AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-10, 01:28   Link #1321
tehmuffinmon
SeleÁ„o
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 23
I used to think One Piece was pretty good, but looking back on it, I never really could get into it. I don't 'hate' it but it's really just another mainstream anime to me now. I can't really think of anything else at the moment, I'm generally pretty easy to please.
tehmuffinmon is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 02:22   Link #1322
Zotis
Rank #35
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
What I'm saying is that zombies are damn over used with no originality anymore.

I don't mind several zombies as side characters but when it is zombies apocalypse after apocalypse, I see nothing interesting.
Well the expression goes, "There's nothing new under the sun."
__________________
Zotis is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 10:10   Link #1323
chachaboru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: house
i don't like ouran highschool host club...
i get piss by tamaki's personality.
chachaboru is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 13:46   Link #1324
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachaboru View Post
i don't like ouran highschool host club...
i get piss by tamaki's personality.
I adore Tamaki so much....but I know there are a lot of people who find him annoying....
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 14:34   Link #1325
Zensei
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.
Send a message via MSN to Zensei
Bleach, it's not even hate it's just that... It's boring...
__________________
"Even though Iím no better than a beast, donít I have the right to live?"

My humble little blog.
Zensei is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 01:26   Link #1326
faythz
I.G
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Balamb Garden
K-on it's just plain anime with plain story plain plot plain dream plain willpower
but enough to make everyone like it --a
faythz is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 04:50   Link #1327
Zotis
Rank #35
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 28
Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Digimon, Yu! Gi! Oh!, Elfen Lied, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Blood +, Gost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Samurai 7, High School of the Dead, Gundam: Seed, Gundam: Wing, InuYashi, Sailor Moon.

These are all anime I find torture to watch.
__________________

Last edited by Zotis; 2011-01-11 at 05:17.
Zotis is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 11:43   Link #1328
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotis View Post
Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Digimon, Yu! Gi! Oh!, Elfen Lied, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Blood +, Gost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Samurai 7, High School of the Dead, Gundam: Seed, Gundam: Wing, InuYashi, Sailor Moon.

These are all anime I find torture to watch.
That's like....every single genre out there. Only one you're missing is hentai.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 12:03   Link #1329
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
That's like....every single genre out there. Only one you're missing is hentai.
Well he never said he hated the genres,just the animes
__________________
totoum is online now  
Old 2011-01-11, 13:46   Link #1330
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
That's like....every single genre out there. Only one you're missing is hentai.
<_< most of those are shounen, action, drama, or suspense so not really. No Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Shoujo, or etc listed .
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now  
Old 2011-01-11, 15:31   Link #1331
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by faythz View Post
K-on it's just plain anime with plain story plain plot plain dream plain willpower
but enough to make everyone like it --a
I'm guessing you've never heard of the Slice of Life genre then ? K-On isn't supposed to have a story, it's just cute girls doing cute things :x
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 17:21   Link #1332
Zotis
Rank #35
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 28
It's not the genres I hate, it's the style those anime are done in. It's the individual animes themselves. I like the serious movies like Perfect Blue, Akira, and Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2. I also like a lot of rare anime, OVAs, and short series' like Gundam: A War in the Pocket, Genocyber, Devilman, Gall Force, Curse of Kazuo, Angel Cop, M.D. Geist, Iria, etc...

More traditional anime shows I like would be things like Claymore, Beserk, and Air Master.

I don't like much Comedy anime because it isn't funny. An exception would be Cromorite High School.

Yeah... I think I hate Shounen, though I'm not really sure what it is I could always google it...
__________________
Zotis is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 18:10   Link #1333
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by faythz View Post
K-on it's just plain anime with plain story plain plot plain dream plain willpower
but enough to make everyone like it --a
I like K-ON because I can relate to it... I also have a dream but the point am too lazy to try hard enough to reach it... I suck -_-

But seeing someone similar makes me relax a bit, it is actually a bit annoying to always see hard working characters.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 19:26   Link #1334
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
<_< most of those are shounen, action, drama, or suspense so not really. No Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Shoujo, or etc listed .
He listed Sailormoon= Romance AND Shoujo, right there.

Quote:
I don't like much Comedy anime because it isn't funny.
Really? o_o

Quote:
Yeah... I think I hate Shounen, though I'm not really sure what it is I could always google it...
Nah, you don't hate all shounen, according to the titles you do like. :x In fact, all of those are either shounen or seinen. I'm not sure where the line is drawn.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 19:30   Link #1335
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Animes that have all-girl cast (Mahou shoujos like Nanoha, K-on, Lucky star and other stuff) cause I can't find anyone I can put myself into and I don't like Yuri(it feels incomplete). I don't like all-boy cast too (it feels I'm watching Yaoi and shit).
Inuyasha because of never ending Naraku villain and Inuyasha/Kagome love shit.
Naruto (it started well but the part 2 where Naruto chases Sasuke looks Gay and stupid)→He forgot his dream of becoming Hokage. WTH.
Mayoi Neko Overrun the anime→This one pisses me off because of that Ieyasu guy.
More to come....
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 19:48   Link #1336
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Animes that have all-girl cast (Mahou shoujos like Nanoha, K-on, Lucky star and other stuff) cause I can't find anyone I can put myself into and I don't like Yuri(it feels incomplete). I don't like all-boy cast too (it feels I'm watching Yaoi and shit).
I agree fully on the Yaoi one, but the Yuri one is fine with me

Quote:
Inuyasha because of never ending Naraku villain and Inuyasha/Kagome love shit.
It seemed like the relationship was never really going anywhere and was slowly... Oh so slowly developing that it took forever... There was also the immortal Naraku that never died no matter what Inuyasha did before The Final Act. So I agree on this as well.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 19:54   Link #1337
tehmuffinmon
SeleÁ„o
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 23
Oh, thought of another one that I actually like, but can't honestly force myself to watch much of. GiTs - Stand Alone Complex. It's interesting but it always seemed to drag on whenever I watched it. And I normally like anime like that, but it seemed almost overbearing in trying to convey its meaning. Maybe it's just me, though. I liked the Ghost in the shell movie, though. The first one, I believe.
tehmuffinmon is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 20:44   Link #1338
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
I like both yuri and yaoi (suprisingly like yuri more) but what I can't stand is when EVERYONE in the show are gay... I mean come on! Is their world/school based in gay bar or something? It is simply impossible!
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 20:46   Link #1339
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I agree fully on the Yaoi one, but the Yuri one is fine with me
I fully agree with both.

Not having a single different gendered character among a horde of boys or a horde of girls is just plain stupid....and kinda discriminating, honestly. I always roll my eyes when I see an anime like this because it's unrealistic. Many of them act like the other gender doesn't even exist.

(Lucky Star and Nanoha are okay because you do see boys here and there.)

Quote:
what I can't stand is when EVERYONE in the show are gay... I mean come on! Is their world/school based in gay bar or something? It is simply impossible!
I know, right?
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2011-01-11, 21:46   Link #1340
Zotis
Rank #35
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmuffinmon View Post
Oh, thought of another one that I actually like, but can't honestly force myself to watch much of. GiTs - Stand Alone Complex. It's interesting but it always seemed to drag on whenever I watched it. And I normally like anime like that, but it seemed almost overbearing in trying to convey its meaning. Maybe it's just me, though. I liked the Ghost in the shell movie, though. The first one, I believe.
Yeah, when it came out I was excited because I loved Ghost in the Shell, but it dissapointed me so much. I didn't even finish the first episode, I just took it out, put it back in it's case, and returned it to the video store exchanging it for something else. Gah, those stupid blue robots were a Jar Jar Binx, not that anything else about the seriese was particularily good. It wasn't very well drawn and the dialog and voice acting were sub-par... everything about it sucked. I don't know why some people like it.
__________________
Zotis is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.