AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-06, 18:30   Link #2181
Dop
We can't stop here...

I'm getting this growing feeling that this show could be turning into a tragedy before our very eyes.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 18:41   Link #2182
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Freebies:

LN Avatars:

Koko:

Chinami:
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art
Old 2014-03-06, 19:08   Link #2183
musouka

I think what's going on is pretty simple. Kouko has decided that--perhaps after seeing Chinami's footage--that's she's a roadblock to Banri's mental health. In said footage, he's rolling around, begging everyone not to tell Kouko about what's going on, obviously in anguish over the idea of hurting her. (Even if she didn't see the footage, the fact that he ran away and didn't come back for dinner makes it seem like he stood her up and avoided the issue entirely, so I could see Kouko blaming herself for trying to push him into something before he was ready in order to ease her mind.)

So, what's the best way to remove herself from Banri's life without causing him any more pain in the process? (To her), it's simple, right? You just act like a callous, cruel jerk who was using him for fun and was never invested in the relationship to begin with, therefore he'll get upset at her and think he's well rid of an asshole like that.

Really, I'll be less impressed with Banri if he lets such a ridiculously hare-brained--one might even say Kouko-esque--scheme keep them apart for any length of time.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 19:29   Link #2184
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

lol? No offense to Koko, but she's mentally incapable of being a schemer, as demonstrated throughout the whole series.
She's just an emotionally driven girl who's confused.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 20:11   Link #2185
HandofFate

wow. episode 21 was intense.

I liked the role reversal in the first half with Banri and Koko.
In the beginning, Koko was the emotionally unstable one, while Banri had skeletons in the closet, he was mostly under control, and tried to put up a strong front.

Now Banri is the emotionally unstable one, and Koko has to put up the strong front to protect Banri.

Chinami's confession was okay. Banri having another memoryjump was intense.
Didn't like that Yana still doesn't know what's going on, and just settled with "trying to support without knowing anything" It kind of hurts me that Yana despite his mostly good intentions thruout the whole series, is the most distanced from the rest of the characters. He knows the least of what's going on.

Nana pissed me off, she just keeps on smacking Banri without knowing what's going on, and acts like she's without any flaws.

Ouch @ Koko at the end.
I think she's doing it because she knows the conflict that is eating Banri's mind back and forth is his attachment to Koko. So instead of having him suffer, Koko thought it best for Banri to remove the attachment so he wouldn't suffer. Even at the cost of her heart.
Old 2014-03-06, 20:26   Link #2186
AP24

So the anime has finally reached vol 7's ending. At this point anime viewers can either find out how it will end by reading the final volume of the novel that is coming out tomorrow or wait 3 weeks to see it in the anime.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 00:29   Link #2187
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I think what's going on is pretty simple. Kouko has decided that--perhaps after seeing Chinami's footage--that's she's a roadblock to Banri's mental health. In said footage, he's rolling around, begging everyone not to tell Kouko about what's going on, obviously in anguish over the idea of hurting her. (Even if she didn't see the footage, the fact that he ran away and didn't come back for dinner makes it seem like he stood her up and avoided the issue entirely, so I could see Kouko blaming herself for trying to push him into something before he was ready in order to ease her mind.)

So, what's the best way to remove herself from Banri's life without causing him any more pain in the process? (To her), it's simple, right? You just act like a callous, cruel jerk who was using him for fun and was never invested in the relationship to begin with, therefore he'll get upset at her and think he's well rid of an asshole like that.

Really, I'll be less impressed with Banri if he lets such a ridiculously hare-brained--one might even say Kouko-esque--scheme keep them apart for any length of time.
That's definitely the main vibe I got out of Kouko's actions at the end of the episode. She wants what's best for Banri, and truly believes that confronting his past, and possibly becoming whole again, is the key to that. And his love and consideration for her is what's ultimately holding him back from doing that. Any chance of facing his past he'll continue to run away from so long as he's worried about her. Ultimately, she's placing his happiness well above her own, and even if she ends up alone and he goes back to Linda, she'll be fine with being the "bad guy" and not having someone she likely considers the true love of her life so long as Banri can live without always having to worry about his past.

I don't agree with it, though I can at least see why Kouko would do it, and I'll be extremely disappointed if Banri just lets her go like that. He knows the real Kouko, and he knows she wouldn't really have gone through all that they did as a couple and then just reject him and blame it on a stupid plan that she gave up on after episode four. Then again, with how badly his memories are effecting him, it's possible he might not have much choice .

Still, overall, it was nice seeing Kouko supporting Banri, both in telling him to face his past and not run away from it and by helping him finally open up to his friends about the past. With the lengths she's going to help Banri, even when he's partially against it, I'd hate to see her lose the person she loves, either because of what she's done now or because of Banri's memories .

I think Nana just enjoys hitting people. Though, admittedly, slapping someone is pretty much universally seen as the way to knock sense into people. At least in anime .

It was nice to see Chinami finally apologize for her actions in the episode, and confess to Banri what a lot of people had already guessed: that she likes Mitsuo and that her feelings for him, and the possibility that she may have completely lost her chance with him, have been making her act out. I just thought overall that the scene between her and Banri, before his memories started coming back, was pretty nice and powerful. I genuinely hope Chinami can end up happy by the end of the series .

Leave it to the team of Mitsuo and 2D-Kun to stop Banri in his tracks and leave him with a bloody nose. Seriously, these two are already practically their own OTP .

It was good to see Mitsuo and 2D, already kind of aware of Banri's "situation," promising to support him, the Banri that's in front of them at that very moment, no matter what. Even if they don't really have a clue exactly what's going on with him.

The preview gives off a surprisingly positive mood despite the last scene of the episode, so it'll be very interesting to see where things continue now that the anime staff is likely continuing the show based off of Takemiya's notes. I'm quite curious to see how Banri's memory problems will ultimately be handled and how what he recorded with Chinami might play a part.
Old 2014-03-07, 02:08   Link #2188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think Nana just enjoys hitting people. Though, admittedly, slapping someone is pretty much universally seen as the way to knock sense into people. At least in anime .
Not just anime:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2014-03-07 at 02:33.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 02:28   Link #2189
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
lol? No offense to Koko, but she's mentally incapable of being a schemer, as demonstrated throughout the whole series.
She's just an emotionally driven girl who's confused.
She might not be a brilliant puppet master or anything like that, but I'm sure she's capable of simple manipulation and deceit. musouka's idea seems pretty sound to me. It's true that Kouko is generally the 'what you see is what you get' type, but the ending to the episode was too out of character for there to be any sincerity behind it. Has to be a farce of some kind.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 02:37   Link #2190
Anime299

I think (hope) it's just another dream sequence and he'll wake up in the middle of the night screaming or something. There's no change in the ED, and it just doesn't make sense to abandon him.
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 02:48   Link #2191
chsz77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think she's doing it because she knows the conflict that is eating Banri's mind back and forth is his attachment to Koko. So instead of having him suffer, Koko thought it best for Banri to remove the attachment so he wouldn't suffer. Even at the cost of her heart.
It would be very mean of her if she actually knew what was going on and still decided to leave him.
Banri needs her. He thought she was his only hope for staying in the world. Kouko is his salvation. But she left him. Even after she said to love all of him, promised to stay with him forever and save him. It is so cruel.

the conflict that is eating Banri's mind back and forth is his attachment to Linda not Kouko.

Well, at least Banri still has Linda. Everything will gonna be alright.
chsz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 03:48   Link #2192
LUCIF3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I'm getting this growing feeling that this show could be turning into a tragedy before our very eyes.
This show is already a tragedy, to me at least.
LUCIF3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 06:07   Link #2193
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Everything is falling apart... Why do you have to rub salt on Banri's mental wounds, Kouko? It's going to get worse!
Old 2014-03-07, 08:52   Link #2194
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsz77 View Post
It would be very mean of her if she actually knew what was going on and still decided to leave him.
Banri needs her. He thought she was his only hope for staying in the world. Kouko is his salvation. But she left him. Even after she said to love all of him, promised to stay with him forever and save him. It is so cruel.

the conflict that is eating Banri's mind back and forth is his attachment to Linda not Kouko.

Well, at least Banri still has Linda. Everything will gonna be alright.
Linda's attachment was resolved already. evidenced from when banri and linda were able to speak candidly without any tension or regrets finally on the bench. And the ghost banri being settled and falling off the bridge.

Right now, its the attachment to Kouko that's bringing conflict now. Like the past 3 outbreaks, he was able to come back only from remembering Kouko. He's only calling Linda for help because that's what the past self was like, and also the only named character both he and the audience knows to bring up.

If Kouko wasn't there, Banri would have fully lapsed back into the banri frozen in time. Even though we see that the current banri doesn't want that, Kouko might think its better for it to happen one way or the other. "Maybe it was just meant to be"

If so, let it happen cleanly, instead of making Banri suffer during the transition.
Old 2014-03-07, 09:03   Link #2195
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Even though we see that the current banri doesn't want that, Kouko might think its better for it to happen one way or the other. "Maybe it was just meant to be"
This is a plausible explanation, especially when combined with Kouko finding the pills in the beginning and hearing of Banri running away near the end. She already knows that he regularly takes medicine without them keeping his mental state at bay. So she tries to help him by reassuring him that everything will be okay, she will be there for him etc. Then she has to hear from Chinami that Banri ran away, despite what they planned and agreed on (and she certainly knows what this means) which pushes her over the edge. And we should not forget, while we know that mentioning Kouko pulls him back, she doesn't. Both times Kouko was not present and nobody told her of it. So perhaps she thinks that it is only a matter of time.
Old 2014-03-07, 09:07   Link #2196
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
And we should not forget, while we know that mentioning Kouko pulls him back, she doesn't. Both times Kouko was not present and nobody told her of it. So perhaps she thinks that it is only a matter of time.
Very good point!
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 16:18   Link #2197
Houreki
more reader than writer

I have to say that this is the first episode that makes me wonder what is going to happen next. but then I saw the preview and that feeling dissapeared when I saw them happy.

idk why he couldn't tell to mitsuo about the accident and his problem with his memory, he is probably the first friend he got after loosing the memory, even 2D-kun knows more about banri than Mitsuo. Also he was already sure to tell everyone about that but at the end he didn't say anything.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:01   Link #2198
SuitUp
DEP, Vuela Saeta!

It's rather depressing to watch Banri as he goes trough a psycothic episode, and it left me wondering, why is it that when he get's all his memories, he get's lost and forgets the present? I mean, even Ghost Banri was aware of how much time had passed..
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 21:14   Link #2199
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I'm not sure Kouko leaving Banri was a real scene. It might have just been him imagining it. Us not seeing her eyes, and her little smile, were both clues this might be the case.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 21:14   Link #2200
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
It's rather depressing to watch Banri as he goes trough a psycothic episode, and it left me wondering, why is it that when he get's all his memories, he get's lost and forgets the present? I mean, even Ghost Banri was aware of how much time had passed..
Just a theory, but it might be because Ghost Banri was a part of Banri's sub-conscious, meant to represent his lost memories and ultimately meant to steer him towards regaining them. Now that he's getting them back naturally, albeit haphazardly, Ghost Banri is no longer needed.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen