AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 13:23   Link #21
OPN

4C would be...a interesting choice. Their animation on the berserk movies are weird to say the least but DMC had nice animation for what little there was. WB being the production company is also a odd choice given that their also funding the LB anime but then again they also were the production company for both ryo ku bu and kami memo cho in the same season so im sure they can give both jojo and LB a good budget. Guess we'll have to wait and see
Old 2012-07-19, 19:01   Link #22
ElCachicamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
"Experience" with longer series isn't really a big deal though. BONES never worked on a long series before Fullmetal Alchemist, Satelight and A-1 never worked on a long series before Fairy Tail. If a studio has never done a certain type of production (movie, long series, OVA, etc) it just means that they haven't secured a contract which requires them to make something like that yet. If they get the chance to, they probably won't turn it down because ultimately work is work.

Let's not forget that Studio 4C was also contracted for the new Thundercats series. We don't know if Cartoon Network is going to renew it yet, but clearly Studio 4C is prepared to keep working on it if it does get renewed. So they're certainly open to the idea of doing on-going TV shows if they get the chance.
And we know how bad it was, Studio 4 C is not a really good studio for a long animated series because they don't have enough talent there right now. They dropped the ball with Thundercats, the Street Fighter IV OVA, and Berserk. Bones always had good animators and they animated a lot of shows of 26 episodes before FMA, Studio 4 C lacks human resources, even Koji Morimoto is not there anymore.
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:35   Link #23
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
... the name of all the characters and Stands which were based directly on copyrighted artists and songs.
That's something that I've wondered ever since I started reading Jojo; I don't know about copyright laws, but couldn't that be advertisement of a sort?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:55   Link #24
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
That's something that I've wondered ever since I started reading Jojo; I don't know about copyright laws, but couldn't that be advertisement of a sort?
Most copyright owners don't think that way though.

If you're in any way utilising their copyrighted ownership, most of the time, money talks. If it's not tangible, they're not going to be charitable.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:31   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Most copyright owners don't think that way though.

If you're in any way utilising their copyrighted ownership, most of the time, money talks. If it's not tangible, they're not going to be charitable.
So true. Those bands are going to have their hands out for the money for every song title and band name used.
Old 2012-07-23, 13:00   Link #26
Jetzero Infinity

On the note of the music copyright stuff I do know that Viz's manga release was able to keep most of the references in tact (couple of attack names based of songs got alterted a bit though) so it's possible it may not be as bad as we think.

But yeah really hope we get the studio and staff info soon
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:28   Link #27
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Promo video: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/
Old 2012-07-31, 03:00   Link #28
leokiko

^Wasn't that promo on the live video? I remember having watched it already.

EDIT: More info on August 18th.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 04:55   Link #29
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Hey if thats how the animation going to be (during Jonathan's sunlight yellow overdrive), then i don't have any problem with it. Looks completely ok and cool...

But then 18th August will be the date to wait!! They better insert more PVs and information on this awesome project
Old 2012-07-31, 06:49   Link #30
Jetzero Infinity

Yep that;s the same PV as before, but it was a bit cleaner this time. The animation for Sunlight Yellow Overdrive looks good but given how dark the first arc is I'm hoping it won't look as colorful as that the entire time.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:56   Link #31
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

aren't JoJos supposed to be colourful?

like how the MCs change their styles or cloth colours sometimes
Old 2012-07-31, 07:06   Link #32
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
aren't JoJos supposed to be colourful?

like how the MCs change their styles or cloth colours sometimes
Well your kinda right about that but my point was that the atmosphere for Phantom Blood is kinda dark and it's pretty violent (it'll probably be toned down quite a bit for sure, though I'm not don;t how much) so having it look bright and shiny would be kind of offputting.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:29   Link #33
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Jojo only REALLY becomes shiny (and FABULOUS) post-Act 3. Okay, young Jonathan sure dressed like he didn't live in the 30s and early 40s, but everyone else mostly did.
Old 2012-08-16, 08:31   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Jojo TV starts in October and will air on MBS, CBC, Tokyo MX, and various other networks.

Cast:
Jonathan: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Dio: Takehito Koyasu
Zeppelin: Yoku Shioya
Speedwagon: Youji Ueda
Erina: Ayako Kawasumi

Staff:
Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Kenichi Suzuki
Visual Director: Yasufumi Soejima
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Takako Shimizu
Sub-character Design/Prop Design: Shinichi Machida
Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
Music: Hayato Matsuo
Animation Production: David Production

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:48   Link #35
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

You know, I expected Koyasu. For Kars, not for Dio, a nice surprise to say the least. I am cautious about whether David Production can pull JoJo, even knowing their track record.
Old 2012-08-16, 08:59   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Dio: Takehito Koyasu
Yes! Yes! Yes! I couldn't be happier with this choice.

David Production, eh? Somehow I had a feeling it would be a relatively new studio like that. Ben-to had some well-animated fighting scenes, so this could be good.
Old 2012-08-16, 09:01   Link #37
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

david production?

well at least they did a good job in Bento battle choreographic
Old 2012-08-16, 12:19   Link #38
Jetzero Infinity

Interesting staff...neither director seems to have done much so I;m kinda curious as to how it'll turn out on that end. Also not that familar with David productions since they only work of their's I;ve seen is Level E which they co-produced with Pierrot.

My biggest question though would be the episode count. Since MBS seems to be the main broadcaster I;m guessing it;s a late night anime but that seems a bit weird if the eventual goal is to animate everything up to part 8. Guess we'll see how it goes.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:07   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've seen a lot of "David Production - prepare for disappointment" type sentiment today, and I'm a bit puzzled. I think the overall quality of their work has been pretty good.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:58   Link #40
leokiko

Their productions have been pretty decent(and ocasionally, awesome i.e Level E) but they've never done such a long production like Jojo. I'm only assuming that, of course, but it seems likely if they are going to adapt all parts.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manly, shounen