AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-21, 14:32   Link #1021
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That only works if the writers know how to give enough focus to that normal life, and they obviously don't. That's why Miku felt totally irrelevant during this season. She only got some focus when she was using her gear. If the writers really wanted her to represent normal life, they're going backwards.
Hmm..I don't think so.

This is actually the advantage of mutiple season show,you know?

In the first season, we are already showed who is Miku and how important Miku is to Hibiki in the story.

In the second season, these facts still stand. Even they aren't directly show it, we know that Hibiki shares the room with Miku. We know they talk and sleep together everyday and everynight off-scene.

The second season story focus more on the battle which Miku can't take a part. Howerver, Miku is not less important here. She's still fulfill her role as Hibiki best friend.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:39   Link #1022
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Miku is not less important here. She's still fulfill her role as Hibiki best friend.
If it's an off-screen role, of course it's less important. This is entertainment media; how can the audience enjoy the Miku character if they don't give her any screen time and focus. Besides, we need to get emotionally invested on the idea of Miku as representation of normalcy if we're going to see her using her gear as a bad thing. As it is, we can't help to feel glad that Miku got a gear because that's the only time she got any screen time.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-09-21 at 15:05.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 16:04   Link #1023
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
What matter is that the importance of secondary character B is set on this series for main character A. Take Index series for example, Index isn't a main character but her importance as Touma's spiritual and mental support was set in stone since the begining of the series even if the authros keeps teasing us with new or more popular characters.

You just don't need to keep it throwing it at our faces or else it'll become annoying, tedious and boring.

And I actually don't like Miku any bit. So that says a lot from me.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 16:12   Link #1024
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
What matter is that the importance of secondary character B is set on this series for main character A.
A story doesn't work quite like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
And I actually don't like Miku any bit.
I could tell.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 17:24   Link #1025
DGDCOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 24
Let's hope something awesome will happen in the last episode for Hibiki and Miku. I wonder if Tsubasa can go back into her Symphogear 2.
__________________
DGDCOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:33   Link #1026
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
A story doesn't work quite like that.



I could tell.
I recall some popular which do that: Horizon series, Monogatari series, Strike the Blood series, Index series, SAO series, etc.


My guess is people just want the characters to be there for the sake of it so they can dream their shipping (lol) like DGDCOne does for example.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:40   Link #1027
Quester
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: France
Age: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to Quester
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
Let's hope something awesome will happen in the last episode for Hibiki and Miku. I wonder if Tsubasa can go back into her Symphogear 2.
Tsubasa switch gear to S1 version because the anti-linker didn't affect this version of the gear.
If the user used huge amount of power the anti-linker affect it and cause strain and affect synchronization with the gear ( S2 gear version are more powerfull than S1 Gear , the symphogear evolved with the phonic gain power of the user)
And so if the user used a low amount of power the anti-linker has no effect and the syncrhonization cause no strain to the user and he can fight Noise without problem
Quester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:42   Link #1028
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
My guess is people just want the characters to be there for the sake of....
No, that's not it. It's for the sake of good storytelling.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:44   Link #1029
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, that's not it. It's for the sake of good storytelling.
Then tell how Miku does help to do that?
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:14   Link #1030
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Then tell how Miku does help to do that?
I hate spoon-feeding but, let's see an example.

When Chris fights Miku she's all conflicted and shit because she doesn't want to harm the girl who saved her life. She tells so to the audience. She does it because we wouldn't even remember that otherwise, since it's something that happened in the first season. Now, if Chris had actually interacted with Miku during the second season, actually building a friendship with her and all, she wouldn't need to say anything during the fight; we would get what she feels implicitly, and it would be way more emotionally involving too. That's the old "show, don't tell" storytelling premise at work, which is always a plus.

I gave you just one example, but giving Miku more screen time a having her interact more with the main three would have definitely helped to improve the series in many ways (if handled properly, of course!!)
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:57   Link #1031
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I hate spoon-feeding but, let's see an example.

When Chris fights Miku she's all conflicted and shit because she doesn't want to harm the girl who saved her life. She tells so to the audience. She does it because we wouldn't even remember that otherwise, since it's something that happened in the first season. Now, if Chris had actually interacted with Miku during the second season, actually building a friendship with her and all, she wouldn't need to say anything during the fight; we would get what she feels implicitly, and it would be way more emotionally involving too. That's the old "show, don't tell" storytelling premise at work, which is always a plus.

I gave you just one example, but giving Miku more screen time a having her interact more with the main three would have definitely helped to improve the series in many ways (if handled properly, of course!!)
"If", that's keyword but all of the interaction you can pull is by fighting and by doing so you would have stripped Hibiki and dilemma from leaving Miku aside during that incident.

Also, they can't just repeat the guilt trip because 1. that was already done with Hibiki on Season 1 and this season and 2. pulling that on Chris would be out of character, she unlike Tsubasa or Hibiki is the least guilt driven character out of the main group, even more so against someone who is controlled. Of course she would be conflicted but not on a level that could make her waver.

Miku is Hibiki's part of her normal life, isn't necessary to make all the cast to be friends with each other.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:17   Link #1032
D-Joe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Mostly because not episodes,if this season have 2 cours it would way better

Still,staff did a pretty good job,just don't really like they make Maria like a clown after ep4
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:25   Link #1033
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
all of the interaction you can pull is by fighting
Not a at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Miku is Hibiki's part of her normal life, isn't necessary to make all the cast to be friends with each other.
The three girls are symphogear users, so they all could use some "normal life," especially Chris considering everything she's gone through.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:30   Link #1034
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Regardless it just goes to show that things always go badly for Maria. Just the ultimate low blow to actually get her gear stolen from her . "Don't give up on your life...but give up your symphogear" .

Ver just seems to have an amazing luck for always getting saved. I mean this guy is taking actions to get everyone killed and yet for some reason people keep getting in the way of him dying. Hibiki remember the whole arm getting eaten incident? Wouldn't hurt to just wait a couple seconds . Maria's already got enough guilt from letting Ver kill people so don't think she'll be any worse off having killed him.

Still the rest of it was pretty fun. Been a while since Chris got to do an armor purge. Good move as well by Tsubasa to get around that gas and still take care of the threat. Just a few nice little touches like getting another visit from the ghost of Kanade .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 06:24   Link #1035
NutShell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
after take over Maria gear now Hibiki will take over Frontier control from Ver (Ver using linker + nephilim cell to control frontier, but Nephilim eat hibiki arm so now she can control frontier via phonic gain + her eatern arm) and once again goddes madoka save humanity
Images
NSFW hope this happen in s3
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:15   Link #1036
DGDCOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Ver just seems to have an amazing luck for always getting saved. I mean this guy is taking actions to get everyone killed and yet for some reason people keep getting in the way of him dying. Hibiki remember the whole arm getting eaten incident? Wouldn't hurt to just wait a couple seconds . Maria's already got enough guilt from letting Ver kill people so don't think she'll be any worse off having killed him.
I agree with you. Ver is such a luckiest doctor in the series. He always got save from every pinch.
I'm having a strange feeling Ver is going to run from Biki and probably eat Nephlim heart to become a Nephlim himself.
__________________

Last edited by DGDCOne; 2013-09-22 at 08:39.
DGDCOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 12:38   Link #1037
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 30
this season probaly would of been awesome without ver........his just so one dimensional evil, everytime i see his craziness i just shake my head.

Heres hoping season 3 will have a decent villian

Wish Commies other staff was doing this, the ones that are doing this are either really fast or a week late so hard waiting and resisting the urge to watch the raw or visit this thread.........i lost! i read the spoilers lol
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 13:18   Link #1038
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
this season probaly would of been awesome without ver........his just so one dimensional evil, everytime i see his craziness i just shake my head.

Heres hoping season 3 will have a decent villian

Wish Commies other staff was doing this, the ones that are doing this are either really fast or a week late so hard waiting and resisting the urge to watch the raw or visit this thread.........i lost! i read the spoilers lol
Luckily at this point I've seen enough anime to be able to get through Raws without too much trouble.

Ver really did hijack things in a hurry. Also I had to chuckle a bit at this somewhat first meeting between Hibiki and Maria. Haven't really interacted all season (didn't really talk during the concert incident) and now suddenly Hibiki shows up and hijacks her Gungnir . Though I suppose if someone is going to scare Ver it's going to be Hibiki. Even with her symphogear it's not like Ver takes her at all seriously .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 13:34   Link #1039
Miraluka
Shigure too OP
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25



Nah, I can't hate him at all, its because Ver is that crazy that he makes others look good.

Btw, sometimes I feel he is being possed by some kind of devil spirit....Mmm, that could be material for a new season.

Sugita sure is having fun XD.
__________________

Yuusha-bu gokajo, hitooooootsu!!!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 04:31   Link #1040
DGDCOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 24
You guys, preview for episode 13 is out -
http://symphogear-g.com/story/next.php
__________________

Last edited by DGDCOne; 2013-09-24 at 05:22.
DGDCOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, badass girls, beautiful girls, cliffhangers, sequel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.