AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 16:53   Link #21
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
Yep, the buxom blonde is called Five. She's an Utatai sister.

And yes she's an antagonist because I believe ZERO's goal is to kill all the other Utatai sisters... with perhaps the exception of ONE... although I'm not sure.
So would this make Zero a Villain Protagonist? Kinda like Caim except the guys Zero's fighting aren't necessary worse than her.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:12   Link #22
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So would this make Zero a Villain Protagonist? Kinda like Caim except the guys Zero's fighting aren't necessary worse than her.
Seems like it, because they say that Zero's personality is that a of lazy person mixed with a very violent nature.... kinda like a fat drunk wife-beater but in the form of a woman and much hotter.

Hell, it's the Drag-on Dragoon (Drakengard) series, of course it's gonna be fucked up, it's they're trademark.

Spoiler for Drakengard 1 spoilers:

Oh, by the way, found this nice little video, it's basically the same info I posted a couple of days ago but with a really sweet music.

DRAKENGARD 3 UPDATE + AMV

Last edited by SvenCalBayan; 2013-06-30 at 21:25. Reason: error
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:27   Link #23
Yorae_paladin1

actually some of those themes weren't that well hidden in US version just more subtle i immediately understood Furiaes bit and leonards seeing as that he just met the kid and is a little too friendly with him they did absolutely nothing to hide ariochs crazyness it would impossible without completely changing her character. drakengard 2 sadly wasn't anywhere near as fucked up
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:32   Link #24
SvenCalBayan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
actually some of those themes weren't that well hidden in US version just more subtle i immediately understood Furiaes bit and leonards seeing as that he just met the kid and is a little too friendly with him they did absolutely nothing to hide ariochs crazyness it would impossible without completely changing her character. drakengard 2 sadly wasn't anywhere near as fucked up
Drakengard 2 is like the kiddie version but with better mechanics... slightly better.

After Drakengard 3 on the PS3... cannot wait to see what they'll do on the PS4. I hope they go back to something NIER-related... or continue with the Drakengard series... hell, the PS4 could handle lots of enemies on screen and do it beautifully.

Last edited by SvenCalBayan; 2013-06-30 at 22:00.
Old 2013-06-30, 22:35   Link #25
shmaster
The Hades

BTW, any one following the current Drag-on Dragoon manga here?
The current development is as screwed up as it can be.

It also makes me wonder what is the time gap between DoD1 and DoD3.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 00:42   Link #26
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
BTW, any one following the current Drag-on Dragoon manga here?
The current development is as screwed up as it can be.

It also makes me wonder what is the time gap between DoD1 and DoD3.
I guess anyone knows at this point that the video game called NIER is also related to the Drag-on Dragoon (Drakengard) series... and NIER... well, "NIER Replicant" (the japanese version and true version IMO) is just as screwed-up as Drag-on Dragoon.

Spoiler for NIER Replicant spoiler:

As for the time gap between DoD 1 & DoD 3, well, apparently, DoD 3 is a prequel that happened way before the events in DoD 1.
Old 2013-07-01, 03:14   Link #27
shmaster
The Hades

Yeh, but I am wondering at the exact amount of the time.

If you are up to date on the manga, you'll find out that
Spoiler for DoD manga:
Old 2013-07-01, 04:09   Link #28
WhiteNight

Quote:
Yeh, but I am wondering at the exact amount of the time.

If you are up to date on the manga, you'll find out that
Spoiler for DoD manga:
Wait a minute, "he"? I thought One was a female. She's Zero's younger sister, isn't it?
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 04:47   Link #29
shmaster
The Hades

Knowing this is DoD, there are a lot of possibilities to explain why is that.
But, base on the information disclosed to us so far in the manga....
Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-01, 05:36   Link #30
WhiteNight

Quote:
Knowing this is DoD, there are a lot of possibilities to explain why is that.
But, base on the information disclosed to us so far in the manga....
Spoiler:
How do we know that he or she has a body of a man? I don't think we even know his or her age yet. Lol maybe it's just a very young female that haven't matured enough yet, thus why her torso looks like a male's lol.

Here's an in-game screenshot of One. You can definitely see that her torso definitely doesn't look male.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by WhiteNight; 2013-07-01 at 05:53.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 10:45   Link #31
shmaster
The Hades

We get to see One's upper body in the manga, which makes things pretty clear.
Also, One clearly does not age. Even in DoD3, Five, who is the youngest among th sisters, is physically older than One.
Old 2013-07-01, 11:22   Link #32
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

YouTube

*grasp*

The gameplay actually looks decent! Maybe this part of the series might actually be fun this time instead of merely passable. The visuals also look a lot better in motion then the earlier screens showed.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 11:44   Link #33
Xefi
Fridget Damsel
*Graphic Designer

^ nice. hopefully this game becomes SUPER bloody. i dont really mind if the graphic
looks dated (in-game) as long as it's fun to play.

Drakengard 3's Special Anniversary Edition if not posted already:
http://rpgfan.com/news/2013/1511.html
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:10   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
YouTube

*grasp*

The gameplay actually looks decent! Maybe this part of the series might actually be fun this time instead of merely passable. The visuals also look a lot better in motion then the earlier screens showed.
How can you say that? It's hardly shown! XD

it looks good tho, the CGI Looks a bit mixed up, look at the dragon and Zero at the end, they seem copy pasted from different graphics.
Old 2013-07-01, 14:49   Link #35
Siegel Clyne

Drakengard 3 Voice Acting Cast

Quote:
YouTube

*grasp*

My comment on the Siliconera article, "Drakengard 3′s First Trailer Shows Off Gory Gameplay Footage," regarding this video:

Quote:
Zero's voice actress, Maaya Uchida (age 23) is a young, super cute actress (Hiroyo Hakase in Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger) and voice actress, best known for doing young female roles in anime (e.g., Rikka Takanashi in Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai; Mao Amatsuka in GJ-bu; Rei Kuroki in Vividred Operation; Frenda Seivelun in Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S; Rea Sanka in Sankarea).

Uchida shows off her range here doing the voice of Zero, whose voice appears to be much lower and deeper than Uchida's natural speaking voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vor-tJZjrM

Versatile veteran voice actress Rie Tanaka (age 34) (Neptune/Purple Heart in the Neptunia game and anime series; Morrigan Aensland in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Project X Zone; Kan-E-Senna and Garuda in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn; Emina Hanaharu in Final Fantasy Type-0; Mitsuru Kirijō in Persona 3 and Persona 4 Arena; Sakuya Haibara in Fatal Frame 4; Karen Erra in Phantasy Star Universe; Karen Erra and Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable; Maribell Crois in The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki; Ciel in Rockman Zero/Mega Man Zero; Sylphie and Ki in Namco x Capcom; AC-130 FCO {Fire Control Officer} in the Japanese dub of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3; etc.) lends her voice to One.

Young voice actress Nao Tōyama (age 21) (e.g., Mizuki Kawashima in THE iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER; Noah in Eureka 7; Shiori Terashima in Zenki Sesshou Symphogear; Margot Knight in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon I ⅈ Kanon Nakagawa in The World God Only Knows anime series) voices Mikhail.

Seasoned veteran voice actors Mitsuki Saiga (age 40) voices Dito (another one of her numerous male bishounen/biseinen/ikemen roles), Kazuhiko Inoue (age 59) voices Decad, Chafūrin (age 51) voices Octa, and Ryōtarō Okiayu (age 43) voices Cent.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-07-01 at 20:10.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 17:21   Link #36
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
The CG look gorgeous but I know people will aim for the in-game graphics with heavy weaponry. Don't care about graphics myself as long as gameplay and atmosphere is on the level.
Old 2013-07-01, 22:25   Link #37
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

In the first place, no one should be expecting good gameplay from Drakengard.

I'm in for the insanity and suffering. Anything else is a bonus. :3

With that being said, it looks a lot less clunky than Drakengard 2.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:43   Link #38
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

What about the characters from the manga? Is Nero going to appear in the game?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:44   Link #39
SvenCalBayan

Wow, just seen the trailer.

I noticed a couple of shots in the trailer were Zero no longer has that flower in her eye. Did she pull it out ?
Old 2013-07-01, 23:55   Link #40
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In the first place, no one should be expecting good gameplay from Drakengard.

I'm in for the insanity and suffering. Anything else is a bonus. :3

With that being said, it looks a lot less clunky than Drakengard 2.
If Nier is anything to go by, at least it'll have better gameplay than either of the two Drakengards. I still wouldn't expect the game to look particularly good though - Cavia and ex-Cavia aren't exactly known for that. The sound design should be excellent though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
Wow, just seen the trailer.

I noticed a couple of shots in the trailer were Zero no longer has that flower in her eye. Did she pull it out ?
Maybe she doesn't start with it - I wouldn't expect major spoilers in a trailer. Caim was able to talk at the beginning of Drakengard after all.