AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2006-01-13, 13:59   Link #121
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
@ Slade ooOooo! That gave me goosebumps. It reminds me of a true scary story that happened while I was young to my dad. But this is the tell your dreams thread, not tell your scary story. ^_~ I don't think I could have slept after that either. >.<
That would actually make a nice thread me thinks.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:51   Link #122
Roughy
-?-

You can't handle my dreams...

...none of you can.

oddest "dream" ive had is probably during a night while i was tormented by insomia. I would fall asleep for a few sec and be awake for a few sec, back and forth like that all night.

so basically i was awake while dreaming, so instead of actually being in a dream, i started seeing dream stuff in my wake. Likes my headphones mysteriously walking around the room and my sister somehow managing to color my hair green white and red.

Eventually the clock clicked its way to 6am and i could walk away from it...
Roughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:32   Link #123
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Its bad luck to share your dreams ... you guys are in trouble with the ness of the world big time, bad bad people.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 12:05   Link #124
shiro83

Sometimes before I fall asleep (lying on the bed with eyes closed), I will somewhat dream of stepping into either a drain or a big hole and falling into it. The fear of falling makes me wide awake again.

Do you guys have experiences before sleeping like this?
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 12:16   Link #125
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroitenshi83
Sometimes before I fall asleep (lying on the bed with eyes closed), I will somewhat dream of stepping into either a drain or a big hole and falling into it. The fear of falling makes me wide awake again.

Do you guys have experiences before sleeping like this?
Yeah, I do. Sometimes it isn't even falling - it might just be a shocking situation that jolts me awake. I have the feeling in my chest as if something like falling had just happened afterwards.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 12:18   Link #126
Roughy
-?-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Yeah, I do. Sometimes it isn't even falling - it might just be a shocking situation that jolts me awake. I have the feeling in my chest as if something like falling had just happened afterwards.
ditto, happens all the time. Though i usually get hit by a train or a car.
Roughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 20:31   Link #127
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
Hm... Those i've talked to who take in more anime seem to have more stranger, vivid, and realistic dreams than those who do not. It is a theory I have that anime effects the area of the mind (or parts of the mind) that influnce what you dream.

Back-to-back, with every anime I watch, my dreams become more strange and realistic.

The latest strange dream I had involved a dark city where the sky slowly turned an odd orange as I got closer to a bus station... It was hard to see the actual buildings, but I could only see the lights. It was like moonside from Earthbound. When I reached the bus stop, it became hard to breathe, and then I woke up.

Very strange indeed.

| | |
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 09:29   Link #128
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughy
ditto, happens all the time. Though i usually get hit by a train or a car.
Im sure that happens to just about everyone, for me is always falling from some place or bumping against something on a road.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 09:37   Link #129
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I had a lot of dreams where I had long white wings on a dark rainy day. I loved having that dream. I wonder if it's lost sometimes.
Old 2006-01-16, 18:38   Link #130
TamaNeko

I had a weird dream last night. It was my little sister and some other girl trying to get what I think was my Ipod. I got so pissed at the other little girl that I punched her. Then I woke up and realized that I had punched the wall right next to my bed...and it hurts... I think this is the first time that I did something in reality that was in my dream...
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 05:48   Link #131
real folk blues..

i don't have dreams..is that weird as well?
Old 2006-01-17, 05:56   Link #132
BellaD

Latest dream was like this....felt as if someone was approaching me while sleeping and then I woke but my heart was beating fast and my body was trembling, t'was a freaky dream....very very freaky...and I mean freaky...really really freaky....did I mention it was freaky? because it was. Lol sorry, boredom makes me strange .
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 06:35   Link #133
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
yeah i get the same weird effect just before i fall asleep, as if ive tripped and my leg actually jolts, freakyness!

I guess i dream but i dont remember any of them when i wake up.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 08:34   Link #134
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I have amazingly vivid dreams every single night lately. My dreaming powers "leveled up" somehow after an accident I had when I was 14 which left me with a significant amount of brain damage. It's nice though, because my dreams are more entertaining than some movies.

I usually can only vividly recollect them if I recall them within 5 minutes of waking up, otherwise I'll forget most of what the dream is about. It's been 30 minutes for me this morning, but I'll try to remember as much as I can.

There was some resistance faction that was hiding away in a half cave/half sewer. The entrace was blocked by this big rock, which you needed some sort of password to get into. There was a young, ambitious woman in the group (early 20s), and one day several years ago they brought in a new guy. They didn't think that he was any different at first, but then they quickly learned that he had been cursed his whole life with "goat syndrome". It basically meant he was blind, partially deaf, and no sense of smell. Despite that, he somehow developed a sixth sense that determined changes in his surroundings (like a motion detector) so when the faction was attacked by paramilitary groups, he could dodge bullets and everything.

Back to the present, I think they were trying to rescue some girl from being house arrested. There was an outdoor pool area, and I remember that one of the assilants who fought back had the ability to call purple lightning strikes, so if you fell into the pool you were a dead man.

I honestly can't remember more than that right now, but it was a really interesting story about the goat man overcoming his disabilities and being perceived as normal by others.

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 08:39   Link #135
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
yeah i get the same weird effect just before i fall asleep, as if ive tripped and my leg actually jolts, freakyness!

I guess i dream but i dont remember any of them when i wake up.

Sorry for the double post, I didn't see this. A few times over the course of my life I've had the same dream. I'm suddenly riding my bike, no worries at all, then all the sudden something happens and WHAM, I fall off to one side. Now everytime I get to the WHAM part in that dream, I always fall off my bed just as it happens and get rudely awaken when I hit the floor.

It might be something subconcious, because I have fallen off a bike before and broke my collar bone and got pretty banged up. I also got hit by a car when I was riding a go-ped once, which nearly killed me when my unprotected head flew through the air with the rest of my body and slammed into a concrete sidewalk. Ouch.

Old 2006-01-17, 19:16   Link #136
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Crazy Crossover Dream Between Mahoraba and World Of Warcraft

I really should stop playing World Of Warcraft for a week or two.... not only has it taken over me waking hours, but my dreamwolrd like an electronic Freddy Kruger....

Deep in slumber last night, I was under the basement of the Narutakisou Appartments, in the middle of a warm, sentimental spring Night, going through an earth-floored tunnel towards a "secret dormitory" where romantic minded tenants through the years held chaste slumber parties with pillow fights, where the tatami and blankets are so soft and warm you could sleep all day in... Kozue-Chan my cutecute and VERY huggable landlady and childhood sweetheart was there too....

Anyways....

Sudden multi colored crystals appeared, not so bad.

But when a glove shaped cursor appeared out of nowhere, and when it moved over each crystal a "mining" timer appeared in mid air, I started to worry.

Making matters worse, when little Tarantulas, Funnelwebs and Redback spiders started coming out of every nook and cranny, with Hit Point
(Life Point) Counters
floating over thier eight eyed heads, I started shaking.

Thankfully, there was a plastic milk crate handy nearby, and I started swinging, and with each swing a "Skinning" cursor appeared over the formerly-spider paste....

Everything was going so well (hey, I was earning 500 XP a spider!!) when a tarantula with a Golden Dragon surrounding its portrait appeared...

A level 60 elite Tarantula stands between a fluffy pillow battle with Kozue-Chan. Not on my watch. :wink:

The first swing went well, as half a tarantula turned to paste. I was grinning when I FELT (it felt so real) the Tarantula PUSH THE MILK CRATE UPWARDS WITH THE STRENGTH OF A MAN that I realized it still had HALF A HITPOINT meter. At that exact moment a speech bubble appeared with a cute SD flashback of Tamami-Chan raising her hand in class saying "A Tarantula has the poportionate strength of ten men-desu!!" (Not exactly accurate, but its a dream so bear with it)

I pushed down harder and when I saw 1000XP float over the green and yellow striped gooish paste that I realized I could go on to the pillow fight.

Covered in dust, I opened the sliding paper door and was about to jump into the warm embrace of my teddy beared pajamaed cutecute sweetheart Kozue-Chan when....

....a message in the chat window said "Dream Reset in 2 seconds..."

...and I woke up.

Dammit!! When World Of Warcraft starts intruding on the cute romantic Harem-Anime dreams, its time to really log off....

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-18 at 01:27. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 19:34   Link #137
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

World of Warcraft is really addictive. I don't own it myself, but spent several hours at my friends house playing it. I still can't stop thinking about it! As for your dream...that's really creepy...
What would you do if you loved someone, loved them with all your heart like you never thought you could, and then one day realised they would never, ever feel the same way for you? If it were me, I would kill that person and then... I would kill myself.-Henrietta, Gunslinger Girl
triela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 20:38   Link #138
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
That didn't hurt as much than the dream were I was machine-gunned in the back. I have to be careful in my dreams because I actually get hurt in them and wake up with killer aches where the damage was done. That dream with the machine gun really made my day painful.

| | |
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 20:54   Link #139
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCoder
That didn't hurt as much than the dream were I was machine-gunned in the back. I have to be careful in my dreams because I actually get hurt in them and wake up with killer aches where the damage was done. That dream with the machine gun really made my day painful.

Neo: I thought you said it wasn't real?
Morpheus: Your mind makes it real.
Neo: If you die in the dream, do you die here too?
Morpheus: The body can not live without the mind.

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Old 2006-01-17, 21:34   Link #140
SasuraiHell

well, i dont have wierd dreams , they're so realistic it makes me sad they're so boring.

but my friend has stupid reocurring dreams of getting, puched,hit,kick, things dropped on, and even bit in the groin..thats extremely wierd not to mention awkward when he tells them..lol
SasuraiHell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams