AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-05, 04:31   Link #241
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Code Geass [Yea, all the hypes about Season 2 and some smart guy, I hate it all.]

Death Note [Not interested, anything mainstream I AVOID.]

Cowboy Bebop [It may be good, but not my type.]

Neon Genesis Evangelion [The same thing goes for this anime.]

Gundam [Anyone noticed I hate mecha?]

One Piece [The animation is.. argh.]

D-gray man [Yea yea yea, nah, no time for more than 50 episodes.]

Monster [Too many people mentioned this, annoying.]

Claymore [All the hypes, I am straying away from this series.]
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 04:59   Link #242
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirbelwind8 View Post
But they were crap because they were shows everyone knows about them via Cartoon Network .
I didn't think DBZ is crap because everyone knows about it, I disliked it because it eventually decayed into a monotonous series with a paper thin plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirbelwind8 View Post
Whats sad is that in order to know about the constant repetition in DBZ, you would have to watch at least 100 episodes (so it must be good enough to watch that much eh?)
I was amazed by DBZ up to the Freeza saga (that's around 60+ episodes). After that I just wanted to see how things would end, but the series dragged on and I began to lose interest. Finally dropped it halfway the Boo saga (that's another 60+ more episodes). 100+ episodes is enough.

Liked the first parts, so I wanted to see how it would end. That's just what kept me watching the series for that long.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-02-05 at 05:48.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 06:15   Link #243
Slice of Life
eyewitness
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
What are the anime "everyone seems to like" anyway? Let's ask a few websites. Red is the really annoying stuff

animenfo Top 10:
  1. Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist
  3. Full Moon wo Sagashite (?)
  4. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (!)
  5. Elfen Lied
  6. Cowboy Bebop
  7. Hikaru no Go (??)
  8. Berserk
  9. One Piece
  10. Gundam SEED(!)
I strongly dislike soap melodramas like KGNE. Haven't seen Full Moon wo Sagashite, but it's a melodrama too AFAIK so I probably wouldn't like that too. I didn't like Gundam SEED, nor any Gundam if ever peeked into. Haven't seen Hikaru no Go, but sports anime and related stuff almost always bore me to death, although "hate" might be too strong a word.

anidb, best rating:
  1. Nodame Cantabile (??)
  2. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
  3. Dennou Coil
  4. Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
  5. Seirei no Moribito
  6. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (!)
  7. Death Note
  8. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
  9. Nana
  10. Mushishi
Nodame Cantabile belongs to "related stuff" in "sports anime and related stuff". Watched part of it couldn't relate to people who equate life with music. Again, hate is too strong a word here. TTGL on the other hand is a string of mindless, senseless fanservice of one kind of the other, the type of stuff that put Gainax near the bottom of the list of respected studios in my book.

ANN Top 10 Best Rated (bayesian estimate):
  1. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
  2. Death Note
  3. Cowboy Bebop
  4. Spirited Away
  5. Mushi-Shi
  6. The Girl Who Leapt through Time
  7. Princess Mononoke
  8. Monster
  9. Fullmetal Alchemist
  10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Nothing really to complain.
__________________
- Any ideas how to fill this space?
Slice of Life is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 06:21   Link #244
Oppius
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 29
School Days!

The winner of "Worst Anime Everybody Watched of 2007 Award"!
I bet most people only watched the last episode of it.
Oppius is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 08:44   Link #245
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Thumbs down

Right now I really have come to dislike The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...don't ask me why, I just can't stand that crazy-"I am god and behave like an asshole"-girl any more, as well es "Mr. Haruhi's Slave-dog" Kyon, "Mr. Grinning Perfect" Koizumi, "Mrs. Another emotionless computer girl, how imaginative" Yuki and "Mrs. Fanservice Crybaby Victim" Mikuru. Sorry fans...
Khaos is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 10:07   Link #246
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Although I don't agree with you Khaos, I <3 your description of the characters.

"Mrs. Another emotionless computer girl, how imaginative" lawl
Meiaminkbell is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 10:12   Link #247
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Right now I really have come to dislike The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...don't ask me why, I just can't stand that crazy-"I am god and behave like an asshole"-girl any more, as well es "Mr. Haruhi's Slave-dog" Kyon, "Mr. Grinning Perfect" Koizumi, "Mrs. Another emotionless computer girl, how imaginative" Yuki and "Mrs. Fanservice Crybaby Victim" Mikuru. Sorry fans...
you could raise hell by quoting this in the haruhi thread.


but yeah, that anime is seriously overhyped. haruhism? give me a break.
Supah Em is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 10:20   Link #248
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'll never understand how Higurashi Ni Kai was so successful among the internet fanbase. It certainly lost every single ounce of the appeal the first season had (no bloody murders, no spooky stories, Oyashiro-sama turned into a moeblob loli, too much polidrama and conspiracies). I haven't played the games, but if THAT's how the games are, I don't think I'll be playing them anytime soon.

Quote:
I have a definite candidate here - Eureka 7. I kept hearing nothing but good references about the show and kept seeing it being praised to high heavens for being made of nothing but awesome and so forth. So i finally sat down to watch it ... and god, was i disappointed. I watched 9 episodes before dropping it, and it was like a weight lifted from my shoulders.

It had cliche sprayed all over it, absolutely unappealing set of characters that you are meant to rather dislike and feel miserable for instead of being remotely likable (With the exception of Eureka maybe) and the story didn't seem to be going anywhere meaningful anytime soon. Having mecha that fly on surfboards and transform in to oversized "cars" does not exactly add bonus points on my side. I simply couldn't stand more than 9 episodes of this thing. I have a number of mecha shows i hold in high regard, but Eureka 7 is certainly not one of them. Call me blind, but i certainly didn't see anything great in the show ... heck, i didn't see anything good in the show either.
Sadly, Eureka Seven is a show you have to take in its entireness. The beauty of the show resides in the entire run itself, and I agree, the first episodes are slow, clichéd and not very appealing... but, in the end, I loved this series. And I don't even like mecha.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 10:36   Link #249
Pyroman
The master of fudge!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dordrecht, Holland.
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Pyroman Send a message via Skype™ to Pyroman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
I agree, by doing these changes one might hear good things about
an anime one would not give a chance in the first place.
With the thread as it is we will only hear about anime like, cowboy bebop
evangelion, db, naruto, or some other 100+ eps series that has a big following.

[edit]
Anime that I like. that some people don't give a chance: Blue Gender (many
people give up after first 2 eps.) and Gundam-X (because it was droped early)
I'll follow you guys with
Pokémon!

Some episodes are crappy, lemme rephrase, most eps are crappy.
But the early episodes, and the end/begin of season episodes always have rather good plots! So do the movies! And the TCG is great IMO, but the games rule all, most of you probably also bought Pokémon D/P.

That's my two cents!
(I have the feeling I just baiting flame)

Ontopic: Naruto!
It's 70% talk, 3% OP, ED, 17% walking somewhere, 5% recap, 3% bleeding and 2% actual kickass fighting...2% is not enough for me to keep interest.

And as a sidenote, I DO NOT LIKE FANGIRLS
Example: *sque* OH LINK IS SO CUTE!
Me: Have you ever played a Legend of Zelda game?
Girl: What's that?
Pyroman is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 10:53   Link #250
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Death Note [Not interested, anything mainstream I AVOID.]

Monster [Too many people mentioned this, annoying.]

Claymore [All the hypes, I am straying away from this series.]
You hate animes you haven't even seen?

Also, hating something just because it's mainstream is just as ridiculous as loving it just because it's mainstream.

I, too, am not a fan of Gurren Lagann. I can't say I actually hated it or anything, but I certainly didn't enjoy it very much. Some episodes were hard to watch, all of the non-main characters had ugly (imo) designs and it simply never grabbed me at all.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 10:54   Link #251
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Clannad. here are my feeling on the show keep in mind i totally respect the fact that you can like clannad but for me retarded design + retarded predictable plot + stupid predictable characters + retarded overdone voice acting = stupid show.
yet it s like a lot of people are putting it on an altar as if it s the best anime since sliced-bread.
D a m i e n is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:14   Link #252
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes
You hate animes you haven't even seen?

Also, hating something just because it's mainstream is just as ridiculous as loving it just because it's mainstream.
You're wrong. No where I mentioned anything related to "haven't seen."
I can tell you at the least, each of those anime, I have watched 5 episodes.
And of coincidence, they are so popular, just dislike it all together.
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:15   Link #253
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I'll never understand how Higurashi Ni Kai was so successful among the internet fanbase. It certainly lost every single ounce of the appeal the first season had (no bloody murders, no spooky stories, Oyashiro-sama turned into a moeblob loli, too much polidrama and conspiracies). I haven't played the games, but if THAT's how the games are, I don't think I'll be playing them anytime soon.
Because we just wanted to see the whole thing being solved and nothing else. Kai really lacked a lot in comparison to the first season.
Khaos is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:18   Link #254
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Well, I absolutely despised everything about Full Metal Alchemist, yet that still seems to be a well liked series. It just didn't have a point for me.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:28   Link #255
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Arrow

There's also Bleach.
I watched the series very long, I sat out those annoying filler episodes because I just wanted to see them going into Hueco Mundo to kick some ass...but what I got were those lame ass comedy quarrels between Ichigo and Ishida again (they weren't funny at the beginning of the series, so repeating them bluntly made everything worse than ever before) and so much general stupidity that I couldn't stand it anymore.

Jigoku Shoujo:
I watched both seasons completely, for some reason I liked that series...can't remember why, just thinking about it gives me shivers now. Seeing so many human beings condemned into neverending pain und suffering just isn't good for my mental health anymore...
Khaos is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:31   Link #256
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos
There's also Bleach.
I watched the series very long, I sat out those annoying filler episodes because I just wanted to see them going into Hueco Mundo to kick some ass...but what I got were those lame ass comedy quarrels between Ichigo and Ishida again (they weren't funny at the beginning of the series, so repeating them bluntly made everything worse than ever before) and so much general stupidity that I couldn't stand it anymore.
Initially, the comedy are pretty interesting.. but that Porsche(my goodness, stop giving them names that's difficult to remember) keep calling Ishida "Ichigo" for a straight 3-4 episodes, and am forced to agree with you ;D
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:46   Link #257
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
Eh?

Light IS an unappealing character.

Not only is he an evil murderer, but on a smaller scale look how terribly he treats the girls that like him.

Death Note makes absolutely no attempt to make him appealing, in fact it takes every opportunity to make him look worse.


However, that doesn't make it a bad show. In fact, the show is brilliant precisely because they were able to center it around a deliberately unlikeable, evil character and still have it be compelling.


You seem to have misread the type of story it is. You assumed it wants you to empathize with Light. But it all builds up to
Spoiler for Death Note:
I understand what you mean, and indeed, I do argue that Light is unappealing while admitting that the show does in fact finish with him dealing with all the bad karma he has brought upon himself through the course of the series. Having said that, because of the way the show is structured, there is definitive flow to the series which seemingly ignores the basic immorality of what is happening.

This really comes through in episodes like the one in which
Spoiler for Death Note:
and judging by comments I've seen posted on sites such as YouTube that show the clip, the majority of viewers are actually rooting for Light in this instance. The same holds true regarding a variety of circumstances where Light finds himself in trouble. And really, it is sentiment that I do not really argue against, because, on an elemental level, Light is actually the protagonist of the series.

More to the point though, even outside my concern with the central character, there are many other reasons I dislike Death Note and which I have already outlined. To put it simply though, I do not find any of the mind games, or rather, the intellectual battles that constitute the appeal of the show, to be that engrossing. They are not that clever, not that interesting, and much less intelligent than they make themselves out to be.
Alleluia_Cone is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:52   Link #258
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Initially, the comedy are pretty interesting.. but that Porsche(my goodness, stop giving them names that's difficult to remember) keep calling Ishida "Ichigo" for a straight 3-4 episodes, and am forced to agree with you ;D
Well, what made my head hurt so much was, that after all those fights, adventures, after over 100 episodes, after gaining so much power and growing so much...they still are as dumb as at the beginning. No character developement at all, nada, niente...
Khaos is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:52   Link #259
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dimension X
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Jigoku Shoujo:
I watched both seasons completely, for some reason I liked that series...can't remember why, just thinking about it gives me shivers now. Seeing so many human beings condemned into neverending pain und suffering just isn't good for my mental health anymore...
Ah don't worry, you'll get used to it. And yeah, second season was the worst for me; first was good, but not good enough.


Man this one's proven to be tough, but alright here I go:

1. Haruhi - I suddenly have my ears ringing most of the time.
2. Full Metal Alchemist - man I was annoyed with almost everyone there
3. Naruto - tried but failed on me. And now they have it on CN in my country! I think now I understand why most people hate it.
4. School Days - all talk on my book
5. Death Note - one reason why it's here, LIGHT!
RavenHawk is offline  
Old 2008-02-05, 11:58   Link #260
Rayneing
Trombe!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Because we just wanted to see the whole thing being solved and nothing else. Kai really lacked a lot in comparison to the first season.
Kai lacked a lot compared to the first season? I enjoyed Kai a heck of a lot more than the first season - and I hadn't played the games.

Spoiler for higurashi:
Rayneing is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.