AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 11:55   Link #1
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Mirror's Edge 2

After years of rumor, we finally have a trailer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

At this point all we know is that it'll be a prequel to Mirror's Edge, and will use the Frostbite 3 engine used by Battlefield 4. It looks quite beautiful though, so all I'm awaiting now is a definite release date

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:03   Link #2
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Oh a prequel? Okay then I can accept that the game looks exactly like the first game.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 04:51   Link #3
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Gametrailers: Mirror's Edge Reboot will be Open-World.

Open world eh? This is gonna be good

Also, looks like they're calling it a "reboot" now.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 07:44   Link #4
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Cool. I enjoyed the first a lot and even managed to complete my first play through without shooting anyone (which was pretty hard !) so I'll keep a keen eye on this.

Will be interesting to see how it plays in an open world.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 11:32   Link #5
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I don't know why various sites are calling it a reboot, there's a difference between that and an origin story. They should be using the term "prequel" because it's Faith's origin story.
Old 2013-06-13, 12:29   Link #6
Freeter
i see baka people

If it's open-world, then it better let me climb and traverse damn near anything. I want to spend hours doing parkour off of the main path.

Plus, they should add a quick switch between first and third-person. I would have enjoyed the first more if I had a better view of my surroundings.

I'm all for a reboot though, if it means ditching the 'eSurance'-style cutscenes. The whole presentation should be in real-time.

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 22:49   Link #7
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

The best thing I've found regarding the Still Alive remix, actual thing hasn't been released but this looping job does it some justice.

Old 2013-07-16, 01:16   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Whole. E. Shit.

EA hires Anita Sarkeesian for next Mirrors Edge

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/The...--235992.phtml
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 01:33   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I did not understand a damn thing in that rambling blog post.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 01:46   Link #10
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
That article was riddled with more grammar errors than a bad Youtube comment. It feels like a 4 year old wrote it.
Old 2013-07-16, 09:38   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Doesn't matter one lick of a damn, Anita just doomed Mirriors Edge 2... well EA did, but anyone supporting her dooms them selfs and any product.

Enjoy the 1,000 sales from idiotic feminists EA.
Old 2013-07-16, 09:57   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Its even worse than that- if it succeed that means more games would have her 'input', if it fails that just gives her more fodder for her 'cause'.

Either way nothing good would come out of it.
Old 2013-07-16, 10:37   Link #13
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Its even worse than that- if it succeed that means more games would have her 'input', if it fails that just gives her more fodder for her 'cause'.

Either way nothing good would come out of it.
How? If it fails, it will prove there isn't a million female gamer in the hiding in the woodworks ready to come out their closet and buy to support a girl.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:04   Link #14
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
How? If it fails, it will prove there isn't a million female gamer in the hiding in the woodworks ready to come out their closet and buy to support a girl.
Her cause that the gaming industry cannot accept her "gender equality" and that there needs to be fundamental change if it wants to make any kind of future growth into a wider consumer market. A cause that, when taking into account the wider business implications and consumer segmentations in the industry, is horribly narrow-minded.

Welp, this news just killed the hype immensely. I'm not sure I even want to get the game if EA really is forcing her inputs onto DICE. To think I've been pining for a sequel for this long.
com_gwp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 13:57   Link #15
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I wouldn't be surprised if she just gets lost in the development cycle. Maybe she'll learn a thing or two about how hard it is making a game.

edit: Decided to watch some of her youtube vids, she doesn't seem like a completely insane foaming at the mouth psycho actually. She brings up some good points. I don't agree with her on everything, but I don't think she'll be as large a detriment as everyone seems to be reacting as. Mirror's Edge might've needed a stronger plot but from the points she's made on her "Damsel in Distress" vids, I think she could even bring something constructive to the table.

Spoiler for Said video:

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2013-07-16 at 15:57.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 16:42   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Have you seen how she reacts to anyone criticizing her work? If this game fails she'll spin-doctor the shit out of this about how the male gamers and the entire industry as a whole are oppressive against women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
edit: Decided to watch some of her youtube vids, she doesn't seem like a completely insane foaming at the mouth psycho actually. She brings up some good points. I don't agree with her on everything, but I don't think she'll be as large a detriment as everyone seems to be reacting as. Mirror's Edge might've needed a stronger plot but from the points she's made on her "Damsel in Distress" vids, I think she could even bring something constructive to the table.
It's not what she does in her video, it's what she does outside of her video that everyone has a problem with- both male and female gamers.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-07-16 at 16:58.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:49   Link #17
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

One thing that was a bit jarring was her jumping all over history looking for these games, that and disallowing comments on all the vids - my biggest hint that something is terribly wrong with this. I just don't know enough on the subject I guess, but it certainly doesn't seem as big a problem as she makes it out to be. I already don't trust EA, I just hope THIS game doesn't suffer.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:57   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Mah, going anymore into this would derail the thread so I'll leave it as that, plus there are tons of videos out there that have put out strong arguments against her view so you can check those out... Just, probably not the trolling ones.

Quote:
I already don't trust EA, I just hope THIS game doesn't suffer.

Erm yeah.... About that...

Old 2013-07-16, 17:24   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if she just gets lost in the development cycle. Maybe she'll learn a thing or two about how hard it is making a game.

Spoiler for Said video:
You need to watch Thunderf00t's videos about it, he explains better why her videos are bad.

and she'd bring nothing but radical feminism to mirriors edge.
Old 2013-07-16, 19:57   Link #20
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Uh... who is this woman?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote