AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2014-12-18, 10:24   Link #1
nooneagain

A vanilla/romance manga needed

okay so I was reading a manga(shoujo) and I was totally shipping the 2 MC's but I was caught off guard when it turned into NTR(well not really because the series is not done yet), everything was cute(IMHO) until the girl's ex came along. so I wanted to kill my time with other mangas that doesn't contain love triangles or has ntr-esque feel into it, I wanted to check out some mangas for myself, but I don't want to fall in the same trap again(honestly if my fave character gets ntr'd, I feel ntr'd too XD yes I'm that shallow haha). I have nothing against ntr lovers, I just tend to avoid the sub-genre. Just wanted to see some vanilla-ish mangas so can you guys can recommend me some?again,just like my previous post, I would like it if it is Older girl younger boy as much as possible(yes. I'm into that XD)...
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 14:32   Link #2
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki
Haru x Kiyo
Itoshi no Karin
Itoshi no Kana

Here are some titles; from what I know, these manga only has the main ship thus far; no triangles, extra love interests or what-have-you. Unfortunately, they do not have the 'older woman, younger guy" aspect to them(can't think of any that aren't filled with drama). Itoshi no Kana has adult scenes, but its pretty heartwarming vanilla, and not really the focus(like a h-manga would).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 15:40   Link #3
jedinat
フリーター

Dear Mine
Gokusen
14-sai no Koi (side romance is female teacher/male student)
Kono Onee-san wa Fiction Desu!? (romance is only teased between the two main characters so far, but it's kind of the focus of the entire manga)

Anyways, those all have older female/younger male... edit: I reread that you didn't want triangles... so I removed Maison Ikkoku (though everything ends up satisfactorily and the triangle is never too heavy...). Also there's kinda a triangle or two in Kono Onee-san but nothing really serious.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 17:10   Link #4
Tenzen12

Here goes some realy sweet Vanillas:

Bonnouji
Inari Konkon, koi Irohaš
Horimiya
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Densha Otoko
Toshokan Sensou: Love & War
Yome Ga Kore Na Monde
Futari no Ecchi

Beware of diabetes!
Old 2014-12-27, 18:21   Link #5
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Tonari no kaibutsu kun, super vanilla, the problematic here is that neither of them knows how to deal with love, there are some love problems but that doesnt concern the mc's so everything is ok, and the end of the story is beatiful, another pro is that the art is really good
Old 2014-12-27, 21:38   Link #6
SamVision
"You look pretty good."

Tonari no kaibutsu kun is a shoujo manga that reads like a shounen romance. Very unique actually, the anime ended prematurely tho.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 23:04   Link #7
nooneagain

yeah thanks for your suggestions!
Old 2015-01-07, 20:57   Link #8
SamVision
"You look pretty good."

Found some tasty new ones:

Tsuru Tsuru to Zara Zara no Aida

7 Jikanme no Onpu
Old 2015-01-08, 19:35   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Inari Konkon, koi Iroha
Kimi Ni Todoke

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 20:00   Link #10
SamVision
"You look pretty good."

Quote:
Kimi Ni Todoke
Shoujo

Quote:
Inari Konkon, koi Iroha
The romance is spread a bit thin, and frequently consists of encounters rather than depiction of relationships.
Old 2015-01-09, 00:02   Link #11
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The OP seems to be fine with Shoujo, and wants a light and happy romance instead of a drama intensive one.

Plus I was thinking more of the second couple, which is an older woman and a young man.

Another one I'll suggest is Koi Dano Ai Dano

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 07:17   Link #12
AnimeFangirl

Really old shoujo manga, but a good one: Ten Yori mo, Hoshi Yori mo. Uhh... you can read Japanese, right?
Old 2015-01-09, 08:15   Link #13
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Really old shoujo manga, but a good one: Ten Yori mo, Hoshi Yori mo. Uhh... you can read Japanese, right?
oh haha not really
Old 2015-01-09, 15:27   Link #14
SamVision
"You look pretty good."

Quote:
Plus I was thinking more of the second couple, which is an older woman and a young man.
That one even more consists of encounters.
Old 2015-01-09, 16:15   Link #15
Mitcher
Ultimate Ojou

LAST GAME! is another one. Really slow regarding romance. They like each other, but the main female is too dense to notice this.

I'll suggest Ojousama wa Oyomesama too.
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 16:38   Link #16
SamVision
"You look pretty good."

Quote:
Ojousama wa Oyomesama
Oh nonono, you DO NOT want to read this one if you dislike shoujo with excessive drama. Weak female lead, huge NTR flags, selfish bishounens, almost-rape scenes, this one has it all.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:49   Link #17
AnimeFangirl

ANN just posted a review about a new manga called Love At Fourteen (link). They're the same age though.
Old 2015-01-13, 21:55   Link #18
Mitcher
Ultimate Ojou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
Oh nonono, you DO NOT want to read this one if you dislike shoujo with excessive drama. Weak female lead, huge NTR flags, selfish bishounens, almost-rape scenes, this one has it all.
Well now, I'll agree with the excessive drama. But Gokurakuin has gain some lead on her own and its not that idiot compared to the beginning.The "huge NTR flag"... where? From what I remember, there was nothing like that. The girl in love with the MC and the professor did nothing that agressive to name it as an "huge ntr flag", they manipulated them to a degree and thats all.

About the selfish part... in every manga I've read, there is always a selfish bishounen who acts conform his own desires. That's nothing new.

But hey, at least I liked the development. Though I readed it a long time ago, so I don't remember much.
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happy ending, older girl younger boy.., romance