AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 15 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-09, 10:02   Link #121
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah but her actions don't match what she said.

If she was fine with having friends in general why the lack of effort towards the other members of the club? You could say she's already getting along with them, but she's not the type to leave it as that- She wants that romantic idea of friendship/relationship like those in her eroge.
Why is she not the type to leave it at that?

Quote:
What this means is that if someone wants to be friends with her, but she if for whatever reasons finds them boring, she wouldn't give them the time of the day.
Boring? She classified girls in terms of who she gets along with, not who interests her. Even if they don't interest her she can get along with them fine. She's perfectly willing to pay for a ticket for Maria for example and generally enjoys pretty much any group activity so far.

As for the game, yeah but if you actually remember the reason she rejected her is because she didn't trust her. Where does that much mistrust come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Well, what's with the rhetoric that Yozora should respond to Sena then? Because Sena attempts at friendship with her typical oujou approach? Double standard much?
Where's the double standard?

Quote:
Does Yusai Aoi has an interest in Sena? Enough to speculate who she's dating? Well she certainly did not register a blip on Sena's radar.

Well to make friends you have to be open to the notion at least. Sena's in circular logic like religious conversion of an atheist: 'for me to believe in God, he must give me proof/evidence' and the response you get is: 'you must have faith then you'll see proof'.

Where does faith come before or after belief? Chicken or Egg?

I'm just offering my version of Sena's issue with friend making - there's no obvious social/economical or mental issue that prevents her, and she's social enough amongst the males. The difference is none of the females offered to get stepped on - therefore she's not getting a female following, and they are all bitches.
And how do you know she wasn't open? We already know she's open enough to join a club to learn how to make friends. All we know is that she has a bad relationship with her classmates and doesn't remember the names of girls she doesn't get along with. How have you come to the conclusion Sena wasn't open to the notion?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 11:49   Link #122
Megacrash Gr
Van!shment Th!s World!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ニューヨーク
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Yeah nosebleed episode . For a second episode in a row Sena has manage to throw Yozora off guard which I find it funny.
__________________
Sig by Mouretsu.
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 12:14   Link #123
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
The episode was awesome, I loved the realisation-reactions in it, hehe.
Waiting for next one!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 13:35   Link #124
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
One of my favorite episodes of the series. I knew about the engagement beforehand due to the novels, but it was handled really well in anime form and Yozora's reaction to the news was absolutely priceless.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 13:57   Link #125
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's normal to be mistrusting, but it's something else to reject them outright.

I mean come on, the girl was just being polite and introducing herself to the new transfer student- She's not trying to get her to sign over her life savings.


That's why I brought up that game. You may think it's just a game, but to Sena it's srs bsns, remember her reaction when she got the bad end?
In the game, both Sena and Yozora chose the exact same answers in response. They also both gave the same reason, which was mistrust. It also shows how similar in thought both girls are. As for the ending, both were upset, and it also shows in character how each reacted. Sena was crying, while Yozora wanted to go search and kill the "pollite" character that was spreading negative rumors.

So does this mean that both girls are at fault with their interactions with others? Or does it mean that they probably have good reasons for their reactions with other? I think it is a little of both.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 06:49   Link #126
lightsenshi
Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 43
I can't say that I'm horribly surprised how it's turning out. As much as I (and others) might wish otherwise, it's always been Sena who was going to end up with Kodaka. Because I know others are going to disagree (probably loudly), let me throw my opinion in your direction.

Yozora: The only thing she really had going for her was the 'childhood friend' card and that one actually kicked her in the groin. Not only is Sena also a childhood friend but an older childhood friend. Yozora's general lack of empathy is going to bite her in the behind over the long run, more so because she's NOT TRYING to do otherwise.
Rika: As much as I like Rika, she's entirely too eccentric. Rika will forever be the girl in the lab coat that no one really associates with outside of work.
Yukimura: You're kidding, right? She's already positioned herself as the subordinate and not going to be any position to have a romantic relationship.

My prediction is that Sena and Kodaka are going to end up married whether they like it or not. There's a formal contract for an arranged marriage already written up (and unless one or both of the thumbprints turns out NOT to be theirs, any protests are going to be tossed out) plus Pegasus-san has backed himself into a corner both socially and professionally by telling everyone about Sena's engagement.

Of course, I could be wrong....
__________________
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 06:54   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
^
I'm curious, where's Kodaka's opinion in all this?


And you can't actually be taking the marriage contract seriously right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 06:58   Link #128
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
To be honest I think it's pretty clear that the whole "Sena is also a childhood-friend and a fiancée" was meant more as a wake-up call to Yozora for development than it was as a flag raiser for Sena. This is basically the author's method of setting the aim for Yozora in order for her to develop, and it just seems highly unlikely that the story won't make Yozora achieve that aim eventually. I'd doubt this is the type of show that could end up as a dramatic tragedy. We can joke about that all we want but something like that is just completely against the tone of the show.

On a personal level though, I disagree with this whole competitive aspect of romance and in harem shows in general...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 07:33   Link #129
lightsenshi
Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And you can't actually be taking the marriage contract seriously right?
Actually, yes. It's a contract endorsed by both fathers and thumb-printed by both children. That's about as binding as it gets.
__________________
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:10   Link #130
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Actually, yes. It's a contract endorsed by both fathers and thumb-printed by both children. That's about as binding as it gets.
Because getting children to thumb-print something at that age is a challenge...
As legally binding as it may be, doubt anyone would go forward with it. Kodaka and Sena were far too young to remember (or even voice their honest thoughts on it) and Kodaka's dad didn't seem to remember, which leads us to think that

a) Both himself and Pegasus were pretty drunk when they came up with it
b) He thought of that as a joke and nothing more

I mean, come on. Using that contract would be nothing short of a bad end.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:15   Link #131
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Actually, yes. It's a contract endorsed by both fathers and thumb-printed by both children. That's about as binding as it gets.
Actually it shouldn't be binding at all :P

Marirages is and engagements are highly personal acts of law.

Leaves only the fingerprints:
Assuming they were younger than (probably 7) the contract is absolutely void, as neither of them was able to capable of contracting :P
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:22   Link #132
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Actually it shouldn't be binding at all :P

Marirages is and engagements are highly personal acts of law.

Leaves only the fingerprints:
Assuming they were younger than (probably 7) the contract is absolutely void, as neither of them was able to capable of contracting :P
Yeah, but you forget the unwritten law, rich families when serious about the whole arranged marriage thing will disown their progeny and throw them out of the house and make sure no one lends them a hand (or gives them a job), leaving them no other choice than move to another city where their families influence does not reach.
Of course pegasus would never do that, but from what I remember when I asked my Japanese teacher, going against family decree is still a grave sin in modern japan.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:30   Link #133
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Yeah but it seems very clear that Kodaka and Sena are under no such pressure.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:04   Link #134
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah but it seems very clear that Kodaka and Sena are under no such pressure.
But lets not forget pegasus is young and does not look like the kind of man that built a huge fortune with his hard work and wits, so there is a chance that pegasus father is still alive and he is ATM the real owner of the Kashiwazaki family fortune and that he is the one behind the arranged marriage idea. This of course is mere speculation, but with Japan having one of the top five highest life expectancy in the world, it might be that far fetched.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:59   Link #135
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 17:02   Link #136
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Yeah, but you forget the unwritten law, rich families when serious about the whole arranged marriage thing will disown their progeny and throw them out of the house and make sure no one lends them a hand (or gives them a job), leaving them no other choice than move to another city where their families influence does not reach.
Of course pegasus would never do that, but from what I remember when I asked my Japanese teacher, going against family decree is still a grave sin in modern japan.
She'd probably still have a right to her legal portion.
Grave sin or not, I somehow doubt that it counts as a moral conduct,which is most likely a requirement for disinheritage in Japan too. (really don't want to read through Jpan's inheritance laws again, so I will guess - worked last time too )
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 17:10   Link #137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Yeah, but you forget the unwritten law, rich families when serious about the whole arranged marriage thing will disown their progeny and throw them out of the house and make sure no one lends them a hand (or gives them a job), leaving them no other choice than move to another city where their families influence does not reach.
Of course pegasus would never do that, but from what I remember when I asked my Japanese teacher, going against family decree is still a grave sin in modern japan.
That'd just be a rich and powerful man's whim, not any kind of "law". Nothing to do with the contract, either.

Besides, Kodaka's a commoner - if Sena was going to be forced into a marriage for her family's sake, it'd be with a rich guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:38   Link #138
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
She'd probably still have a right to her legal portion.
Even if you are right, the inheritance will not be divided until the death of the head of the Kashiwazaki family, which can take years or even decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Besides, Kodaka's a commoner - if Sena was going to be forced into a marriage for her family's sake, it'd be with a rich guy.
We know next to nothing about Kodaka's dad, he might be an only son that was disinherited by his rich family which happens to be acquainted with the Kashiwazaki family.

I know all this is speculation, but lets not forget a few chapter ago how hilarious it was when Stella gave Kodaka a preservative, LN readers now know the true reason behind that decision. So now we saw pegasus all flustered running because Sena is not dating Kodaka, I would not be surprised if later on we learn he had a reason besides the usual "the guy is wonky up there".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:47   Link #139
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Wasn't it already revealed in season 1 that Kodaka's dad is an archaeologist working in America? That certainly isn't a job where you're paid a rich-man's salary.

Then again I don't think it was ever stated how the two fathers met and befriended one-another in the first place, but the most likely scenario is they've probably always been buddies since their school years.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 19:11   Link #140
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Regardless, Kodaka doesn't seem to have a job, yet we don't see him and Kobato struggling to make ends meet living on their own, so there seems to be some amount of wealth. Also do we know what their mother's profession was before she died? She might've been fairly well off.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.