AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-06, 21:29   Link #1281
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Shin Mazinger Z - I finished this and I don't believe my eyes.. The final episode is an EPIC Fail! Because the world has been destroy and in any case it was awesomeness EVIL WON!

Nendoroid Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-07, 00:32   Link #1282
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I so feel the same I am DEF. a OP fan for the exact reasons you are and I don't hate but strongly dislike at times are Naruto and Bleach because of the drawn out arcs and dialogue. But if I am gonna hate an anime it has to be Aria the Origination who the hell wants to watch an anime about a tour guide and not to mention it gets a rating on MyAnimeList that is 8.87 it's amongst the top ten. So so very sad!
Haha, thanx for necroquoting me^^...

Additionally what people who hate on One Piece sleep on is the overall fight creativity...OP has the best fight choreography and thought out abilities of characters...Here we are 10 years into the show and Luffy STILL has endless amounts of moves and techniques (Think about how he fought Skypiea God Eneru by blowing all the air outta his body, he only did that once the entire series!)...Yeah he still uses his old stuff too, but it's never Rasengan//G-Tensho spamming like in Naruto//Bleach...Often times characters with Devilfruit powers don't even use them as their main ability because they are so layered with other martial arts or weapon techniques (Soru's, Hawkeye's Sword i.e.)...

I can't completely get mad at those who wanna mindlessly hate it though, I mean even if you have 100 episodes under your belt ya not even on the ship yet, ya still on the dock bros, ya still on the dock...For us who have faithfully watched nearly 500 episodes, it's like hearing Charlie Browns' teacher talking when listening to some of the complaints...

EDIT: And I am the one post that catches the ire of the neg repper ...And ya got lots of points too huh? You raped 10 points from me and I was so close to 700 T_T...Atleast leave a name invisible man..Are you a devil fruit user?

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2011-01-07 at 22:45.
Old 2011-01-07, 05:59   Link #1283
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
*skims though chapters* (again)

What did he actually get wrong?
Lololololol

Nah, about a few shonen series I could think again about my point of view but ONE PIECE?

Come on, that anime should have never existed, I don't even consider that as an anime or manga, that's just... garbage

BTW all those "I defend this series because I liked it even if it's the worst one" people are pretty funny don't you think so?
Old 2011-01-07, 14:43   Link #1284
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

High School of the Dead (Waste of time)
Angel Beats! (I don't HATE the series, but everyone unnecessarily over-rates it just because KEY had some hand in its inception)
OreImo (Good for only a few episodes, completely over-rated as a whole)
MM! (Same as Angel Beats!)

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
Old 2011-01-07, 16:03   Link #1285
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
Shin Mazinger Z - I finished this and I don't believe my eyes.. The final episode is an EPIC Fail! Because the world has been destroy and in any case it was awesomeness EVIL WON!
Erm, it's a cliffhanger ending for a sequel. Just like the original Mazinger Z.
Old 2011-01-07, 16:49   Link #1286
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Come on, that anime should have never existed, I don't even consider that as an anime or manga, that's just... garbage
I'd like to see your reasoning for this. I'm sure to get a good laugh out of it.

Quote:
BTW all those "I defend this series because I liked it even if it's the worst one" people are pretty funny don't you think so?
Hate to break it to ya but I defend it's bashing because it's a fantastic series that doesn't deserve it, and much of the rest of the world seems to think so too.

Might just sound like generic unconditional praise from a fan like me, but there's no way I can prove it unless you actually try reading it. And if you can't get past the cover then that's just a shame to have such a shallow mind.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-01-07 at 17:06.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:00   Link #1287
Berlin

I love how there are so many people that hate One Piece! I still haven't heard a good reason to why they hate it so much and come on if you put it up against Naruto and Bleach it has to win hands down for creativity. I love how no character is invincible regardless of their ability because there will be always someone that can counter your ability. Even the main character Luffy can't take on some characters no matter how strong he gets. In some cases he has to totally rely on his allies to get the job done. Every character on the show has a weakness that can be exploited so no matter how strong they are doesn't mean they can always come out on top. Character development is amazing..... yes the cast of one piece is long but almost every main character that is introduced gets a back story and if they disappear in one arch they are almost guaranteed to reappear later with clear indication of character growth and in some cases with a new or even old side story about them that relates to the present that is never too long of a recap to re-introduce them.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:06   Link #1288
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I'll give One Piece that but I am indifferent ot the series now. I am complaining about shows I hadn't watched but still the more I hear Great Teacher Onizuka, the more turned of I am.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:40   Link #1289
Berlin

GTO man that dude is hilarious! Have you watched any of it yet? It took me a min to give it consideration too but I have been converted to being a fan now! I really love complaining about Shakugan No Shana. I have tried many of times to watch the anime but I can't get past the 3rd episode.....does it get any better.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:47   Link #1290
xtrablu
Black Knight

The first one that comes to mind when seeing this thread is without doubt

Naruto (the whole series - shippuden included): Not only does Naruto keep on spawning filler arcs at (what feels like) the same pace as the real plot-episodes, but it also introduces so many new characters that it gets hard to keep empathizing with the "original" chars (both favourites and mains).

Note: I do have other animes in mind, too, but Naruto is atvm the only series I can give some solid reason for disliking...
Old 2011-01-07, 18:51   Link #1291
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
GTO man that dude is hilarious! Have you watched any of it yet? It took me a min to give it consideration too but I have been converted to being a fan now! I really love complaining about Shakugan No Shana. I have tried many of times to watch the anime but I can't get past the 3rd episode.....does it get any better.
Uh... Nope.
Old 2011-01-07, 23:58   Link #1292
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
I really love complaining about Shakugan No Shana. I have tried many of times to watch the anime but I can't get past the 3rd episode.....does it get any better.
SNS was very hard for me to grasp (as far as understanding what was going on) but when I read the manga, I was like "OHHHHHH!" lol

But define "better"?
Old 2011-01-08, 00:09   Link #1293
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Shakugan no Shana is an anime that has a special place for me as it is the first series I saw that combines moe with supernatural/action elements. I do however acknowledge that there are better ones out there (e.g. Ga-Rei Zero) that came out later.

I do think the second season was quite average though due to the absurd number of fillers, though it had potential. I see this in the same way I see To Aru Kakagu no Railgun.

However, the recent Shakugan no Shana S OVAs episodes 3 and 4 were brilliant and were some of the best episodes of the franchise. Really showed Shana as a character that is neither tsun nor dere, and I really liked that.
Old 2011-01-08, 02:48   Link #1294
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

While the reasons for disliking Shakugan no Shana are relatively understandable, I think the problem lies more with J.C. Staff's adaptation of the series: IIRC, I hear some pretty strong claims that J.C.'s adaptation of Shana does NOT do the original material justice, which I feel I am inclined to agree on, the primary piece of evidence being the adaptation for the second season: while the character development was welcome, the unnecessary length of the filler was not.

While I can't say much against J.C. with Shana alone, I WILL point out that people are really complaining how Index got messed and I personally really disliked how they handled the Railgun franchise.

Now I'm hoping they won't screw up Yumekui Merry most of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
However, the recent Shakugan no Shana S OVAs episodes 3 and 4 were brilliant and were some of the best episodes of the franchise. Really showed Shana as a character that is neither tsun nor dere, and I really liked that.
Huge props for pointing this out. S was amazing beyond words and I think I'm starting to like it more than the first season.

If J.C. Staff wanted to go for character development, they should have gone in the direction that the S OVA did and not be an obvious money milker that the second season was.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
Old 2011-01-08, 03:26   Link #1295
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Shame on you, High School of the Dead.

Shame. on. you.

I don't care IF they goin to make a next season of it this year.

I mean the characters are morons & undeveloped, NO explanations why the zombie outbreak spread across the world whatsoever. Uncleared questions whether Koiichi Shidou's character evil or not since that guy is such a Bastard.

But the only one thing that it didn't sucked the most is Kouta Hirano character.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-01-08 at 03:37.
Old 2011-01-08, 05:18   Link #1296
Zotis
Rank #35

I gave High School of the Dead about 2:00 before I knew it was bad and I had no interest in watching it. I hate that kind of lame anime. There's no depth to it, it's unrealistic, that kind of stuff just bores me. I also hate Bleach, One Piece, DBZ, Naruto, and almost all of the popular mainstream anime out there.
Old 2011-01-08, 10:14   Link #1297
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I'll give One Piece that but I am indifferent ot the series now. I am complaining about shows I hadn't watched but still the more I hear Great Teacher Onizuka, the more turned of I am.
I know the feeling, happens to me a lot.
But believe me, GTO is not one of them, you will like it
At least try to get to Urumi's arc and if it still won't click then I guess it really isn't for you.
Old 2011-01-08, 13:43   Link #1298
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

For what I'm reading here is more than obvious that One Piece is only followed by childs, well, that's normal with the complete lack of plot.

We can say One Piece is the "Teletubbies" of Japan.
Old 2011-01-08, 13:50   Link #1299
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Shame on you, High School of the Dead.

Shame. on. you.

I don't care IF they goin to make a next season of it this year.

I mean the characters are morons & undeveloped, NO explanations why the zombie outbreak spread across the world whatsoever. Uncleared questions whether Koiichi Shidou's character evil or not since that guy is such a Bastard.

But the only one thing that it didn't sucked the most is Kouta Hirano character.
I've also heard that the excessive fanservice really ruins the show. Shame because the premise seemed to hold so much potential. There aren't many zombie shows out there.
Old 2011-01-08, 13:53   Link #1300
Haak
Forever Alone...

Frankly I found One Piece unbearable. I thought the characters were uninteresting, the plot ridiculous and the artwork shite. And I didn't care much for the comedy either. In the end I dropped it when I got to around Chapter 200. I don't care if it does get better. It shouldn't have to get better. It should've been good from the start.