AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-27, 11:57   Link #21
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Did we play the same game? Xenoblade's story is anything but cookie cutter and it was tasteful in contrast to Xenosaga. Nintendo did a good job of doing QA for it.
You mean... two people experienced the same work but perceived it differently and formulated distinct views on it? Whoamg, who would have thought.

And personally tastefulness is not something I look for in art. Xenoblade was only "tasteful" in that it played it completely safe. As far as I'm concerned, all Nintendo did was dumb down Takahashi's vision, which is why I no longer expect anything meaningful from him as long as Monolith Soft is under their leash.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 18:40   Link #22
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
The problem with your argument is that Takahashi's vision was just the concept of the game's world. Takeda was responsible for the scenario, though he got input from everyone at Monolith Soft.

Nintendo didn't dumb down anything. They did QA, not direction. Read the Iwata Asks article if you want to know more.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 19:26   Link #23
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The problem with your argument is that Takahashi's vision was just the concept of the game's world. Takeda was responsible for the scenario, though he got input from everyone at Monolith Soft.
Well, good to know there's no problem with my argument then, since Takahashi and Takeda - alongside Yurie Hattori, in fact - were equally credited in the Scenario department. They wrote it together, only Takahashi also directed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Nintendo didn't dumb down anything. They did QA, not direction. Read the Iwata Asks article if you want to know more.
You do realize "dumbing down" is a subjective appraisal, right? There's no proving or disproving it - it's all in the eye of the beholder. I read every single one of those interviews and it's stated outright that Nintendo interfered with Takahashi's creative process, even if they weren't officially involved with the direction. It's pretty obvious to me they kept a short leash on him, which most likely contributed to the rudimentary storytelling the game ended up having (Takahashi himself admitted in other interviews the story of the game was an afterthought and simply designed to resemble your average shounen manga).

Now, I'm sure you disagree with that assessment, but I really don't care for debating the game's quality with you, so don't bother.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 05:12   Link #24
Sagi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
I can't wait until this game comes out. I'm a big fan of monolith soft since Tetsuya Takahashi was at Square and made Xenogears, I have played all of his games, but this game brings back memories the time when I played Xenogears specially the robots(gears).
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:02   Link #25
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108
Well, good to know there's no problem with my argument then, since Takahashi and Takeda - alongside Yurie Hattori, in fact - were equally credited in the Scenario department. They wrote it together, only Takahashi also directed.
That's a strange leap of logic you made, there. You argued that Takahashi had a vision and that it was dumbed down. I pointed out that he didn't have a vision and then you act as if that proves your point. It doesn't.
Quote:
I really don't care for debating the game's quality with you, so don't bother.
This reads like you putting your hands on your ears and screaming "lalala, I can't hear you!".
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 19:04   Link #26
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
That's a strange leap of logic you made, there. You argued that Takahashi had a vision and that it was dumbed down. I pointed out that he didn't have a vision and then you act as if that proves your point. It doesn't.
You have a weird perception of things. Here, I'll spell out what just transpired for you:

1. You said Takahashi couldn't have had a vision because he was only the director and not a writer.
2. I corrected you, pointing out he was indeed a writer, thus proving your assertion that he had no vision to be completely baseless.

See? Simple stuff, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
This reads like you putting your hands on your ears and screaming "lalala, I can't hear you!".
Lol. Next time you want me to bite try bringing something beyond trolling 101.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 11:42   Link #27
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
You said Takahashi couldn't have had a vision because he was only the director and not a writer.
No, I said he didn't have a vision. Full stop. He just had the concept of the world consisting of the two gods. That he helped write the story afterwards doesn't change this. He even admitted as such in multiple interviews.
Quote:
Lol. Next time you want me to bite try bringing something beyond trolling 101.
Except that I wasn't trolling, but pointing out how you were being childish.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 10:47   Link #28
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07


/DAT Sawano music
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 11:54   Link #29
Kirayuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Looks like the music is back on Guilty Crown level.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:54   Link #30
Folenfant
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Looks like the music is back on Guilty Crown level.
Not quite gundam unicorn level though at least from what I've heard.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 14:17   Link #31
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
/DAT Sawano music
Indeed.

I may have mentioned it before, but I really REALLY hope this more like an open world Xenogears than Xenoblade. XG had most interesting story, world and cast of Xeno games even if the gameplay wasn't necessary the best. I also hope the X's combat is a little more involved and better balanced (no ridiculous level strengths thanks) than XB too.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 15:06   Link #32
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
I can understand "more involved", but in what way was Xenoblade unbalanced?
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 15:14   Link #33
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I can understand "more involved", but in what way was Xenoblade unbalanced?
I'd imagine it's because the enemies that are 6+ levels higher than you makes you more prone in missing your attacks against them.
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:16   Link #34
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 31
Is X just a tentative title?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:30   Link #35
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I'd imagine it's because the enemies that are 6+ levels higher than you makes you more prone in missing your attacks against them.
Yep, and the enemies got silly multipliers to their stats too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Is X just a tentative title?
Yes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:33   Link #36
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 31
Is this game a 2014 game? Or did they not say?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:42   Link #37
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foxglove
Age: 30
That gear looks so much like Xenogears; so maybe this will be one of the Xenogears prequels (not xenosaga) but the ones where the humans first land on the Deus-planet?
__________________
I'm praying for a miracle
But I won't hold my breath
I never said I was perfect
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 02:51   Link #38
Sagi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
This games justifies my wii u purchase I hope Takahashi names this Game Xenodolls, kinda like how the robots in xenogears were called Gears.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 15:33   Link #39
SvenCalBayan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Age: 25
By the way, what is the name of that music the plays on that E3 2013 trailer ? It's beautiful and epic.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 15:49   Link #40
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I'd imagine it's because the enemies that are 6+ levels higher than you makes you more prone in missing your attacks against them.
I don't see the problem. It's not a balance issue, but part of the design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yep, and the enemies got silly multipliers to their stats too.
I didn't know this, though it sounds similar to how Reyn can get temporary buffs against stronger monsters.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.