AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-20, 18:56   Link #1081
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
ah woooooow.... al-mainas-mercury..... doesn't look that imposing >_> I like the fan art more.... and it should create a distortion on the dimension where it was summon on massive scale <_< they really under powered its power in terms of appearance and how they showcase it.

Watching it without knowledge of the source material helps. Though they sure make the battle at the end fast... and anti-climatic. Specially the ability of La Follia. I didn't understand it fully.

The villains are shallow again... so far. Unimpressive.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:17   Link #1082
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Images
This has got to stop
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That and "this our fight". -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Spoiler for EDIT:
Please don't leave I enjoy your suffering posts here. Seriously though, if things are that bad then I'm glad I didn't read much of source before I watched the adaptation.

On the episode itself, more or less the end of another StB arc, new harem member, new familiar and another set of randomly defeated foes. Really formulaic (kinda of like a videogame at this point), but hey that's just the bar it's decided set for itself. I'll roll with it as I have been doing.

I am amused at how the fang action is more intense then the actual fights though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
This thing about panties escalated too much.


Japanese otakus were making various versions of Yukina's panties too...
You can't really blame the watchers for that. This is how anime has chosen present and market StB. Even the fanart on pixiv is filled with nothing but the female characters in highly suggestive poses because this show is so sexualized.

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-30 at 12:35.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:25   Link #1083
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
The observer/observation/observe is Yukina's catchphrase/excuse it won't go away that easily (or at all)
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:28   Link #1084
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I know, but damn is ever getting annoying. I wish the show come up with new ways to make excuses for her feelings.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:37   Link #1085
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I know, but damn is ever getting annoying. I wish the show come up with new ways to make excuses for her feelings.
I understand. Its also annoying when Kujou start saying its his fight but got attacked and got blocked by yukina and she start saying its our fight.... it got >_> rusted already when I saw it for the second time and now its kinda annoying for the third time.

but the observer/observation/observe is still funny as an excuse for her to stay by his side. So I'm fine with it.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:56   Link #1086
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The observer/observation/observe is Yukina's catchphrase/excuse it won't go away that easily (or at all)
Where Yukina requires an excuse to stay close, all La Folia has to do is use her leverage as princess and she's sitting pretty in Kojou's lap.

She should abuse her power more often.
__________________
Phoenix6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:56   Link #1087
Ougon
観測者ー知識を重ねる者
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah woooooow.... al-mainas-mercury..... doesn't look that imposing >_> I like the fan art more.... and it should create a distortion on the dimension where it was summon on massive scale <_< they really under powered its power in terms of appearance and how they showcase it.

Watching it without knowledge of the source material helps. Though they sure make the battle at the end fast... and anti-climatic. Specially the ability of La Follia. I didn't understand it fully.

The villains are shallow again... so far. Unimpressive.
My reaction when I first watched it.

Images
Reaction
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
同胞らーCosmic Eagle, Golden Lily, Kirayuki, and Shmaster

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanParkour
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:00   Link #1088
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Where Yukina requires an excuse to stay close, all La Folia has to do is use her leverage as princess and she's sitting pretty in Kojou's lap.

She should abuse her power more often.
She's a Princess! and princes/queen's order are absolute!! you should follow what Souji said in P4.

EDIT:

After re watching the scene.... ah... ah... I want to practice my batting skill on the artist head. Al-Meisan-Mercury.... WHY!!!!! it just look.... ugh
__________________


Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-12-20 at 20:13.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:30   Link #1089
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
And so comes another episode of Strike The Blood. Is Ougon suffering? Incredibly so. Are the girls still hot? Sure looDAMN! In the first minute! I knew Foli-rin wouldn't let me down, but wow!

Unfortunately, that's about the only thing that didn't let me down this time... seriously, I think it's pretty clear where the budget is going, and while there are worse ways to spend it, the supposedly big shots for the climax clearly got butchered in exchange. I mean, I love whenever the OP starts playing in any anime, but this wasn't a worthy occasion. Even Chaos;Head did it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I understand. Its also annoying when Kujou start saying its his fight but got attacked and got blocked by yukina and she start saying its our fight.... it got >_> rusted already when I saw it for the second time and now its kinda annoying for the third time.

but the observer/observation/observe is still funny as an excuse for her to stay by his side. So I'm fine with it.
Well, I'm starting to get annoyed by it already. Giving it a pass this time since the awesome princess did get it in the end, but I can see myself getting tired of this really soon.

Wait, third time!? I knew it happened before, in a VERY similar manner too , but three times already!? Ok, we get it, Yukina is the main girl, no need to smother us with the fact. Misao never needed so much focus

P.S: Despite my early comment, I do understand your pain, Ougon, and fear not, for at this rate I'll be taking your place when the mahouka anime comes around.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2013-12-20 at 20:49.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:48   Link #1090
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I know, but damn is ever getting annoying. I wish the show come up with new ways to make excuses for her feelings.
Well at least she reminds him "Bro, I got your back." which is more useful in a fight then "Honey, it's bedtime. ". We want her to be more honest with her feeling but maybe she's afraid of getting rejected by him.

Besides if she did become his official girlfriend, he prob wouldn't want her in danger. So she wouldn't be with him or able to observe him. She would then think that Simba.org would recall her.

She don't want to be rejected or recalled so she keeps that barrier going.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 21:03   Link #1091
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
P.S: Despite my early comment, I do understand your pain, Ougon, and fear not, for at this rate I'll be taking your place when the mahouka anime comes around.
ah mahouka... another hell. but that's done by madhouse if I remember it right. As long as its not been shown yet. There is hope. the manga did great on the tons of exposition.

Follirin did save the episode. Be at the beginning or the end. But I want to strike a homerun on Kujou for asking "that" on Asagi when there are other girls around.

IT SHOULD BE ASK IN PRIVATE!!!!

Darn, poor Asagi. Reset into zero though I can't blame her for denying it. Its kinda embarrassing with imouto and observer around
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 21:24   Link #1092
Ophis
Dragon God
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N ͩ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah mahouka... another hell. but that's done by madhouse if I remember it right. As long as its not been shown yet. There is hope. the manga did great on the tons of exposition.

Follirin did save the episode. Be at the beginning or the end. But I want to strike a homerun on Kujou for asking "that" on Asagi when there are other girls around.

IT SHOULD BE ASK IN PRIVATE!!!!

Darn, poor Asagi. Reset into zero though I can't blame her for denying it. Its kinda embarrassing with imouto and observer around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
P.S: Despite my early comment, I do understand your pain, Ougon, and fear not, for at this rate I'll be taking your place when the mahouka anime comes around.
ugh I dont even want to think about it. But what concerns me more is the adaptation of Blade Dance.

PS: La Folia saved the episode...scratch that, she saved the entire arc. But the fight looked so freaking lame
__________________
I, appear from the closet. Ehem.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 21:45   Link #1093
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Blade dance.... I probably won't find it troublesome even if they infest it with fan service. As long as claire is in control and won't go out of control.

I HAVE LITTLE PATIENCE FOR TSUNDERE!!!!!

The thing that interest me is what that old man said that there should be 3 shinsou. Are the 3 Shinsou set in stone? and what kind of threat does the old man mean?

as the state of things. I wonder how many bloods he needed to awaken the 2nd and first kenjuu. i bet he need all the girls for the first kenjuu
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 22:17   Link #1094
Ougon
観測者ー知識を重ねる者
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Spoiler for Lazy Traslation for about less than 10% of the content that was butchered in this episode:


There may be some typos as I translated this hastefully.

Edit: PS: Just saw the subbed version by Horrible Subs, they translated Al-Meissa-Mercury as Al-Maisan-Mercury, while the correct translation for that is Al-Meissa-Mercury. Just wanted to point that out.
__________________
同胞らーCosmic Eagle, Golden Lily, Kirayuki, and Shmaster

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanParkour

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-12-20 at 22:43.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 22:32   Link #1095
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
The father was mentioned there!!!

Kujou declaring war against another country!!?
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 22:39   Link #1096
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Very enjoyable episode, for me. Yukina is my favorite, but the whole harem is good. And so is Koujou.

As for the "observer" line, I like it. I have confidence that things will eventually get more direct. But her feelings are pretty direct already, whether she quite realizes it or not. Nice job by Taneda Risa. And I liked the naive eagerness of Nagisa's breaking voice (Hidaka Rina).

The only thing I don't like is all the bitching -- in this and so many other threads -- about how the scenes aren't as good as the manga. Of course they aren't, that's how it almost always is. But they are highly enjoyable anyway. I just feel sorry for people whose enjoyment is spoiled by having seen the manga and not being able to let go of every little detail.

Now I'll try to shut up about that. People have the right to enjoy an anime in their own way, even if it is by complaining. But I can't help saying it gets me down.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:12   Link #1097
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The only thing I don't like is all the bitching -- in this and so many other threads -- about how the scenes aren't as good as the manga. Of course they aren't, that's how it almost always is. But they are highly enjoyable anyway. I just feel sorry for people whose enjoyment is spoiled by having seen the manga and not being able to let go of every little detail. .
I'm sort of one of those people which is pretty much the reason I've hardly read any source material for anime. When a person is reading a novel or a manga, the brain is filling in a lot of the detail that are typically missing due to the type of medium it is, so when the anime counterpart visually creates those detail, of course it won't match the feeling of expectation a reader achieved when he/she was reading the source material. The adaptation never/ever matches the first impression a reader came to gain. I remember how much I hated the first movie adaptation of Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity. My friends who didn't read the book told me I was just "bitching because I can." So yeah, I sympathize with the crowd who are bitching but at the same time they will need to understand their perspective isn't the only one out here on this medium. People that are watching this anime for the first time will certainly have a different outlook than the people who have read the source material.

Anyway, good episode!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:19   Link #1098
Ougon
観測者ー知識を重ねる者
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm sort of one of those people which is pretty much the reason I've hardly read any source material for anime. When a person is reading a novel or a manga, the brain is filling in a lot of the detail that are typically missing due to the type of medium it is, so when the anime counterpart visually creates those detail, of course it won't match the feeling of expectation a reader achieved when he/she was reading the source material. The adaptation never/ever matches the first impression a reader came to gain. I remember how much I hated the first movie adaptation of Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity. My friends who didn't read the book told me I was just "bitching because I can." So yeah, I sympathize with the crowd who are bitching but at the same time they will need to understand their perspective isn't the only one out here on this medium. People that are watching this anime for the first time will certainly have a different outlook than the people who have read the source material.

Anyway, good episode!
No man, seriously its not just about the butchering. Don't you feel something is awkward in between, here and there? I am not talking about the details, or how its not following the LN, just that something doesn't fit in there, and seems awkward at times.
__________________
同胞らーCosmic Eagle, Golden Lily, Kirayuki, and Shmaster

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanParkour
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:26   Link #1099
Ophis
Dragon God
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N ͩ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
No man, seriously its not just about the butchering. Don't you feel something is awkward in between, here and there? I am not talking about the details, or how its not following the LN, just that something doesn't fit in there, and seems awkward at times.
I have the same feeling and I did not read the novel
__________________
I, appear from the closet. Ehem.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:31   Link #1100
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Those guys who made this chart had well trained eyes .

__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
supernatural, vampires

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.