AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-07, 21:12   Link #101
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But all that aside, I'm not sure if it's reasonable to expect Kirino to totally change her way of dealing with her conflicting feelings. It's part of who she is. I certainly know by now that I'll never convince you or anyone else already-decided to appreciate it, all I'm saying is that there's a lot more going on there than your "no discernible reason" implies. People who keep waiting for Kirino to "become likeable" may very well never be satisfied.
Well to clarify...

You're basically telling me that she's letting off her steam/stress by abusing Kyousuke (Which is a matter of circumstance, as much as her personality). Correct me if I'm wrong. Then I have two points.

1) People do irrational things like this all the time. But aren't stories like this usually about growing from our experiences? I feel like Kirino has shown this growth various times by now. So what's the deal here? Why does she keep going back to habits? If it's simply stress -> habits, doesn't it imply that she'll never get over her problems?

2) Why does the anime not communicate this more clearly? Kyousuke mused a little bit about Kriino being made at him for bringing her back... But that's all we got. How come Kirino is such a cipher to read in this series? It's hard to make the connection in behavior because she always operates in extremes.
Reckoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:32   Link #102
finalfury
Incognito

I didn't make these but does anyone want them?

Old 2013-04-07, 21:56   Link #103
Sumeragi
Banned

Or you can just look at my avatar.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:57   Link #104
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I love Kanako's "Are you guys lesbian" comment XD

And dat preview part. Ayaseww <3
So from the episode title, seems like it will be the Ayase part from drama CD? Can't wait for it, hope she'll say one of my favorite line, "Tsuuhou shimasu yo!" <3
Old 2013-04-07, 22:00   Link #105
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Or you can just look at my avatar.
Will do. But larger pics = better in some people's books. Also hope that you can post more so that your avatar attracts more people to the thread.
Old 2013-04-07, 22:17   Link #106
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So Ayase complaints in the next episode. I can't wait for that. Anything with Ayase is great.
Old 2013-04-07, 22:30   Link #107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
1) People do irrational things like this all the time. But aren't stories like this usually about growing from our experiences? I feel like Kirino has shown this growth various times by now. So what's the deal here? Why does she keep going back to habits? If it's simply stress -> habits, doesn't it imply that she'll never get over her problems?
Well, her number one defining trait is not being honest with her feelings. And to be clear, she puts up a front to almost everyone, but the front is different.

In this particular case, it's not just any old "stress", but a situation that he is at the center of. Yes, she came home because she realized that the track thing wasn't really working out and it wasn't really "home" for her. But I think it's pretty clear that the real reason she came home is because he came after her. May want to remind yourself of the conversation at the end of Episode 15 where Kyousuke begged her to come home. It was one step removed from a romantic confession (and you can tell from her blush that she pretty clearly noticed that). He told her to come back home because he's lonely, and he may die without her. How is she supposed to relate to him after that (no matter what she really feels about him)?

So, basically, their relationship is complicated, and it doesn't help that Kirino herself is supremely complicated. The stress makes things worse.

Quote:
2) Why does the anime not communicate this more clearly? Kyousuke mused a little bit about Kriino being made at him for bringing her back... But that's all we got. How come Kirino is such a cipher to read in this series? It's hard to make the connection in behavior because she always operates in extremes.
Because the story is told from Kyousuke's perspective. This episode in particular was trying to convey his own feelings and frustration about the matter. He knows very well what she's like (and even realizes how, from her perspective, he might deserve some hate right now), but he has also seen glimpses of hope in the past. He's now gotten to the point where he's going a bit more out of his way to go after those glimpses of hope, and he gets one at the very end. Of course, a lot of other people would have totally given up on her a long time ago, but Kyousuke isn't like that (any more).

Besides, if Kirino were honest about her feelings, I think the show would be over. We have 15 more episodes to go.
Old 2013-04-07, 22:39   Link #108
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

@Relentless : Kirino being honest with her feelings. Do you know how WRONG that sounds?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 22:45   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Because the story is told from Kyousuke's perspective. This episode in particular was trying to convey his own feelings and frustration about the matter.
I understand him... having a real life Kirino is like hell.... you love you sister but all she does is play tsundere ( plus the bad mouthing) and going in her unusual perversion...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 22:56   Link #110
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
@Relentless : Kirino being honest with her feelings. Do you know how WRONG that sounds?
It'd definitely turn the tables on the whole show significantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I understand him... having a real life Kirino is like hell.... you love you sister but all she does is play tsundere ( plus the bad mouthing) and going in her unusual perversion...
It's useful for Kyousuke that he's a masochist, and himself not particularly honest about his own feelings. You can tell they're siblings.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:06   Link #111
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
The reaction from the fan base will be very, very big. The day Kirino becomes honest and maybe nice -prepares protective barriers- is the day the fan base breaks loose.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:09   Link #112
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So I found that Chiaki is Kuroneko. How great is that? I thought Kuroneko sounded familiar after watching Pirates last year.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:22   Link #113
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
The reaction from the fan base will be very, very big. The day Kirino becomes honest and maybe nice -prepares protective barriers- is the day the fan base breaks loose.
Three words, "Oreimo Portable 2".

Sure, it was done in cheap way and one can always play it's-not-canon card, but it's probably the closest 'honest and nice Kirino' the fan base will get officially (as in written by the original author). So far at least, we may get more on the upcoming PS3 game
Old 2013-04-07, 23:42   Link #114
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Three words, "Oreimo Portable 2".

Sure, it was done in cheap way and one can always play it's-not-canon card, but it's probably the closest 'honest and nice Kirino' the fan base will get officially (as in written by the original author). So far at least, we may get more on the upcoming PS3 game
Three Words:
PS3 beats PSP.
Maybe I'll get the ps3 version if import price isn't too high.
One thing to note:
What's with Kirino and going on top of Kyousuke on his bed? Does she like looking at his face that much? lol
Old 2013-04-08, 00:28   Link #115
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The name is Akiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So I found that Chiaki is Kuroneko. How great is that? I thought Kuroneko sounded familiar after watching Pirates last year.
Am I hearing things?
Sorry, not trying to be offensive, but I thought everyone knew who 'Kuroneko/Chiaki' was
But anyway here's for FYI:
http://myanimelist.net/people/185/Kana_Hanazawa
(If the list is too long, you might be interested to look at just all the main roles )
Old 2013-04-08, 00:35   Link #116
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Well to clarify...

You're basically telling me that she's letting off her steam/stress by abusing Kyousuke (Which is a matter of circumstance, as much as her personality). Correct me if I'm wrong. Then I have two points.

People go back to habits BECAUSE that's their habits. And yes, she still unable to overcome her problem for now, but there is no telling for the future.
Quote:
If she could says her true feeling that easily, she would have thank him long ago. But she couldn't, so all we had is that. Beside, how the anime is made is not something we can answer ~.~

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
What's with Kirino and going on top of Kyousuke on his bed? Does she like looking at his face that much? lol
From the way she did it without an ounce of shame, I'd say it's exactly the opposite. Maybe she just want to wake him up. Get on top of him is a good position to slap his face after all
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 03:37   Link #117
Gohan78
Awakened One

Underwhelming start for the second season. I understand the need of reintroducing the characters but nothing really happened in this first episode.

Kirino is as bitchy as I remembered her. I don't expect that she suddenly becomes full dere but at least replying in kind to Kyosuke's attentions (like bringing her a can of juice). Is it really too much to ask?? Instead she just bosses him around as usual...
Not even Zero no Tsukaima's Louise was that bossy and ungrateful. I will never ever understand Kirino's fans. The most frustrating thing is that she is probably destined to win since it's extremely rare that the titular character of a harem series loses.
Oh well, I'll watch this as long as Kuroneko is in the spotlight.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 05:28   Link #118
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Not even Zero no Tsukaima's Louise was that bossy and ungrateful. I will never ever understand Kirino's fans. The most frustrating thing is that she is probably destined to win since it's extremely rare that the titular character of a harem series loses.
Did Kirino force her brother to sleep on the floor? Did she wipe him? Did she verbal abuse him every second like before? No, instead she just ignored him. Just that. Nothing more. She pulled his hand in Akihabara, which is already an improvement in my opinion, considered that they dont even touch each others before. I think Louise is still worse. Beside, their relationship is back to before she left, so it's already a good start.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 06:29   Link #119
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Did Kirino force her brother to sleep on the floor? Did she wipe him? Did she verbal abuse him every second like before? No, instead she just ignored him. Just that. Nothing more. She pulled his hand in Akihabara, which is already an improvement in my opinion, considered that they dont even touch each others before. I think Louise is still worse. Beside, their relationship is back to before she left, so it's already a good start.
Which she almost only ever does when she gets something out of it, otherwise most of us get the impression that she only becomes civil if she gets something out of it. A terribly one-sided and selfish relationship.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 06:52   Link #120
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
The show would probably be pulled from air faster than you can say "incest".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Which she almost only ever does when she gets something out of it, otherwise most of us get the impression that she only becomes civil if she gets something out of it. A terribly one-sided and selfish relationship.
She is probably having a fight with herself dealing with the disgust of actually liking her own brother. She wants to like him, but is grappling with the fact that people might brand her as a brocon for doing so.

How cute. I want a little sister like this, and that another with the personality of Kuroneko. And I want them to share the same bed and with me every night - *gets suffocated to death with a pillow*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote