game has you take the role of some guy only known in the name of "Magnus" an apt name, he's a master of manipulating the forces of the unknown (The souls in Castlevania) and use them to make magical artifacts that are used by your typical overly zealous church. It begins with after all the wars, servitude, etc. you did for the church, the greedy church then thinks that you're a liability the decide taking everything you had and getting the tech they wanted, they decided to have you executed cause you are a child of darkness as a Magnus thus, a heretic, and must be executed, but they added that it will do good for the organization since the enemy is already long gone, but are you contented with just having your head roll down after having your neck cut off by the gullotine? NOPE. And because you didn't agree they decided to kill your love ones (a la Dracula) so what do you do? REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING!

They might have taken the devices... BUT WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK MADE THEM? You of course, it starts with you fleeing the city, then plotting your revenge against the church, but that's just the beginning, as the fate of the city lies in your hands, will it be a new golden age, or will you let the city tear itself apart? Your call.

Features:

1.) Open world metroidivania. No one is going to give you shit on what you must do. Mission hint: Get out of the city. Specific instruction? DECIDE FOR IT YOURSELF! Like Dishonored, there are many ways to complete the mission, many ways to go inside something, and many ways to kill someone. You can escape to the forest outside. You can live in the sewers. You can live in the slum part of the city, YOU. DECIDE. IT. I want players to react on my forums, telling their tales, how they did it, what they did, why they did it, etc. Every playthrough is different.

2.) Dynamic world. Even without player input, the world is dynamic, you can see people acting normally, only for the next day to have a rebellion against the church, you can see the forces of darkness at work again, and YOU can decide what will happen. You can sabotage the walls and tomorrow find the guards overrun. You can find an evidence of the corruption of some noble, and watch Peasants crowd in his mansion with pitchforks in hand. It rains, it snows, nighttime comes, daylight passes. Heck you even had control over those elements too once you had the power.

3.) Forgemaster. Ever recalled Dawn of Sorrow? And how about Curse of Darkness? I decided to combine it. Magnus can tame the darkness, but he can't use them like how Soma uses his Souls, nope, he has to forge it into weapons... AND EVERY DARK( OR DIVINE) CREATURE HAS THEIR EFFECTS IN DIFFERENT WEAPONS!
Got a Slime? Put it in a dagger to make a Slime Dagger that you can throw in the ground that make puddles of slime to allow you to use it like a trampoline. Or maybe a Spear and make one that can stick to walls turn into platforms and throw you over great distances. Alura Unes? Try one in whips to make a merciless thorny whip or how about making a flowery armor that renders you invisible when you're in the gardens or forests. Undines? Combine it with a gun to make a gun that fires liquefied icy bullets that follow pipelines and hit anyone daft enough to stay in the waterways (for example: Someone taking a shower is going to be showered with Needles of Ice) or make an armor that turns you into liquid and allows you to pass through pipes, grates, whatnot... It's only limited by your Sadism, Subtlety, and (Mad) Imagination.

3.) Stealth: Stealth is decided here by 4 factors: Line of Sight, Camouflage, Darkness, and Noise. Line of sight, sound and Darkness are self explanatory, but Camouflage is more than just the aforementioned way in the above number. You can disguise yourself as a butler just to get close to your target, or you can use a succubus empowered weapon to make yourself look like a fine lady, So get creative.

4.) Dynamic Assassinations: We won't give you missions, Why? BECAUSE NO FUCKING WAY YOUR TARGET IS DAFT ENOUGH TO STAY AT ONE PLACE AT A TIME! Listen to the commoners, listen to the guards, look for signs in the boards, wait patiently, be ahead, or be fast cause they ain't staying there for nothing, they eat, they take a bath *giggity, Female targets anyone?* they shit, they sleep, they work, they go to brothels, JUST LIKE A LIVING BEING. Get those hunter senses awake Magnus!

5.) Choices, many things you do in this game can influence the city as the same as yours. You went to the slums? prepare your ears to either the cries of men dishonored, or nobles doing dirty business. Went to the forest? You will see the hardships of the so called Creatures of Darkness. Oh you killed a noble and got seen? The guards will be active with swords drawn, Killed a noble in the most brutal way possible without being seen? Watch the guards shit themselves, watch their paranoia eat their sensibility. "THE DARKNESS IS UPON US" Everything you do will decide the fate of the city. Every little bit of it. The population, The sanity, The morality, and the looks of the city itself.

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-06-04 at 05:58.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 02:30   Link #16
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyocol View Post
I hate to spam this thread again but I just had new idea...

It should be called as "Demon Wars: The Apocalypse". Much like XCOM but with demons and monsters instead of aliens. You play as commander of a paramilitary group against the demons, which can be either a human or a demon based on player's choice.

You can build base which you can recruit human or demon soldiers. Humans may lack the special abilities which demons have but they can equip themselves with variety of weapons, armor and magic spells. Demons have special abilities depend on species but cannot equip themselves with weapon, armor and magic spells(though some of them may have species-based spells). For example a harpy can fly but cannot equip himself/herself with weapons since he/she have no hands. A arachnia-like demon can crawl on walls like a spider but cannot jump and have low evasion rate. A vampire have high evasion rate as well as stealth bonus and can suck blood of human enemies for quick health recovery but have low hit points and defense rate. They need to suck blood often to recover the health loss from combat. A golem-like demon can use itself as a cover for the fellow soldiers from enemy fire but cannot be brought often because of size penalties as well as very low evasion rate(being huge and speed is not necessary).

By using both science and magic, you can craft weapons like an assault rifle that can fire anti-golem bullets or a beret with built-in healing properties for examples. Much like XCOM you can research new technologies and spells as long you have enough scientists and wizards/witches for the job. You can even use media to spread your propaganda to gain support from your allies as well as demoralize your enemies. Unlike XCOM though you can choose which side you on. You can let the humans kill all demons and destroy their realm or let demons conquer earth instead and finally broker peace between humans and demons(though both will not going to share the same realm to prevent the war from happening again).
Hmm... sounds a bit like Stuart Slade's novel, the Salvation War, only where the demons pose an actual threat (as opposed to be not that impressive to anyone whose seen an Abrams tank!).

That said, you could still do a direct Salvation War FPS, as infantry still proved more vulnerable to demonic attack, or you could make it an alternate universe where the demons attacked during say, the American Civil War or World War I. That said, any sort of adaptation of the Salvation War is impossible as, after defeating Satan, humanity literally declares war on heaven and defeats a tyrannical God. Can you imagine the shit storm the Christian right would stir up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
GATE: Thus the JSDF fought here: THE GAME.
While it might seem like too much of a curb stomp to be fun, Gate could actually also work as an FPS, given that the player would have modern weapons, but typically be outnumbered as many as several hundred to one when behind the lines in the "Special Region". Also, potential boss enemies such as the ancient dragon.

Now, onto my ideas:

Random Ideas:

First off, I stated on another thread that there are a number of anime that deserve game adaptations "beyond the visual novel". For instance, Highschool of the Dead as a Left 4 Dead style zombie shooter, or even Zero no Tsukaima as an open-world, open ended third person action/adventure, with hybrid "melee" controls similar to Assassin's Creed, and standard third person shooter controls for modern weapons and vehicles (very rare in Halkeginia, often unlocked in side quests).

Mirai Nikki: The Game

Another idea I had was an open world game based on Mirai Nikki similar to Grand Theft Auto, where the player can select any of the canon "diary owners", or a few other characters, and hunt down the other diary owners through Sakurami, while getting a hold of weapons and evading the police. Different characters would have different skills (i.e Yuno Gasai- attack bonus with bladed weapons, Minene Uryuu, attack bonus and higher blast radius with explosives etc), and in some cases, weaknesses (i.e Tsubaki Kasugano- can "hotswap" between cult followers, but Tsubaki herself is nearly blind and the game goes blurry when controlling her directly). This means winning is easier with some characters (i.e. Yuno, Minene, Kurusu) than others (i.e. Tsubaki).


Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite: The Visual Novel

Finally, for all of the talk of going beyond the visual novel, I also have an idea for a very unique eroge. I recently read the manga Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite, a manga where Kazuya, a womanizing author is murdered by his "unwanted virgin" childhood friend, Masaki, apparently for sleeping with Masaki's high school crush, Rika Yoshino, but instead of dying, Kazuya is sent back in time to age 15.

The thing that would make this adaptation different from most eroge as the main objective is not to score with one/multiple women. In fact, in many case, sexual conquests, particularly those involving Rika will result in bad ends. Many of these bad ends would of course involve Masaki as the killer, but occasionally other would involve Rika, or in one case,
Spoiler for Ore ga Doutei manga spoilers:


Instead of getting the main character laid, in many of the endings, in order survive in this game, the player/Kazuya must hook Masaki up with either Rika, Hazuki, or another girl (though in may cases, Kazuya also gets one of the girls) Also, in addition Masaki, Rika and Kazuya himself also have issues (saying any more would spoil the manga), and only in one true "good end" does everyone end up happy.
Spoiler for Major Ore ga Doutei manga spoilers. Also, the "best" end to my eroge adaptation:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 02:43   Link #17
EroBotan
Nasty Pet
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
@Sinemora: Your idea is very cool just be careful not to make the world too big
^^

@Spartan: Love your ideas, especially the Mirai Nikki one . Will be nice to hear a more detailed gameplay explanation, especially for Mirai Nikki & High School of the Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It's a RTT like Total War meets Hack and slash action like Dynasty Warriors with political intrigue of Crusader Kings. With some Dating sim added in.

You select a character who is task to end a brutal war that has plagued an Empire after it's Emperor died. You character most build armies to help him in his quest, towns and buildings to finance and feed your army, gain combat skills and form alliances with other factions.

A unique feature of this game will be it's relationship system. The player can marry and have more than one wife from many of the different factions which has advantages as each girl posses unique skills the player might need in his quest. (eg. one girl might be a skilled warrior who can join you in battle, another has her country's special troops join your army, or a girl's country can produce twice as much food than the others etc)

However getting their hand in marriage isn't simple as you have to prove it in many ways like helping a country defeat a troll menace to getting an important quest item.

Even after your MC has married, you still have to keep good relations with your wives as they might be unhappy if you did certain things they might not approve. (eg. Not helping your wife's country, not spending time with her, marrying a princess from another faction which one of your wives has a grudge against. etc)


So what do you think?
Will be nice to see this game become reality! I actually has similar idea but mine is more simple since it only focused on the player's kingdom. The date-able characters are the kingdom's citizens (the generals, ministers, inn waitress, princess, etc) instead of princessess from another kingdom. There is no love affairs management either ^^;
__________________

Last edited by EroBotan; 2014-06-04 at 02:55.
EroBotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 05:36   Link #18
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
@Sinemora: Your idea is very cool just be careful not to make the world too big
^^

@Spartan: Love your ideas, especially the Mirai Nikki one . Will be nice to hear a more detailed gameplay explanation, especially for Mirai Nikki & High School of the Dead.


Will be nice to see this game become reality! I actually has similar idea but mine is more simple since it only focused on the player's kingdom. The date-able characters are the kingdom's citizens (the generals, ministers, inn waitress, princess, etc) instead of princessess from another kingdom. There is no love affairs management either ^^;
The world is dependent on the number of Assassination Targets...

Might as well go with 7 Major Targets like Dishonored to make it decent enough.
About 13 Minor but influential sub-Assassinations will do.

But I heard players saying that Dishonored is too short. Well yeah, but the replayability keeps it alive.

I also don't plan on making duplicate places, 1 Brothel is enough I also plan to make the Brothel the bathhouse as well like Dishonored, 1 Bar is enough no need for Restaurants, The noble lives in where he works for instance the port, no need for a separate mansion I'll just make the Port fancy as fuck while the commoners get their rather... uh... not so wholesome area (only one noble gets a mansion, but he has no occupation), The church and the government will be in a single building only (To symbolize their control)

The minor assassination targets may also share the same area as the major ones, one works for another as their Dragon, villain in chief, minion, etc...

The city isn't massive at all.. The darklands are larger (Forest (connected to the city, the mansion, and the cave, and the mountain), Haunted Mansion, Cave (connects to the underworld and underwater), Underworld, Underwater, Angelic Mountain oopss... that's spoileriffic)

Also, the city always have 2 layers... the outer and the inner (or cross sections)

Edit: Has anyone noticed the Dishonored vibe of Pandyssia here?

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-06-04 at 06:19.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 08:05   Link #19
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Tactical: Strategy-Shooter

A game which plays in two phases. The tactical phase and the operation stage. The tactical stage occurs on a skirmish map where-in you have an ultimate goal to achieve. Each skirmish map will have tactical nodes which provide certain benefits for your side. Be it objective progression, supply routes, a temporary base or a natural ambush point. You distribute your units and place them in squads to take control of these tactical nodes. Taking tactical nodes can result in success or failure depending on your team composition, their skills as well as enemy presence.

The shooter portion can be played or skipped depending on the player's choice. By choosing to play the shooter portion, the shooter takes control of one of his squad and lead it to victory. This is done mostly when the chances of failure are higher than the chances of success. The higher the chances of failure, the higher the difficulty level of the node.

Team management is divided between hiring into your army and squad placement, weapons assignment and skill allocation. Each team member's stats will affect both individual gameplay in shooter mode and efficacy of the squad in the skirmish map.

Multiplayer can be played in many ways. Team matches, free for all or purely co-op. This is done by separating the skirmish part into phases. Once skirmish choices are done and active combat participation is detected, those that choose to pass can oversee the battlefields and move additional units already on the map to turn the tide on the skirmish map instead of the node. By adding more units to a node that a player is in combat, it can dynamically add or lessen the difficulty of the mission of the player in combat.

Shape how you conquer the battlefields by training a specific squad or hiring them all and nurturing them to be a superior whole. Blaze a trail by personally taking down node after node or play with the bigger picture. It's your choice.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 20:43   Link #20
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Tactical: Strategy-Shooter

A game which plays in two phases. The tactical phase and the operation stage. The tactical stage occurs on a skirmish map where-in you have an ultimate goal to achieve. Each skirmish map will have tactical nodes which provide certain benefits for your side. Be it objective progression, supply routes, a temporary base or a natural ambush point. You distribute your units and place them in squads to take control of these tactical nodes. Taking tactical nodes can result in success or failure depending on your team composition, their skills as well as enemy presence.

The shooter portion can be played or skipped depending on the player's choice. By choosing to play the shooter portion, the shooter takes control of one of his squad and lead it to victory. This is done mostly when the chances of failure are higher than the chances of success. The higher the chances of failure, the higher the difficulty level of the node.

Team management is divided between hiring into your army and squad placement, weapons assignment and skill allocation. Each team member's stats will affect both individual gameplay in shooter mode and efficacy of the squad in the skirmish map.

Multiplayer can be played in many ways. Team matches, free for all or purely co-op. This is done by separating the skirmish part into phases. Once skirmish choices are done and active combat participation is detected, those that choose to pass can oversee the battlefields and move additional units already on the map to turn the tide on the skirmish map instead of the node. By adding more units to a node that a player is in combat, it can dynamically add or lessen the difficulty of the mission of the player in combat.

Shape how you conquer the battlefields by training a specific squad or hiring them all and nurturing them to be a superior whole. Blaze a trail by personally taking down node after node or play with the bigger picture. It's your choice.
Feels like Endwar, but with more control since it's a shooter.

EDIT: Which is better because for some reason, the AI in Endwar get's stuck in places that are waaaaay too dumb...

Last edited by SineMora; 2014-06-04 at 22:59.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.