AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-06-03, 09:15   Link #1
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Cardcaptor Sakura - Clear Card Arc [CLAMP][Manga - Nakayoshi]


A new serialization in the same Nakayoshi magazine, and is a sequel that takes place after the Sakura Card arc.

I've read the 40+ pages chapter in Nakayoshi, perhaps a 4 line summary could serve as the synopsis.

Spoilers
Spoiler for synopsis based on chapter 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?


Actually, nothing really happened in the chapter except the ending part. We just get re-acquainted with some of the old characters.


There is a foreshadowing page that says:
Spoilers
Spoiler for foreshadowing page before the start
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 09:55   Link #2
Sagitta Luminis
Fallen Angel♥
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Israel
Age: 20
Spoiler:
__________________
Sagitta Luminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 10:31   Link #3
Sixth
Sixth Path
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Is she still a loli? This is the most important question for me.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 10:46   Link #4
Roxis
Company President
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
Spoiler:
I do recall Original Sakura had a cameo in Tsubasa, appeared in Tsubasa Sakura dream to gave she her wand,
though it's interesting to note the dream with that white magician seem oozes other worldly aura, let's wait and see if the this arc will lead to TC crossover.
Roxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 12:11   Link #5
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
I'm hoping that this will somehow link to the current xxxholic or TRC, but considering Sakura gave her wand in the previous installment of TRC..i guess this happened before them? Then again it could be alternate CCS Sakura that gave TRC Sakura(?) her wand.

Seems to me that the story is retelling of CCS 2nd movie but in manga setting version where Clow Reed separate himself to two and number of cards being much less than anime. I quite like the 2nd movie so I hope this will be good too
__________________
「何かが起こっても、わたくしが守ります」

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 12:52   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 31
minus Li Meiling.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 21:02   Link #7
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
Spoiler:
For the lord NO! I don't want that this Sakura mix with that Sakura
alex_drian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 22:42   Link #8
AstroNerdBoy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
minus Li Meiling.

She wasn't in the original manga either. CLAMP may not even have the rights to use her image since I don't think I've seen the character in one of the many other manga CLAMP has with crossover characters.

Which reminds me, how soon until we see characters from Gate 7, xxxHOliC, or Tsubasa?

My next question is, "How soon until this series goes on hiatus?" CLAMP is pretty notorious for that.
__________________
AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 23:13   Link #9
Roxis
Company President
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Anybody noticed?
Sakura had talk with Eriol used Smartphone
Supossedly the timeline in CCS should be around 96 because the manga released these years and the timeskip weren't that huge only span 1 or 1,5 year, were smartphone had exist back then

Sometime the pace of technology can scary me, if Sakura sequel were released on the era where VR technology has globally commercialized to public like smartphone today we might have VR instead smartphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
She wasn't in the original manga either. CLAMP may not even have the rights to use her image since I don't think I've seen the character in one of the many other manga CLAMP has with crossover characters.

Which reminds me, how soon until we see characters from Gate 7, xxxHOliC, or Tsubasa?

My next question is, "How soon until this series goes on hiatus?" CLAMP is pretty notorious for that.
I am most waiting for XXXHOLIC crossover with CCS, because i want to see the exchange words between Eriol and Watanuki also some Eriol thought regarding Yuko.
Roxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 23:58   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Anybody noticed?
Sakura had talk with Eriol used Smartphone
Supossedly the timeline in CCS should be around 96 because the manga released these years and the timeskip weren't that huge only span 1 or 1,5 year, were smartphone had exist back then
It's Garasu no Kamen syndrome once again where characters use post-2000 advanced gadgets even though the setting is obviously in the 70s/80s/90s. Detective Conan is also a prime example of this syndrome. Blame the mangakas for taking too long to finish their stories while real-world technologies are going faster then the characters' growth .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 23:59   Link #11
Flower
In harmony with the flow
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shall the flowers bloom atop the mountain?...
Well, I liked the first chapter fine enough ... for now am interested to see where the story will go.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 00:20   Link #12
Zoel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Worst part is waiting for august for the next issue.
__________________
Zoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 00:50   Link #13
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
I am most waiting for XXXHOLIC crossover with CCS, because i want to see the exchange words between Eriol and Watanuki also some Eriol thought regarding Yuko.
Pretty much this. Regardless on what happened to TRC and xxxHolic, I'm still waiting for Eriol and Yuko/Watanuki interaction Also IIRC CCS Clow Reed was the one who made Clow Kingdom in TRC too so it might be interesting if Eriol casually mentioned it in this manga.

Then again this series is about CCS so I don't mind if they keep it in this one world rather than going to several world like TRC.
__________________
「何かが起こっても、わたくしが守ります」

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 05:58   Link #14
Random14
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
If we get Eriol back and he starts going on about destiny or hitsuzen (or whatever xxxholic went on and on about), then its time to stop reading. Not that it'll matter, the series will probably go on hiatus after an event like that.

Tsubasa/xxxholic sure changed the reason for why Clow Reed wanted to split his magic. I hope this series doesn't reference that too much.

I remember way back when Tomoyo was already handing out cell phones to Sakura (and Syaoran) so that Tomoyo could rush over with costumes for Sakura at a moment's notice. I hope CCS stays light, so much of CLAMP's stuff in the last decade has been dark, depressing and way too convoluted.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 08:05   Link #15
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
wow, that was such a nice way to kick off this sequel

I can't even remember how many years it has been since I reached the final page of the original series where Sakura & Syaoran embrace each other upon their reunion.

All these years I keep wondering "If the final chapter had more pages, what would follow???"

ahhh, dem feel!!! I dunno know what to say anymore
__________________
Ultragunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 10:40   Link #16
Ladiusman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's Garasu no Kamen syndrome once again where characters use post-2000 advanced gadgets even though the setting is obviously in the 70s/80s/90s. Detective Conan is also a prime example of this syndrome. Blame the mangakas for taking too long to finish their stories while real-world technologies are going faster then the characters' growth .
Hey now, don't forget Kochikame, which is the real prime example, and is almost as old as Glass Mask. Over 40 years of serialisation, all the characters who haven't aged past a day, including the child characters, go from using old cellphones to smartphones and tablets. A recent chapter of Kochikame even had the main character playing around with one of those flying drones.

And man, Cardcaptor Sakura, I remember watching the chinese dub all those years ago...nostalgia really affecting me here. Nice to Syaoran and Sakura being all cute together.

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2016-06-04 at 11:09.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 11:07   Link #17
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Seeing all the characters back gave me high feel of nostalgia.

Glad to see teunion between Sakura and Syaoran. I also find it funny how Tomoyo still has her handy camera around and was there to see it.

Syaoran also appears to me as slightly more mature now.
Feels like a possible disturbance in the cards with the transparency? Well I look forward to see how this develops.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 11:20   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Hey now, don't forget Kochikame, which is the real prime example, and is almost as old as Glass Mask. Over 40 years of serialisation, all the characters who haven't aged past a day, including the child characters, go from using old cellphones to smartphones and tablets. A recent chapter of Kochikame even had the main character playing around with one of those flying drones.
You have a point, but I already consider Kochikame a gag manga in which the characters will never grow unless the plot required them to do so. Garasu no Kamen is one continuous story so the tech-whiplash sticks out like a sore thumb. Now, Detective Conan's case is more egregious coz it's supposed to be a series that emphasizes and makes a big deal out of logic and physics. You'd think that kind of series will be more logical and sensible compared to other mangas, but apparently not . Now it seems the new CCS will also have the same tech-whiplash.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 11:30   Link #19
Ladiusman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You have a point, but I already consider Kochikame a gag manga in which the characters will never grow unless the plot required them to do so. Garasu no Kamen is one continuous story so the tech-whiplash sticks out like a sore thumb. Now, Detective Conan's case is more egregious coz it's supposed to be a series that emphasizes and makes a big deal out of logic and physics. You'd think that kind of series will be more logical and sensible compared to other mangas, but apparently not . Now it seems the new CCS will also have the same tech-whiplash.
Yeah, just giving an example, no one really cares much for the leap in tech for gag series, because, well, it's comedy. Same way no one really cares that nobody ages in Sazae-san.

But yeah, it does stick for more serious series like Detective Conan and stuff.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 12:35   Link #20
Sixth
Sixth Path
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's Garasu no Kamen syndrome once again where characters use post-2000 advanced gadgets even though the setting is obviously in the 70s/80s/90s. Detective Conan is also a prime example of this syndrome. Blame the mangakas for taking too long to finish their stories while real-world technologies are going faster then the characters' growth .
If I not mistaken, Initial D is the only manga that stick on its own timeline. Their cars model were obsolete in our timeline but still formidable in the manga.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.