AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-18, 19:05   Link #61
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: INFJ, the “Confidant”

Introversion: 90%
iNtutitive: 80%
Feeling: 70%
Judging: 65%

Not surprised... Apart from the title. It fits so well it's scary.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:21   Link #62
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I might be going too far with this, but just as a fun little mental exercise, I decided to try to determine what is the MBTI for each of the characters I discussed before. I'm honestly stumped by Vita though.


Madoka is ENFJ
Mami is ESFJ

Reading the descriptions for ENFJ and ESFJ honestly felt like reading character descriptions for these two characters (ENFJ for Madoka, and ESFJ for Mami). They fit incredibly well.


Homura is INTJ
Kyouko is INTP

With both of these characters, it was a hard choice between INTJ and INTP. I could see either character going either way.


Nanoha is ESFP
Signum is INFJ
Precia Testarossa is INTJ
Jail Scaglietti is ENTJ
Subaru is ENFP
Teana is INTP
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:21   Link #63
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: INTP, the “Engineer”

Introversion: 80%
iNtutitive: 65%
Thinking: 80%
Perceiving: 60%

Hmmm, guess what I studied in College?

However I've also seen my introversion score go the other way towards E, but I my sociability fluctuates (I've had some somewhat manic periods).
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:32   Link #64
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post

Regarding introverts and extroverts, I wonder if part of it is "chemistry" with other people, and possibly perception of oneself. I was a shy introvert for much of my life, preferring to be alone and finding it very draining to be around others. A few years ago I made a group of friends that changed my views. I'd always enjoyed spending time with friends, but not too much time; with these guys, we could spend days doing things together and it was fun and energizing. Farther after that, my self-confidence and self-respect grew, and I found that engaging even with some random strangers could have an energizing effect. It seemed that increased confidence had expanded my "chemistry compatibility" with others.
I read somewhere that it has to do with how the blood flows in your brain. Introverts and extroverts get more blood flow in different areas as far as socialization goes. I don't know if it's true though.

Took the test. It says I am an introvert, but am highly variable and can swing to extrovert at any time (my score is 50% introvert). But my hardwired default is apparently introvert. That would explain why I feel like I am both at different times. Same with my Feeling.

Introversion 50%
iNtuitive 70%
Feeling 50%
Perceiving 55%

The "Dreamer"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is what I got...



Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: INFP, the “Dreamer”

Introversion: 90%
iNtutitive: 70%
Feeling: 70%
Perceiving: 50%
Fellow dreamer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post

Not surprised... Apart from the title. It fits so well it's scary.
My title fits me way too well too...

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-18 at 19:49.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 21:57   Link #65
barcode120x
NS
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Age: 24
I took the MB test a few weeks ago and I was an ESFJ. I forget the exact % (I really don't want to reanswer 70+ questions lolz) and I was noted to be "The Caregiver." Suits my academic career since I'm in nursing school atm
__________________
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 05:35   Link #66
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
I guess INTP suits me best. It's true the world is extrovert dominated, and that's been cause for some real challenge. I've also noticed some possible cultural differences, finding it much easier to be the Ice Man in the company of irishmen or the finns than americans.

Now on these boards there seems to be a majority of introvert types, but that's just because a slow message board such as this is our favored means of communication. Extroverts would probably get bored by it. In "faster" media like Reddit or Facebook you could still easily see the extrovert domination.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 05:40   Link #67
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I guess INTP suits me best. It's true the world is extrovert dominated, and that's been cause for some real challenge. I've also noticed some possible cultural differences, finding it much easier to be the Ice Man in the company of irishmen or the finns than americans.
I don't think the male forum members would mind being dominated by an extroverted girl with big assets at night.

Me? I am a man with taste. So no, thank you. I want to be dominated by a cute tsundere loli instead.

Quote:
Now on these boards there seems to be a majority of introvert types, but that's just because a slow message board such as this is our favored means of communication. Extroverts would probably get bored by it. In "faster" media like Reddit or Facebook you could still easily see the extrovert domination.
I agree. Even though it is still text communication, I think introverts are still preferring the slow and steady form of communcation with complete sentences and well-drafted thoughts; it has almost become unacceptable in the world of extroverts who wants things hard and fast.

Here is the scoring again (Yep, INTJ):

Introversion: 100%
iNtutitive: 55%
Thinking: 100%
Judging: 75%

This test is too simple. The one I took before gives 20 4-choice questions and 10 6-choice questions, some of them repeated but with different number of choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Fate is 25! She's too old for you.
Shut up and go away. She's perfect for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Homura is INTJ
Maybe I should cosplay as Madoka and let her have her way with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Fate is 25! She's too old for you.
FATE IS MINE. AND SHE'S NOT OLD. Stop stealing my waifus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
You shouldn't be so greedy with them lolis. I'll take Fate, you can keep Sayaka. Win/win situation for the both of us.
You ass, you DO NOT give me a false choice like this. Fate and Sayaka ARE BOTH MINE.

Go take Kyouko or Kyubey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Because they are potential signs of mental illness, and they're not associated with good health. Many psychological disorders (schizophrenia and its spectrum) hits people's interest in socialization, and the ability to relate to others. It's more of a concern if a person develops those traits where they didn't have them previously, but even if a person has been like that for almost their entire life it doesn't rule out a potential disorder. (Of course, that gets into the philosophical debate of whether it's really a disorder that should be treated or just something different from the norm.) Health-wise, some studies are beginning to find links between social isolation and depression and earlier death, but correlation isn't causation and all that - it could be that depression causes the other two, and so on.
I wonder if the study actually researched the correalation between the messiah-complex and extroversion; after all, extroverts feel better amongst or above other people.

If introversion is one, how do you treat a psychological disorder like that? Whip him/her?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-02-20 at 06:09.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:54   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't think the male forum members would mind being dominated by an extroverted girl with big assets at night.

Me? I am a man with taste. So no, thank you. I want to be dominated by a cute tsundere loli instead.



I agree. Even though it is still text communication, I think introverts are still preferring the slow and steady form of communcation with complete sentences and well-drafted thoughts; it has almost become unacceptable in the world of extroverts who wants things hard and fast.

Here is the scoring again (Yep, INTJ):

Introversion: 100%
iNtutitive: 55%
Thinking: 100%
Judging: 75%

This test is too simple. The one I took before gives 20 4-choice questions and 10 6-choice questions, some of them repeated but with different number of choices.
Took that kind too a couple years back actually...was where it marked me as INFP
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 08:48   Link #69
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I wonder if the study actually researched the correalation between the messiah-complex and extroversion; after all, extroverts feel better amongst or above other people.

If introversion is one, how do you treat a psychological disorder like that? Whip him/her?
I don't really see how feeling energized among other people relates to feeling like you're a savior to others (the messiah complex). As I understand it, extroverts feel bored and uninspired when they're alone, and the opposite when they are with other people. Humans are a social species; while variation among individuals is to be expected, wanting to be around and interact with others is certainly not unusual.

Introversion itself is not a psychological or psychiatric disorder, but the behaviors may indicate one. If it's psychological, then psychotherapy and introspection are the way to go.

Was a person abused (trust issues)? Did they suffer a social traumatic event or some negative experience? Do they fear that everyone thinks badly of them, even if they haven't done anything? Do they feel that they have nothing to offer others? Do they find others intimidating? Those are some large (and more obvious) potential psychological causes behind introverted behavior.

Does a person not have interest in others? Do they regard others in the same manner that they would an animal or inanimate object? Do they feel that socializing isn't worth it? These could potentially be signs of a psychiatric disorder, a chemical imbalance that would be treated with pharmaceutical therapy and psychotherapy.

As I mentioned before, there's a bit of an ethical (or philosophical) slant to this. Say you're an introvert amongst a sea of extroverts. Is there something wrong with you just because you're different from most others? Are you damaged in some way? Does it need to be fixed? Or is it just the way you are, and it's OK if you're a bit more different from everyone else?

My personal view is that, to a certain point, it depends on the individual. If you're a shy introvert, are you unhappy with that? If not, then as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong. Live your life as you are, confident and secure in yourself, and be happy. But if you feel that something is wrong, every day is filled with pain, you're unhappy, then there is a problem that should be addressed.

(I said "up to a point" because there are some people with chemical imbalances severe enough that it's not a question of individuality: these people are non-functional. Many homeless people (but not all) suffer from issues like this, and there are countless others who would be homeless or dead if it weren't for a family unit or other support system caring for them. Medications have the potential to give these people their lives back.)
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 10:35   Link #70
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: ESTJ, the “Overseer

Extroversion: 70%
Sensing: 65%
Thinking: 100%
Judging: 65%

Quote:
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESTJ.html

As an ESTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

ESTJs are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest.
Carry on, citizen. As you will.
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 10:58   Link #71
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't really see how feeling energized among other people relates to feeling like you're a savior to others (the messiah complex). As I understand it, extroverts feel bored and uninspired when they're alone, and the opposite when they are with other people. Humans are a social species; while variation among individuals is to be expected, wanting to be around and interact with others is certainly not unusual.

Introversion itself is not a psychological or psychiatric disorder, but the behaviors may indicate one. If it's psychological, then psychotherapy and introspection are the way to go.
I was being sarcastic.

Quote:
Was a person abused (trust issues)? Did they suffer a social traumatic event or some negative experience? Do they fear that everyone thinks badly of them, even if they haven't done anything? Do they feel that they have nothing to offer others? Do they find others intimidating? Those are some large (and more obvious) potential psychological causes behind introverted behavior.

Does a person not have interest in others? Do they regard others in the same manner that they would an animal or inanimate object? Do they feel that socializing isn't worth it? These could potentially be signs of a psychiatric disorder, a chemical imbalance that would be treated with pharmaceutical therapy and psychotherapy.
Questions are : Does society need to care? Is outcasting a self-made decision or one that is enforced?

Most of these "introversion" deemed to be a psychological state is a problem. There are many programmers who don't care what others do, they just want to find bugs and build the perfect program. Of course, their behaviour is deemed as crazy, but they get better work done than the others.

So, are those "societal norms" the problem instead? If that is so, shouldn't we destroy society and rebuild it to be more accepting of people who think differently? Why must we constantly seek to destroy "introverted behaviour"?

Quote:
As I mentioned before, there's a bit of an ethical (or philosophical) slant to this. Say you're an introvert amongst a sea of extroverts. Is there something wrong with you just because you're different from most others? Are you damaged in some way? Does it need to be fixed? Or is it just the way you are, and it's OK if you're a bit more different from everyone else?
I always like to say this : It is either the rest of society is crazy or you are crazy. Of course, if you think logically, there is a possibility that everyone is crazy; it is a matter of perspective.

I never discovered that I have mild dyslexia until I was around 20+, where a military doctor wrote down his suspicions in my report. So for the past 20 years, I was bashed up, both physically and verbally, by peers and teachers who think that I am mentally retarded. Technically speaking, I am because I fall under the category of mentally handicap. Combined with trauma from this, I become mroe inclined to introversion. So there is something wrong with me because of experience?

So is there something wrong with society for outcasting people who think differently? I don't know, I wait for strife and conflict and see who's left, Darwin, unfortunately, has always been right that the undercurrent of every society is based on survival of the fittest, so when legal precedents based on tolerance and human rights break down, it becomes a dog-eat-dog world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: ESTJ, the “Overseer

Extroversion: 70%
Sensing: 65%
Thinking: 100%
Judging: 65%

Carry on, citizen. As you will.
How to annoy an ESTJ :

- Repeat yourself : When something presented is a fact, use "that doesn't change the fact that...." when he tries to bring an argument in.

- Talk about possibilities : Sometimes TJ type people cannot stand anything that is "out of reality". Show possibilities, have a general plan, and irritate them because they feel bad that they can't see (of course they can't. They are judging types with a thinking base.).

- Lock them out : Without information, these insta-idea factories lock up. They can't talk without anything back them as they are more rational than the other extroverted sensing types, though much less than the ENTP or ENTJ (though they are alot more human than these two). Keep them out of the loop, and see their faces change.

Am I right?

In fact, ESTJ are usually what INTJs and INTPs would see as "competent leaders" because they are not only good at talking logic, they are inherently human in the way they present it too, unlike ENTJs who go straight to the point and proceed to bash others six-feet under.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-02-20 at 11:12.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 11:23   Link #72
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Many Ts here it seems...must be the way people are trained
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 13:36   Link #73
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Yes, I think there's a preponderance of IXTX people on this board, and very few EXFX.

Someone more intelligent then me might be able to read something into that.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 14:15   Link #74
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: ESTJ, the “Overseer

Extroversion: 70%
Sensing: 65%
Thinking: 100%
Judging: 65%



Carry on, citizen. As you will.
We got an extrovert here, woop
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:27   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Yes, I think there's a preponderance of IXTX people on this board, and very few EXFX.

Someone more intelligent then me might be able to read something into that.
Or IXFX and EXTX


Of course, otaku are usually introverts at heart but I'm surprised so many would be the thinking rather than the "by heart" people
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:12   Link #76
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, and I was still wondering if there were more cool INTP anime characters that I can associate with.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 02:42   Link #77
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Madoka is ENFJ
Madoka Kaname, huh? One of the best characters I could think of to share a personality type with.

Extroversion: 60%
iNtutitive: 70%
Feeling: 75%
Judging: 70%
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 07:22   Link #78
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
I just remembered one of my most hated things as an introvert that is commonly seen in society of today: Group Job Interviews.

I dislike interrupting people. I dislike talking loudly. I don't really speak up either (though I'm working on that). So put me and 5 other chatterboxes in a group interview and I stand no chance. And as a simulation of "how people function in a group", which seems to be a common argument for this type of interview, it's a god damn useless waste of time.

Anyone with bad/good experiences with these?
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 08:45   Link #79
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
I dislike interrupting people. I dislike talking loudly. I don't really speak up either (though I'm working on that). So put me and 5 other chatterboxes in a group interview and I stand no chance. And as a simulation of "how people function in a group", which seems to be a common argument for this type of interview, it's a god damn useless waste of time.

Anyone with bad/good experiences with these?
I don't think that anyone likes group interviews, or anything where you're graded against your peers in a setting based around talking. People are practically forced to become competitive, needing to get the first words and first good ideas. To top it off, despite the competitive nature of the process, you're also forced to be professionally cooperative and respectful.

It's all about your mindset with those types of situations. You need to go in with the idea that this will be mostly about you: that you are a worthwhile person; that you have good things to contribute (and thus that everyone should hear them); and that nobody else's opinion matters (except for anyone grading you). It's sounds extreme, but it's really about balancing yourself. You're likely the type of person who is respectful of others, values their input, likes to think things through, and questions yourself. Push yourself in the opposite direction, and you'll likely be at least on equal footing with others.

Group dynamic situations can roughly be boiled down into a pecking order. The order can be established in a number of ways, but in a professional environment where people have just met, charisma and confidence are the only things that matter. Even if you're wrong people will look to you, follow you, and give you way if you have demonstrated a confident, charismatic persona to them. (I think we've all seen examples of this; interestingly, I've heard of psychological studies that also demonstrated it.) Competency and value of contributions are things that are generally established over a longer period of time.

A large part of being confident and charismatic deals with what's going on inside of your head. You can help yourself to establish a dominant position with some physical things as well, though. I'm not talking about personal styling (which contributes), but even something as simple as seating position. Unless you're positioned in a circle, sit at the center of the group (or front and center) and you are in a position that makes it easier to take control of conversation. Dominant positioning.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 08:48   Link #80
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
I just remembered one of my most hated things as an introvert that is commonly seen in society of today: Group Job Interviews.

I dislike interrupting people. I dislike talking loudly. I don't really speak up either (though I'm working on that). So put me and 5 other chatterboxes in a group interview and I stand no chance. And as a simulation of "how people function in a group", which seems to be a common argument for this type of interview, it's a god damn useless waste of time.

Anyone with bad/good experiences with these?
Introvert here, but when I do group interviews and stuff I do ok/well. I have to leave my comfort zone a bit but I will talk up a storm and smile like crazy as long as I'm not BSing too hard (I'm afraid on getting called out on it).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.