AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-28, 13:41   Link #481
Iron Maw
Eating. Serious Business.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Whoa, that looks like offical promo art.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 22:45   Link #482
velvet nightmare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
well at least they tried to make an effort to make the first boss seem less cookie cutter - 'this guy is obviously evil so we have to fight him' and gave him a cause to fight for at least.

might as well keep watching this. always good to have a filler show to watch about an OP main character, and having a harem doesn't hurt either.
__________________
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 03:57   Link #483
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
WHY IS SHE SO GODDAMN CUTE AND LOVABLE???

WHY??? IT SHOULD BE A GODDAMN CRIME TO MAKE HER SO... SO...

*deep breath*

I almost died a couple of times squealing like a little girl.

Cheers
I gave up. Initially I felt wrong for watching this show mainly because of Yukina. Although I now watch this show not just because of Yukina, if it really is just for Yukina, I don't care. I will still watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I found hilarious that Yukina is more skilled with hand to hand magic combat than using her spear , she pulled out a Bruce Lee.
Spoiler for Light Novel Volume 1 Prologue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Wow. That's... really good!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 08:32   Link #484
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
She is not bad with a spear it is just they are not great close in fighting weapons and so far everthing she has fought has been able to stay close in on her.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:26   Link #485
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just watched Episode 4.

Not a fan of how Kojo can regenerate from an actual decapitation. I'm generally not a fan of protagonists that are this hard to kill, as it often makes their action scenes much less intense, imo.

However, that's my only major complaint.


Yukina is a very likable, attractive, cute, and sensuous female lead. She has such an amazing blend of amusing and endearing character characteristics and traits. Her odd background notwithstanding, she's like the Girl Next Door type taken to its total pinnacle.

Kojo is a solid male lead. Just perverted enough to create some nice, sensuous scenes between him and Yukina. Also a guy with a good mix of thoughtful and hot-blooded.

The two leads continue to make up for the various weaknesses in this show. As along as I like them and their interactions, this should be a good keeper.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 06:56   Link #486
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
some may say that making the main girl so "sensuous" as RRR puts it detracts from the plot but i honestly can see why she's made that way. It actually contributes to the overall plot of them falling in love.

It's not just some generic anime bs where everything is always hinted at but it actually happens because the word of god said so.

I'm happy because of this. Sensuous female lead with actual romancing is a win win, blood sucking included or not.

Cheers
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:11   Link #487
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
some may say that making the main girl so "sensuous" as RRR puts it detracts from the plot but i honestly can see why she's made that way. It actually contributes to the overall plot of them falling in love.
Agreed. It's very easy to imagine Kojo and Yukina ending up in a serious romance given their chemistry in the first four episodes.

I like how this is a pairing where the default position for both of them is to be friendly and nice to the other one. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a romance where the girl is typically tsun-tsun, and/or the guy is overwhelmingly shy and flustered.

I went with the term "sensuous", by the way, because that's my go-to-term for "sex appeal but with a touch of class/tastefulness". This feels more respectful to the female lead than a lot of ecchi-fanservice is.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:21   Link #488
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
some may say that making the main girl so "sensuous" as RRR puts it detracts from the plot but i honestly can see why she's made that way. It actually contributes to the overall plot of them falling in love.

It's not just some generic anime bs where everything is always hinted at but it actually happens because the word of god said so.

I'm happy because of this. Sensuous female lead with actual romancing is a win win, blood sucking included or not.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. It's very easy to imagine Kojo and Yukina ending up in a serious romance given their chemistry in the first four episodes.

I like how this is a pairing where the default position for both of them is to be friendly and nice to the other one. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a romance where the girl is typically tsun-tsun, and/or the guy is overwhelmingly shy and flustered.

I went with the term "sensuous", by the way, because that's my go-to-term for "sex appeal but with a touch of class/tastefulness". This feels more respectful to the female lead than a lot of ecchi-fanservice is.
Some people have complained that, compared to the other heroines that will make their debut, Yukina is the most boring heroine, but there's just something about her that makes her the best one.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:34   Link #489
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
^ To start, she doesn't act like a typical female heroine who smacks the male MC when he catches a glimpse of her pantsu, and she doesn't call the MC "BAKA HENTAI SHINE~!".
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.

Spring 2015: Gintama (2015), Hibike! Euphonium, Shokugeki no Souma, High School DxD BorN, Oregairu Zoku, and Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 224. Plan to watch: 40.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:37   Link #490
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ To start, she doesn't act like a typical female heroine who smacks the male MC when he catches a glimpse of her pantsu, and she doesn't call the MC "BAKA HENTAI SHINE~!".
Well, yes there's that, but I was referring to how her personality doesn't stand out in any way.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:58   Link #491
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Some people have complained that, compared to the other heroines that will make their debut, Yukina is the most boring heroine, but there's just something about her that makes her the best one.
She's boring because she is the most calm and collected? oh come on. Just because he doesn't shoot bullets, whips you or shoot lightning she is boring. She is one most reasonable heroine now a days. She gets angry but won't go ballistic. She is willing to hear the reason of Kujou and most of all she is sub subservient type. Maybe because she was trained as a weapon or follow orders but at least she won't cost trouble.

She might be plain. But plain and simple is the best. Minato of p3 would agree with me
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 09:01   Link #492
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
She does stand out in a completely normal fashion. She does not have any mental disorders like most anime girls and instead acts like a normal girl of her age. That is what I find totally endearing and lovable. She is just a little girl, the writer shows us that.

A kinda mature girl. But she isn't shown to be like the rest of the anime girls and stuff.

She stands out because she doesn't.

Or to quote rider from f/z. "I am perfect because I'm not in perfect condition"

Cheers
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 09:23   Link #493
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
She does stand out in a completely normal fashion. She does not have any mental disorders like most anime girls and instead acts like a normal girl of her age. That is what I find totally endearing and lovable. She is just a little girl, the writer shows us that.

A kinda mature girl. But she isn't shown to be like the rest of the anime girls and stuff.

She stands out because she doesn't.

Or to quote rider from f/z. "I am perfect because I'm not in perfect condition"

Cheers

This pretty much. Disregarding her upbringing, she acts like a pretty normal teenage girl who doesn't become overly hotheaded. I really like Yukina a lot. I can't say the same for Kujou's other female friend right now. Tearing up his homework..really?!
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 09:38   Link #494
Iron Maw
Eating. Serious Business.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ To start, she doesn't act like a typical female heroine who smacks the male MC when he catches a glimpse of her pantsu, and she doesn't call the MC "BAKA HENTAI SHINE~!".
Actually she did exactly that in episode 1 and wouldn't even listen Kojou's explanation about it. So she has some traits of "typical female" heroine as you say. That said, I think Yukina's more frank personality comes from the fact she was raised weapon for Simba.org. Under most circumstances she just views stuff as part of her mission which makes her somewhat "stiff" compared to others. Unfortunately this also makes her to unware of certain social norms and can easily lead to her being taken advantage of.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 17:35   Link #495
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Something I found in [insert un-nameable blog's name] which I found totally interesting and alluring.

Spoiler for NSFW:


I think we can all agree that she's the best female lead this season. (?????)

Cheers
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 18:26   Link #496
mangatron
Boobzai!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Something I found in [insert un-nameable blog's name] which I found totally interesting and alluring.

Spoiler for NSFW:


I think we can all agree that she's the best female lead this season. (?????)

Cheers
STRIKE THE NOSEBLOOD

NSFW
clearer version
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Up, down, so big and round :P
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 02:09   Link #497
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
"Eh: You hurt her, she lost a little blood, it was a "safe-day" and the tests came back negative?"

That "mixed messages" scene in Episode 4 was a side-splitter!!
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 04:30   Link #498
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Return of The Comeback
The only thing that's lacking in that feisty pic of Yukina is Kojou sleeping sleeping beside her; and his half naked.

Now that's the perfect view in the morning.

Since he has the power to turn into mist, then he can slip through to her apartment during the night. And that's how you use your powers Kojou.

Believe it.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 05:49   Link #499
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
While I understand that normal girl is welcomed change from all tsunderes and co, personaly I can't say normality is something that great, it means her personality doesn't realy stand out. So I don't have problem say I found her far uninteresting compared to Asagi or that archer chick who despite not making any appearence yet is totaly my type.

Also I think even "normal" characters can be more distinguish than this.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 11:29   Link #500
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
We're not saying that she's "normal" we're saying that her reactions and trains of thoughts are on par to a girl of her age and real life.

She isn't the mental trainwreck some girls are, nor is she a stupid "baka, *sideways glance*" kind of girl.

She reacts REALLISTICALLY (as realistic as can be on an anime with vampires and 16 year old mages) and that's what makes me love her.

cheers
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
supernatural, vampires

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.