AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 00:54   Link #181
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

This is def very different from past Eushully games where I am given quite a few choices already... used to the "yes/no" choices in past 2 games to decide which route to go into lol.

A bit afraid to be too aggressive since I am playing on hard mode.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:49   Link #182
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ain't no diplomacy like Dir=Lyfna diplomacy!

That is, to say, kill them all and leave no survivors.

So I take it the choices you're offered are different this time around, but in what regards?
Old 2013-04-26, 02:06   Link #183
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Choices like, who to contact, first, or like the last one I got, small nation asking for help in which I decided to offer and war began with another nation (all for a loli who I don't know if I am gonna get down the road).

Honestly I have no clue what I am doing -_-
Old 2013-04-26, 02:12   Link #184
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Wow. Sounds reminiscent of old-school titles like Meishoku no Reiki, where clusterfucks were abundant (except you control a dragon-empowered former human in that one).

From the sounds of it, this party's gettin' crazy.
Old 2013-04-26, 02:25   Link #185
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

like... I think I just got asked a question in which my answer might spark a civil war... sigh... I am so fucked if I get surrounded by enemies from all sides
Old 2013-04-26, 02:27   Link #186
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

That's probably gonna be the key for the whole Lawful/Chaotic thing. Instigate a civil war - Chaotic, take it like a doormat - Lawful, most likely. This game probably adds up all your Lawful/Chaotic decisions before sending you down one path.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-04-26 at 02:38.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:44   Link #187
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
For me personally it looks like Eushully screwed up. The whole promise of improving the gameplay seems like was empty because gameplay looks even worse than before, because now units get stuck attacking random objects and cannot listen to your move commands. Moving archers around is a true torture. Such a fucked up battle system and from a company whose main strength was gameplay in the past.

Sengoku Rance rival - my ass. It cant even compare to most of other Eushully titles gameplay wise. They should have made it a turn based system because they are awfully incompetent dealing with real time as it seems.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 05:07   Link #188
styr

Honestly I had doubts about the game from the videos I've seen on youtube, where the gameplay looked terrible and the fighting was slow. During battle there was a constant 'yelling' sound from your warriors or something...

Kind of a shame really, like Darknemo said. Eushully was really only good for their gameplay elements (their VN writing was iffy at best and romance? bleh!); it looks like they really dropped the ball in this game..
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 05:31   Link #189
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Gameplay fucking up was no surprise, considering the time frame they had from demo feedback to release date.

Sweeping generalizations, however, are always hilarious.
Old 2013-04-26, 05:40   Link #190
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Gameplay fucking up was no surprise, considering the time frame they had from demo feedback to release date.

Sweeping generalizations, however, are always hilarious.
No, in a way gameplay fucking up at this level was hard to expect. Because demo was criticized a lot and one would think that they would improve it at least somehow, but instead they actually managed to make it worse.

Sometimes battles get stupid in this one. Like: oh look, enemy force approach from left flank, but this empty house nearby looks even more threatening - lets attack the empty house while enemies attack us! So ingenius.
Old 2013-04-26, 05:44   Link #191
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Now THAT sounds hilarious.

Maybe they'll fix it in future patches, or something of the sort? I have no idea.

Sounds like I'm going to love taking the piss out of this one. Tree Fights alone were hilarious enough from the demo. BERGWERK MACHT FREI
Old 2013-04-26, 09:52   Link #192
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

In my game enemies don't kill houses or trees, they go straight for the barricades, wall, then your deployment tower.

Gonna need to wait for a guide to judge the game as a whole: I wonder if all these choices offer each lead to something a little different. If that is the case then the degree of diplomatic freedom might make up for the somewhat simplistic battles.

What I hate the most if when two units lock onto each other in battle, making it difficult to make out the HP bars.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:04   Link #193
Key Board
Donut

this amount of branching paths in this game is overwhelming
Old 2013-04-26, 10:17   Link #194
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I presume everyone who can play is via their own language capabilities and not a Chinese/English Patch right?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:21   Link #195
Key Board
Donut

correct, the game was just very recently released

but really.. it's overwhelming

reminds me of of an Alicesoft strategy game. There's quite a lot of scripted events which you are not sure what the effects are.

I just hope it's not like Sengoku Rance where I suddenly find myself rushed by the Demon Army
Old 2013-04-26, 10:43   Link #196
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

I pretty much figured something like this would happen. It isn't for the faint of heart. ORZ. Give it a week or two. Someone somewhere would've of probably figured out how to break something. It happens. It always does. You have people who play the game to play game. And people who play the game for gratification of CG. I wonder how far the CG guy's have gone. Usually it takes them a day before they release save data. I'm pretty sure someones going to release a trainer at this rate. Or hack the hell out of it. Anyone who can read moonrunes should probably stalk 2ch i'm pretty sure the thread there is going apeshit. Or one of the many chinese forums out there.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:45   Link #197
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think I am fucked. I am at war with the guys down south and their defending army is in the lv20s while my guys are just lv10.

(gonna reload earlier save and see how other options go... sigh)

// LOL, ignoring the ceasefire makes things a lot worse.... back to original save... I don't even know where to attack to make my guys stronger.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-04-26 at 11:51.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:58   Link #198
Darknemo2000

Well now I feel stupid as it Turns out that you can customize your squads so that they ignore certain objects instead of attacking them. Settings for attacking are in the bottom right corner of squad info first page first tab. X - ignore, O - stop and attack until destroyed.

First row from left to right
City Gate / Bridge / Fences

2nd row
City Walls / Spawn Point / Nature (trees and rocks etc)

3rd row
Magic Barriers / Facilities (buildings) / Other
Old 2013-04-26, 11:14   Link #199
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

I wonder if I'll I get a macros lesson again.... I remember someone trying to teach me how to macros in rance...
Old 2013-04-26, 11:36   Link #200
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I think I am fucked. I am at war with the guys down south and their defending army is in the lv20s while my guys are just lv10.

(gonna reload earlier save and see how other options go... sigh)
Yeah I myself started on hard but then went back to normal. Even normal is pretty damn hard.

Theres interesting thing is that you can recruit a prostitute who start at lvl 10. Weiss was at level 6 back then. Seems like whoring yourself out gets more battle experience than fighting in battles.

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg