AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars Rating
Perfect 10 5 22.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 13.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 18.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-20, 10:37   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars - OVA Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
---

Should be out tomorrow in gundam channel

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 03:07   Link #2
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Just to let everyone know, Gundaminfo's YouTube channel will be offering Island Wars with English subtitles as a stream today, Aug 21, starting at 5 AM EST. I don't know how long it'll be available, but it's mentioned as being for a limited time only, so watch it ASAP if you're going to.
Old 2016-08-21, 04:23   Link #3
Skaddix

Well first I am not sure why Nils calls up this assortment for a test instead of I don't know the Meijins. They are still on the company payroll or any of his adult buddies. Instead of minors.

Second, raise your hand if you didn't see that reveal at the end. Coming from a mile away. Now it did suggest something about the passage of time. And it means the plot might finally being moving somewhere I want to see. But sheesh so obvious.

Fights were good.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 04:38   Link #4
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

This should have been a full movie, because it was definitely rushed. I just wish they hadn't gone that route. I didn't want the previous series' protagonists anywhere near this one in any way, shape, or form. Seriously, use GBF's OVA for that, not this one.

Also, Skaddix? There is no way in hell you watched a 36 minute video in at best 23 minutes without skipping through at least 1/3 of it.
Old 2016-08-21, 04:50   Link #5
Skaddix

Indeed your point is what? I basically skipped until they got the island. Unless it was exposition from the science team, Nils or the girl.
Old 2016-08-21, 04:53   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just watched it in full. It's practically a glorified beach episode, not a movie where a super-important plot happened, but it was still so much fun nonetheless. Again, do not expect Movie or OVA visual and story quality (like 0083, 08th MS Team, or Unicorn). Island Wars is even simpler than Stargazer OVA. Treat this one like Gunpla Builders Beginning OVA (as it should be) and you won't be disappointed.

Also, the joke that got me the most is the Doraemon joke they used on the Kawaii Gunpla before pulling Mace-chan from her pocket!! That was hilarious! Those who wanted IBO cameo must content with that (for now).

There's more I want to say but it's no fun spoiling. Most people need to watch it themselves.
Old 2016-08-21, 04:55   Link #7
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

That golden light, also that design, we go Gaogaigar now; what's next? Gurren Lagann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
This should have been a full movie, because it was definitely rushed. I just wish they hadn't gone that route. I didn't want the previous series' protagonists anywhere near this one in any way, shape, or form. Seriously, use GBF's OVA for that, not this one.

Also, Skaddix? There is no way in hell you watched a 36 minute video in at best 23 minutes without skipping through at least 1/3 of it.
I agree, its good but it should have been a full movie while somehow the end feels off because of 'that' at the end. Not because I prefer Try over previous ones, but its done in 'wrong place, wrong times'.
Old 2016-08-21, 05:06   Link #8
Random14

That was funny, works as a bonus episode, though I still miss the series.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Though honestly a lot of the episode was a rehash. I would say they were using stock footage except I think most of them were using newer suits than during the regular season (aside from Fumina). Lots of posing, big blasts, etc, most of it against random mooks.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 05:07   Link #9
Skaddix

Well previous series character is the only thing that made this relevant. Otherwise as noted its a Beach Episode.
Old 2016-08-21, 05:11   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Well previous series character is the only thing that made this relevant. Otherwise as noted its a Beach Episode.
And it was advertised as such, so......no problem there .
Old 2016-08-21, 05:17   Link #11
Skaddix

Didn't say they did false advertisement. Just saying only old series character advanced the plot
Old 2016-08-21, 05:20   Link #12
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Aila looks great! Wow.

That being said, it would have been better if they make a GBF OVA if they want to tell a story about the GBF cast. It honestly felt like the whole "movie" was building up to that ending. I mean, you could have the Sei, the Meijins, and the rest of the GBF crew in there and the overall story wouldnt feel that much different.

Great fights though some felt a bit rushed (but that is a given with only 30+ mins of runtime).
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 05:33   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Didn't say they did false advertisement. Just saying only old series character advanced the plot
Not really. It’s the new girl who drives the plot of this episode and she’s a new character . Other than that, this episode is riding on Nils’ new creation as the plot foundation which is normal given his professor/inventor role/archetype he played in GBFT. It’s still Sekai and co who solve the problem with the Plavsky anomaly as well as with the new girl's wanting Gunpla of her own. In other words, in a normal series, this episode would've been a filler (old GBF characters or not) which is good for a beach episode.
Old 2016-08-21, 05:37   Link #14
B214

Summary of the OVA:

1. Return of Super Fumina.
2. Gunpla goes full magic.
3. Reiji and Aila's daughter.

I have to admit Aila looks very beautiful as an adult. Too bad Sei wasn't around, i wanted to see his reaction to Reiji's daughter.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 05:43   Link #15
xeviouses

Welp, I was right, a rehash of the GBF finale. It felt rushed though, would have been better as multi-episode OVA or a movie.

But still, Reiji and Alia's daughter.. trying to recreate her old man's way of making gunpla friends.
Old 2016-08-21, 06:07   Link #16
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
But still, Reiji and Alia's daughter.. trying to recreate her old man's way of making gunpla friends.
If Sei has a kid too now.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 06:10   Link #17
Skye629

I posted in the other thread before I noticed this one, owell (since I remember the mod saying that there was no point in making a new one in the past, whatever)

That ending everyone saw coming from a mile away yet it was still so satisfying to see haha, that alone made the show for me

Fun episode
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 06:13   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

One of the funniest comments I read on the episode's comment section:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Vitorio Scultor
Holy JoJo. Kamiki Burning Gundam has a Stand?!

I bet the JoJo homage was intentional by the animators .
Old 2016-08-21, 06:17   Link #19
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Spoiler for Flow of time:
Old 2016-08-21, 06:19   Link #20
Skye629

It also just occurred to me they are releasing more model kits that were not even shown in the OVA, such as the Transient Glacier, wonder what else they have up the pipe since I did not see any other kit they might be making aside from the combo machine at the end?

And the Strider for Lightning is much more impressive than I gave it credit for, though I will always stand by the fact that the color scheme matching is terribad
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote