AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 16:12   Link #21
kakashilion
has big feet

cool vests

(off topic) P.S. anbu_aone ep 78 is finnally out
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:13   Link #22
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai
well i dont think those things look like jounin vests and i think it's dumb when these threads come up asking if the vest are for protection, i mean come on if you're good enough to be a jounin then you shouldn't need armour
Exactly, if anyone, a damn genin needs it. The Jounin vest just has more pockets so they can fit more scrolls.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:25   Link #23
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
haha, I had my mom make me a sound village style vest. It's cool as hell, but offers no "real" protection, and is kinda big and bulky, do to seamstress error. Cool, though.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:35   Link #24
kakashilion
has big feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara_
haha, I had my mom make me a sound village style vest. It's cool as hell, but offers no "real" protection, and is kinda big and bulky, do to seamstress error. Cool, though.
take a pictue and show is

wanna trade moms?
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:38   Link #25
momojigari
Great I-Jin

did ur vest have lotsa pockets?
momojigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 17:00   Link #26
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai
well i dont think those things look like jounin vests and i think it's dumb when these threads come up asking if the vest are for protection, i mean come on if you're good enough to be a jounin then you shouldn't need armour

Last time I checked, Jounins were in cartoons....
ChaosBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 17:01   Link #27
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Dude yeh it has been getting kinda dangerous lately ... like last friday this guy totally looked at me when I was getting a soda at the vending machine ... but like thank god I had my armor ... I think he like wanted to stabb me in the chest. And like I was getting some peanut M&Ms and the cashier could have totally killed me with the change... do you know how dangerous a penny can be if used as a projectile ?

Grow up son, if someone was set out to kill you they'd shoot or stabb you in the face. And if that doesn't work the good old beat him until he dies come through every time. The point is unless you plan to wear this thing in public with the helmet that comes with it, and looke like a jackass ... then there is no point in getting it.

"Hey a big bad gangster could get me! "

Yeah and so could a moving car. Insecurity ++.

Oh so then we should just get rid of our police force if thats the case, since their not needed. Why should we pay them? And that army of ours, well we dont need them either. Because when it comes down to it we will all be shot in the face...........
Old 2004-04-16, 17:01   Link #28
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard
Last time I checked, Jounins were in cartoons....
coming from the guy who wants to get a vest to look like them
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-16, 17:03   Link #29
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
coming from the guy who wants to get a vest to look like them

I only implied they looked like Jounin vests. I never said I am getting one because of this. I thought people in thins group might have found that fact more interesting, thats why I related them to Jounin vests. Of course you knew this.......
Old 2004-04-16, 17:04   Link #30
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Oh so then we should just get rid of our police force if thats the case, since their not needed. Why should we pay them? And that army of ours, well we dont need them either. Because when it comes down to it we will all be shot in the face...........
did you just agree with lexander? cuz it sort of sounds like it...

oh. wait. you were actually saying something in the convoluted mass that is your post.

we need the army and the police, we have always had them, they are necessary. you can however walk around without the vest/helmet.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 17:06   Link #31
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
did you just agree with lexander? cuz it sort of sounds like it...

oh. wait. you were actually saying something in the convoluted mass that is your post.

we need the army and the police, we have always had them, they are necessary. you can however walk around without the vest/helmet.

No, I didn't think this would require an explanation... If you must need one, that statement was completely sarcastic...
Old 2004-04-16, 17:11   Link #32
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I don't think you understood my post at all ...

The idea is ... that if someone was really after you and they bipassed the police and the army ... a stupid vest designed for actual combat is not going to save you.
Old 2004-04-16, 17:47   Link #33
MrMoron

Of course a bullet-proof vest can save you, or at least give a better chance of survival, no matter what. It's always a good idea to wear that shit unless you neceserily want to die and there isn't really any disadvantages from those either, are there?

And just look at them vests, they're badass!
MrMoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 17:50   Link #34
Hunter Nin.

I'd get one, just to see my mates face when he breaks his hand after I tell him to punch me.. muahahah!
Old 2004-04-16, 18:53   Link #36
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoron
Of course a bullet-proof vest can save you, or at least give a better chance of survival, no matter what. It's always a good idea to wear that shit unless you neceserily want to die and there isn't really any disadvantages from those either, are there?

And just look at them vests, they're badass!

Well according to Laxander bullet proof vests do nothing to help you. I suppose thats why the military spends billions on armor. This makes perfect sense now.
Old 2004-04-16, 18:54   Link #37
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:

The idea is ... that if someone was really after you and they bipassed the police and the army ... a stupid vest designed for actual combat is not going to save you.

Oh I understand, you have no conception on how a bullet proof vest works. You don't even make any sense, a combat vest not being able to protect you? Next time re-think before you post. Less you like looking ignorant.
Old 2004-04-16, 19:05   Link #38
momojigari
Great I-Jin

two words : Head shot
momojigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 19:12   Link #39
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.
I'd get one, just to see my mates face when he breaks his hand after I tell him to punch me.. muahahah!
Um...Kevlar just disspates the force, it isn't hard. If you want your mate to break his hand on your armor, get a Door Gunner Vest.

Quote:
Well according to Laxander bullet proof vests do nothing to help you. I suppose thats why the military spends billions on armor. This makes perfect sense now.
Quote:

Quote:
Chaos...you're completely missing the point, so here it is, spelled out:

Army and Cops have the armor, plus training.

You, would theoretically have the armor and no training.

If they guy who wants to kill you beat them, he will beat you with or without the armor, with 0 trouble.

Also, to wear ceratin grades of body armor is illegal, thanks to those 2 guys who robbed banks in California, and were impervious to the Cops' gunfire, until they got some bigger weaponry.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 19:57   Link #40
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
#1 No they don't look like jounin vests, cause the vests are not so thick. They are just 1 layer of cloth basically. Jounins don't look like humpty dumpty in theirls.
Interesting, considering they're not only called flak jackets in the manga, but they're also sort of thick. They arent that thick because flak jackets arent designed to stop bullets (or kunai), because in war bullets are more concentrated, and have more piercing power. The "humpty dumpty" as you put it is the pockets, plus the material inside the vest is bullet proof armor, which is thicker, because in war the standard NATO round would pierce the armor of a flak jacket.

Oh yeah, and its a cartoon. People can break down buildings with a single blow with their fists. If the author wants a weakly thrown kunai to pierce armor, guess how much use that jackets gonna have?
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote