AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-08, 13:55   Link #1141
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
You probably could reroute the request to an emulated server to verify them, but won't solve the problem for most people, because you will lose of on multiplayer and other services, besides this means you have to have your pc or a server running just to play xbone games. Either way, it is probably not worth the hassle creating a xlive emulator, unless people are interested in exclusive xbone single player games, which probably won't exist anyway.
I'd figure that hackers would attempt it, not for any worth, but just to give Microsoft the "bird". Perhaps, though, if the desire is there, private servers could be created for multiplayer for specific games, you see this with MMOs on the PC. If this is possible, at the worst, you might have to swap to the emulated server every 24 hrs and then swap to the private server of the game of your choice.
Old 2013-06-10, 00:31   Link #1142
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this console turns out to be this generation's sega saturn.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 03:21   Link #1143
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this console turns out to be this generation's sega saturn.
More fitting than first appeared. Saturn survived in its home market but failed everywhere else. Xbox1 might be in the same position.
Old 2013-06-10, 04:48   Link #1144
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Old 2013-06-10, 05:52   Link #1145
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
*snip*
So that's what the name means. That clears it all up then!

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 07:36   Link #1146
Destined_Fate

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/10/xbox...-order-charts/

UK's roots with Microsoft don't die hard it seems... Ignorance is strong in the average gamer fanbase it seems or they just don't care about the restrictions on the XBox One at all. I'm leaning towards Ignorance because I will have more respect for those that pre-ordered the XBox One than those that don't care.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 07:38   Link #1147
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

UK's roots with Microsoft don't die hard it seems... Ignorance is strong in the average gamer fanbase it seems or they just don't care about the restrictions on the XBox One at all. I'm leaning towards Ignorance because I will have more respect for those that pre-ordered the XBox One than those that don't care.
Ignorance indeed, I know a lot of dedicated Xbox users and most of them decided to go to the PS4 instead. Ignorance is not bliss especially if its money out of your pocket that is way more than usual.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 07:41   Link #1148
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
*snip*
To be fair, how many people can play your games at the same time as you can now?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:46   Link #1149
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I find it amusingly odd when I hear someone state "I gonna go for a PS4 instead of an Xbox One" when at this point very few details about DRM and used games are know on the PS4 meaning there is a very real chance that the negative factors of the xbox one could very well be present on the PS4.

In the end gamers could be faced with 2 consoles with a similar degree of negativity and it'll be a case of weighing up those negative factors and decided which is least worse rather than picking one over the other for being "better" based on actual hardware power and games available (like the old days).

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 09:30   Link #1150
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I find it amusingly odd when I hear someone state "I gonna go for a PS4 instead of an Xbox One" when at this point very few details about DRM and used games are know on the PS4 meaning there is a very real chance that the negative factors of the xbox one could very well be present on the PS4.

In the end gamers could be faced with 2 consoles with a similar degree of negativity and it'll be a case of weighing up those negative factors and decided which is least worse rather than picking one over the other for being "better" based on actual hardware power and games available (like the old days).
Well when you have something you know is bad and something you don't know for sure about it's not surprising to have people side with the other. If Sony comes out on the negative side of the equation the choice is going to be fairly simple. Fall back on old systems, handhelds, the PC, and maybe Nintendo if they get some games on that Wii-U.
Old 2013-06-10, 10:24   Link #1151
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

In general, preorder figures this far from release don't mean anything. And consoles have such a long product life that preorders are pretty irrelevant - to illustrate, the Vita and Wii U had good preorder figures.

If anything, a 20% advantage means that Microsoft is actually losing ground to Sony. However decent numbers do mean that Microsoft isn't out of the race despite how awful the Xbone may look to the more informed gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, how many people can play your games at the same time as you can now?
Hypothetically, you can have as many people play your games as you have physical disks. Sure, they're not playing the same game, but that's going to be true of the Xbone as well.

Quote:
It's pretty simple games theory. When Microsoft's likely outcomes are either -9 or -10, and Sony will either deliver -5 or +5. So as long as -5 is acceptable to you, it's not exactly a difficult choice to make.

Quote:
But we know the outcome here as well. The PS4 will have somewhere between 50-100% more power than the Xbone, and it'll have more exclusives. The PS4 has a much higher value proposition in almost every scenario.
Old 2013-06-10, 11:20   Link #1152
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Hypothetically, you can have as many people play your games as you have physical disks. Sure, they're not playing the same game, but that's going to be true of the Xbone as well.
That's what I was getting at. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely 100% anti-XBone, but I also like to be fair. That particular line just seemed really odd, since it's no different from how it is now.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:11   Link #1153
Sides

LOL power of the cloud, aka you don't even need to play games anymore, a cloud AI plays as your double ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 13:00   Link #1154
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

$500?! O_o
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 13:03   Link #1155
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
599 euros! They must be smoking some really good stuff on Redmond.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 13:10   Link #1156
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
599 euros! They must be smoking some really good stuff on Redmond.
For reference, conversion: 659.70 US Dollar
Old 2013-06-10, 13:21   Link #1157
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Microsoft really did the best they could to address core gamers, I'll give them that. But let's be honest, Killer Instinct and the new Halo are the only interesting games shown that would require me to buy an Xbox One. I don't think it's going to happen. The price is too high, and I'm not just talking about money there.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:34   Link #1158
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
For reference, conversion: 659.70 US Dollar
Microsoft, what the hell are you on? I could buy 2, probably 3 PS3's with that kind of money.
Let's not forget the amount of games I could get instead, which last I checked, are what define a game console.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:36   Link #1159
GDB

But you only need ONE xbone!
Old 2013-06-10, 13:36   Link #1160
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

As much as I was surprised to see Killer Instinct that's not gonna sell me on a system.