AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-12, 00:23   Link #261
RobotCat
In a Box
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere on the west coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
okay what is a guardian is it like a Warrior of RPG classes I only know warrior mage and Rogue


I agree with Naotsugu about the two type of perverts But I do not agree on it only applies to men, women also can be open pervert or not open pervert

all the anime fans that Complain about Ecchi and fanservice are not open pervert
Guardian is usually a defensive warrior, ie Paladin in WoW, Crusader in Ragnarok, Templar in Aion etc. They are usually the main tanks, and have skills that reduce damage of their party members.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 00:30   Link #262
Puu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Guardian is usually a defensive warrior, ie Paladin in WoW, Crusader in Ragnarok, Templar in Aion etc. They are usually the main tanks, and have skills that reduce damage of their party members.
In Guild Wars 2, Guardians can become defensive healers or tanks or sort of a squishier version of Warriors! (then again, in that game, all classes can heal on their own....)
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 01:11   Link #263
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Guardian here are define if they use shield for pure tank with 1 hand sword or 2-handed weapon for massive damage. Look at the OP with some characters that has huge ass sword or massive axe. They are guardian.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 01:33   Link #264
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Mage main character in an MMO-inspired anime series? Count me in!

Although how mid lvl mobs are even a threat to max lvl PCs is certainly beyond my experiences in MMOs. Demon/Dark Souls this aint, or at least it isn't supposed to be from what I gather of it.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 04:46   Link #265
anime fan99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Guardian is usually a defensive warrior, ie Paladin in WoW, Crusader in Ragnarok, Templar in Aion etc. They are usually the main tanks, and have skills that reduce damage of their party members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
In Guild Wars 2, Guardians can become defensive healers or tanks or sort of a squishier version of Warriors! (then again, in that game, all classes can heal on their own....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Guardian here are define if they use shield for pure tank with 1 hand sword or 2-handed weapon for massive damage. Look at the OP with some characters that has huge ass sword or massive axe. They are guardian.
Can you use a BioWare game as a example
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 07:42   Link #266
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Well, at least the players don't have to fear much in the game.
It would just be too easy and too safe that way.
I'm thinking there must be some catch to it all.
Guess it was about time players started to turn on each other..
Saw pretty much the same thing in SAO.
I like this anime. It's really fun at times.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 08:39   Link #267
eduard3
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I don't think those mid level monsters are actually a threat to them. It's more of the fact that they're experiencing it like it's real life and remember that they're still practicing. Most of their attacks show to almost one hit everything anyway. It's more of their own mental fear that those attacks are going to hurt (Hell, those things do look like they'll hurt if they bite you =_= xD)
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:03   Link #268
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Ep 2

A bit too wordy episode, although I understand why they did it.
The "censorship" method they chose is kinda diluting some things.

Spoiler for episode 2:


Basically all the dark tones were avoided all together.
It's understandable why it was done, but it does take away some of the edge and desperation from it.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-12 at 09:14.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:21   Link #269
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
I just watched ep2 and it was pretty good really.

Not to start a LH vs SAO but so far this feels like a real MMO compared to SAO with actual classes doing their jobs and mounts.
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls's souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:36   Link #270
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
The fight was really wordy, but it really comes down to

General Discussion (384 viewing)
OMFG NERF CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- started by Banditpker
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 10:04   Link #271
Vocah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Ep 2

A bit too wordy episode, although I understand why they did it.
The "censorship" method they chose is kinda diluting some things.

Basically all the dark tones were avoided all together.
It's understandable why it was done, but it does take away some of the edge and desperation from it.
I have to say that the anime sounds way better than the bloody mess that happens in the novel. Novel sounds more like stuck in a fantasy world than stuck in a MMORPG, so the anime making it more gamelike is a big fat plus in my eyes
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 10:07   Link #272
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I have to say that the anime sounds way better than the bloody mess that happens in the novel. Novel sounds more like stuck in a fantasy world than stuck in a MMORPG, so the anime making it more gamelike is a big fat plus in my eyes
It's inconsistency will probably come back to bite the anime in the butt later on though.
Especially the slain bodies disappearing like video games part.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 10:42   Link #273
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Someone translated all the subclasses.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uTIg4N2.jpg

Dairy Farmer? Cleaner? Okay those are some of the weird subclasses but......

WHAT THE **** is a "Rose Garden Princess" suppose to be?!
__________________

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-10-13 at 13:23.
Eijigawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 10:43   Link #274
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
There's a LOT more sub classes than what's shown there.

Like, 50+
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:04   Link #275
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
It looks like some of those are pure roleplaying classes. They look more like what D&D would call NPC classes. I can't imagine how "accountant" or "dairy farmer" would provide useful skills to a player. They're the sort of classes you take because you want to really roleplay living in a fantasy world.

It's hard to be a hardcore roleplayer in MMOs, from my limited experience, since you tend to get "lol noob" reactions from most people you encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler for episode 2:
There's an aspect I hadn't considered, and I suppose I should have. SAO (yes, comparisons again, sorry) had prevention mechanics for that sort of thing, but that's because it was designed as a virtual reality, so they'd actually considered the possibility of someone doing such a thing. This was a keyboard and mouse MMO until now, so there was no reason to create safeguards against that kind of behavior, because it wasn't possible in the first place.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:15   Link #276
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Yeah, you're spot-on on the "wasn't intended because it would never come up in a game" issue.
And you're double right about the role play sub classes. There's a lot of "useless" sub classes people can take up just for fun.

The foundation class systems are very EQ, while the battle system are very WoW, and the role playing elements are very UO.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-12 at 11:26.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:55   Link #277
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It looks like some of those are pure roleplaying classes. They look more like what D&D would call NPC classes. I can't imagine how "accountant" or "dairy farmer" would provide useful skills to a player. They're the sort of classes you take because you want to really roleplay living in a fantasy world.

It's hard to be a hardcore roleplayer in MMOs, from my limited experience, since you tend to get "lol noob" reactions from most people you encounter.
True, especially when one might to give up on tried-and-proven cookiecutter builds that don't fit well the RP subject =w=

Quote:
There's an aspect I hadn't considered, and I suppose I should have. SAO (yes, comparisons again, sorry) had prevention mechanics for that sort of thing, but that's because it was designed as a virtual reality, so they'd actually considered the possibility of someone doing such a thing. This was a keyboard and mouse MMO until now, so there was no reason to create safeguards against that kind of behavior, because it wasn't possible in the first place.
The reason why this happens in LogHora is really because back in the old days, the GMs and publishers were around to (more or less) police the servers. No longer so in the new world.





For those interested, sub-jobs are classified under three general categories:

1) Craftsman types: Basically sub-jobs that allows one to craft items. Examples are Blacksmith, Carpenter, Scribe, Brewmaster, etc.

2) Role-play types: As the name suggests. Examples are Housemaid, Dancer, Apprentice, etc.

3) Special types: These sub-jobs are available only after fulfilling conditions. One example would be Sword Savant/Kensei.

Unlike main jobs, sub-jobs can be switched whenever the player desires and are usually easier to level too.

Spoiler for On the usefulness of the sub-jobs:



Also, the main job emblems for anyone interested =3: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=35338053
Spoiler for Emblems:
__________________

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2013-10-12 at 12:48.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:08   Link #278
Quol
That Guy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Road of Life
This episode was a really great episode in my opinion, the only problem with it for me would be how they over dramatized PKing.

Also akatsuki has turned into my favorite now lol
__________________
Mondaiji-Taichi
"I'm - just as the appearance suggests - uncivilized and savage, Sakamaki Izayoi. Vulgar, Brutal, and Hedonistic, all that I need to be a hopeless person,
so please follow the Rules of Use and Dosage Guidelines, when interacting with me."

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:20   Link #279
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Yea from what I've seen this is going to be a bit more lighter and softer then it's novel counterpart. Not necessarily a bad thing because after all it's airing in the middle of the day on a kids network.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:20   Link #280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
OK, so I see why the badass adventurers are a better choice to go than the guild leaders. But why not borrow a healer? No room on the gryphons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
This episode was a really great episode in my opinion, the only problem with it for me would be how they over dramatized PKing.
Yeah, I don't know why they showed any mercy to the PKers. Why not just kill them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Dairy Farmer? Cleaner? Okay those are some of the weird subclasses but......

WHAT THE **** is a "Rose Garden Princess" suppose to be?!
A Lillian Girl School student, I guess. With a skill to tie other girls' scarves.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, nyanderful, science fiction, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.