AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 16:39   Link #1
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
A New Ghost...

...in the Shell, apparently.

If, while playing any Deus Ex, you found yourself wondering 'how come we haven't seen a new GitS game since the PS2 era?', this should spark your curiousity. Nexon has announced that a new FPS using the GitS: SAC setting is intended for deployment early next year. This appears to be a free-to-play title with convenience microtransactions (see: Firefall; Path of Exile). Let's hope they don't mung up the potential here, shall we?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 20:16   Link #2
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

This sounds interesting.

I recall playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution and thinking to myself, "Yeah, this has so many GITS vibes." Particularly the hacking, and aesthetics, and the guns; the Zenith 10mm has the Seburo M-5's grip, as an example...

It would be interesting to see the FPS, which I assume is an mmo of some sort given the F2P model being used. Hopefully it'll be in English.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 19:13   Link #3
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Joystiq has a bit more to say about the game here, along with a link to a Steparu article with some concept art.

As for 'tactical hacking', the concept has very rarely been played with in the FPS market; GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and (espcially) Syndicate being the only two examples which come readily to mind, and it will be interesting to see how the dev team enables players to defend against such incursion attempts.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f2p, fps, ghost in the shell