AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 06:06   Link #141
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Pretend whatever you want. We will settle this in 5 years.
Pffft you think I'll remember this in a week much less five years? Someone is taking themselves too seriously

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 06:49   Link #142
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I still think that is a stupid idea. I predict in 3-5 years PS4's updated model would no longer have that button or have it changed to a generic extra input.
It's a godlike feature for fighting games, I assure you it will get a lot of use whenever Street Fighter V comes out on PS4.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:33   Link #143
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's a godlike feature for fighting games, I assure you it will get a lot of use whenever Street Fighter V comes out on PS4.
As long as it doesn't require facebook....
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:55   Link #144
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
As long as it doesn't require facebook....
Well considering the PS3 has had an upload to youtube option.... I don't think you have to worry about that. Imagine Tokido uploading him Vs Daigo day 1 of StreetFighter V straight to youtube 720p... I think fighting games is the genre that will benefit the most from this feature.
Old 2013-04-29, 22:47   Link #145
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

On a more subtle note it feels like a lean towards anti-DRM. Game walkthroughs I believe are technically breaches of IP like how uploading a piece of a TV show onto youtube is, but game companies let it slide because it's promotion for their products and what they're ultimately selling is the game experience, not footage. And now Sony is intentionally facillitating the process of uploading video footage onto the internet, which I like.

Old 2013-04-30, 04:51   Link #146
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

I've been thinking about this for awhile... should we get a mod to change the title to include the PS4? Maybe even general next gen console thread ?
Old 2013-04-30, 04:54   Link #147
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've been thinking about this for awhile... should we get a mod to change the title to include the PS4? Maybe even general next gen console thread ?
Chances are PS4 would get its own thread. Much like how Wii U did.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:51   Link #148
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Adam Sessler did a little video on the upcoming Xbox announcement and I agree with his opinion on it especially with more focus on games to attract the hardcore gamer who will be the early adopters.

Old 2013-05-01, 11:29   Link #149
Westlo
Lets be reality

man still hate sessler for what he did to the Evo 2010 finals, while the memes it gave us was nice his commentary brought it down a few levels..
Old 2013-05-01, 20:51   Link #150
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I read somewhere that only 20% of the processing power of a GPU is currently used for most games. Instead for optimising codes, developers have opted for raw power, which is understandable because OSes and manufacturer dictated this path.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD...APU,22324.html

There is a major development in the works that if implemented correctly could rewrite the processor/gpu landscape permanently. Since GPUs are as much as 10 times faster than CPUs AMD is working on a way to assign more workloads to the graphics side of computing. The new technology aims to to make the communicating between gpu, cpu and memory more efficient.
Old 2013-05-01, 21:18   Link #151
Destined_Fate

That sounds positively sexy!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 21:36   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

...what does all that translates into in English ?
Old 2013-05-01, 21:59   Link #153
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...what does all that translates into in English ?
It means that the processing power of graphics card will be properly utilized by the system; which will translate into much higher performance across the board. Graphics cards are much faster than processors when it comes to raw processing power but they can't still overtake the specific functions of a processor this is why they are slowly being combined into one, this new unit is called an APU.

I hope that makes it a little easier to understand.
Old 2013-05-01, 22:03   Link #154
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

From what I've read on the ps4, communication between memory, CPU, and GPU is being streamlined, and the console will function more like an APU rather than typical CPU, memory, GPU combo.

The new xbox is likely similar, but rumors say that the xbox will be using DDR3 memory with a tiny bit of some high-speed ram rather than 8 gigs of straight-up GDDR5 like PS4. That kind of memory architecture might be a little bit of a headache to work with for the xbox.

Old 2013-05-02, 04:19   Link #155
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The new xbox is likely similar, but rumors say that the xbox will be using DDR3 memory with a tiny bit of some high-speed ram rather than 8 gigs of straight-up GDDR5 like PS4. That kind of memory architecture might be a little bit of a headache to work with for the xbox.
The so called traditional edram setup has been with us since the ps2 and gamecube era, so shouldn't be a problem at all.
As for ddr3 and gddr5, those are really old ram types that will be replaced probably next year by ddr4 and gddr6. Apart from the apu implementation there is nothing technically exciting about these consoles, they are really based on old pc tech. But it all boils down to the games and services they offer, and that is what matters.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 04:24   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Xbox company secures June 10 at the Galen Center.
Old 2013-05-02, 07:10   Link #157
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I wonder what Microsoft will do in attempting to sell this in Japan considering their, to put it lightly, rather unsuccessful run with the last two consoles.

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 07:14   Link #158
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I wonder what Microsoft will do in attempting to sell this in Japan considering their, to put it lightly, rather unsuccessful run with the last two consoles.
Design a new Kinect that works in cramped Japanese homes maybe?

But really, they have no reason to sell to Japan if they feel 360 survived just fine.
Old 2013-05-02, 07:48   Link #159
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The so called traditional edram setup has been with us since the ps2 and gamecube era, so shouldn't be a problem at all.
As for ddr3 and gddr5, those are really old ram types that will be replaced probably next year by ddr4 and gddr6. Apart from the apu implementation there is nothing technically exciting about these consoles, they are really based on old pc tech. But it all boils down to the games and services they offer, and that is what matters.
$399 PS4 is going to way cheaper than a Nvidia Volta GPU with GDDR6 lmao, it's exciting for anyone who wants high quality performance that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It's not like they are being held back by an 8 year old expresso chip.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:45   Link #160
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Bit of repeating myself but old pc tech on console architecture gets utilized better so its a bit unfair to directly compare console spec vs pc spec.

Moving onto a different topic, what exclusive games do you guys expect from the next xbox. Personally I can't really think of any exclusive franchise that I would look forward to. Not much of a fan for forza, halo or whatever lionhead studio would have in store.