AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-15, 04:58   Link #1
Animedude5555

Error message upon starting Magical Battle Arena:Complete Form

I get this error message whenever I try to start the game, after installing from an actual correct ISO dump (not from the unofficial 3rd-party released installer setup.exe, which clearly is unofficial because it is in English, is not from the original CD, and has a number of typos in it, and that seems to be floating around the net these days far more than the original ISO, which is quite common for 3rd-party-ware). When possible I always download an ISO if available. Well I finally found the rare, actual ISO file of the game. And I installed it from that, problem is, this is the error message I get when trying to run the game.

Note that I've not installed any of the official upgrade patches (like the 1.70+ update) yet. But these just add characters, not create usability. The game SHOULD be usable from the first install. And yes, I have downloaded the required file D3DX9_40.dll and put it into the game's folder (same folder that the game's EXE file is in). But this error I keep getting, I don't know what it is saying, because I can't read Japanese. And this message indeed pops up right after doubleclicking the EXE file to run it, and then when clicking the "ok" button, the game immediately closes. So this game appears to be completely unstartable, unless somebody here, who's got a good knowledge of the Japanese language can translate the above error message for me.
Animedude5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 07:37   Link #2
Animedude5555

For some strange reason, it did work after the update, but not before, and not until it was fully upgraded to version 1.70+ too (not just the partial update to version 1.69).
Animedude5555 is offline   Reply With Quote