AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 09:26   Link #401
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Ep. 2:
Old 2013-10-13, 12:59   Link #402
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

I really want a creditless version of this...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Leon_Lelouch; 2013-10-13 at 13:59.
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:28   Link #403
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I hate fan service shows but I'm honestly confused with all the fan service talk here...
I can't remember a single fan service shot apart from changing and even that was kept to minimum.

I think you guys are over reacting.
Other than the changing scene and the noticeable panning to Touma's breasts, I also thought it was pretty mellow. If the fanservice occurs at that kind of rate then I don't think it'll bother me much either.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:32   Link #404
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I think the panning of her assets had a lot to do with not wanting to show her face till the end though.

And yeah, I really hate fan service shows myself, so in comparison to so many shows out there, it's not that bad.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 14:36   Link #405
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I usually like fanservice -- and the changing scene was pretty minor -- but even I found that scene a surprise, and a little out of place. However, it was probably her insecure and girlish tone of voice and the squirt of cologne that bothered me most. They were trying to expand her personality, but it did seem awkward to me.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 15:05   Link #406
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll say the whole changing scene was pretty tame considering some of the series we have out this season. It was held back enough really and did play its part in continuing to show aspects of Setsuna's character. One hell of a strong introduction she gave of herself at the karoke as well .

Now I just wonder when the president of that association gets the boot from his own group .
Old 2013-10-13, 18:12   Link #407
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I usually like fanservice -- and the changing scene was pretty minor -- but even I found that scene a surprise, and a little out of place. However, it was probably her insecure and girlish tone of voice and the squirt of cologne that bothered me most. They were trying to expand her personality, but it did seem awkward to me.
Hm?

Rare that I disagree with you, so I feel I want to bite here. Why would showing Setsuna excited and insecure "bother" you? Also, why "trying" to expand her personality? They certainly did?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:26   Link #408
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Am I strange for preferring Setsuna's appearance in her work clothes?
The story's progressing slowly, but that's just fine. I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. Though I'm confused by all the fanservice talk that's going around here... all we got were a couple of butt shots (for both genders! Equality, yay!) and a changing scene: By today's anime standards, that's pretty tame.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 19:35   Link #409
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
It doesn't sound cool to me at all, more like a manly voice I would say. But I will wait for more before making any more comment.
I think it was a typo? It's more coldly. Obviously though when you first meet her in the game, it's like that. I guess in this episode it's like a first time impression you get of her that is what they were trying to achieve.
Old 2013-10-13, 20:32   Link #410
ices
Monadically Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Am I strange for preferring Setsuna's appearance in her work clothes?
The story's progressing slowly, but that's just fine. I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. Though I'm confused by all the fanservice talk that's going around here... all we got were a couple of butt shots (for both genders! Equality, yay!) and a changing scene: By today's anime standards, that's pretty tame.
Me too!!!

Well, I think some complain related to the mature tone of this story. So They think fanservice isn't needed. But Well, I'll sided to the opposite. If it's in the tame scale and doesn't interrupt the story I'll go with it.

Now, to the episode 2. Wow... This is a great start. They managed to create the right atmosphere. And that last scene!! Finally, they show us the Pianist!!! Altough we already see it's coming from the first episode. But they managed to surprise us with that manly voice.

It's a fun ride so far. I hope they keep this momentum and deliver a great story. Well, I'll consider it as the best Romance ever told so far.
ices is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 00:20   Link #411
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Epi2 was awesome! So much attention to details. Loved the sounds and songs!

Naba had two lines (Poor Naba... She'll be so sad when she hears people think she has a manly voice...)! Too bad Setsuna's mother didn't have any. Guess we'll have wait until the next episode to find out if it'll just be "Setsuna's Mother" in the credits, or will they finally give her a name.

I think in the game Haruki mentioned that he did the wall climb stunt so he could leave a lasting impression on the pianist-next-door.
Old 2013-10-14, 11:49   Link #412
kitten320

Well to be honest I found window climbing slightly over stretching it.

They really could have just waited by the door. It's not like there are any other exits and pianist wouldn't stay there for weeks.
Old 2013-10-14, 11:56   Link #413
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
The story's progressing slowly, but that's just fine. I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit.
Yes, but the problem is that White Album 2 will only have 12 episodes, unless Satelight announced the 2nn half, which most likely coming in Spring 2014.
Old 2013-10-14, 20:56   Link #414
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hm? Rare that I disagree with you, so I feel I want to bite here. Why would showing Setsuna excited and insecure "bother" you? Also, why "trying" to expand her personality? They certainly did?
I was probably just surprised by the expansion, more than anything. I hadn't felt sufficient hint that she might feel that way. Maybe I should have, but I didn't, so it surprised me.

Anyway, what a good show it is that lets us talk about such subtle things.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 21:22   Link #415
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The first season is 13 eps, and they did say if the first season doesn't sell, there won't be a second season.
Old 2013-10-14, 21:43   Link #416
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Epi2 was awesome! So much attention to details. Loved the sounds and songs!

Naba had two lines (Poor Naba... She'll be so sad when she hears people think she has a manly voice...)! Too bad Setsuna's mother didn't have any. Guess we'll have wait until the next episode to find out if it'll just be "Setsuna's Mother" in the credits, or will they finally give her a name.

I think in the game Haruki mentioned that he did the wall climb stunt so he could leave a lasting impression on the pianist-next-door.
she just make her appearance but still not talking lol.... or maybe there's a chance that she won't say anything at all

regarding the Haruki climbing.... well I guess its because he didn't want to wait until he don't know when the pianist would go out (meaning in the evening) and he wanted to know the pianist faster so that he could persuade her in joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Yes, but the problem is that White Album 2 will only have 12 episodes, unless Satelight announced the 2nn half, which most likely coming in Spring 2014.
Quote:
The first season is 13 eps, and they did say if the first season doesn't sell, there won't be a second season.
so come on let's buy the bluray
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 02:59   Link #417
Mazryonh

Quote:
I remember how Rie Tanaka really lowered her voice for the anime adaptation of KimiAru and a lot of people were surprised she wasn't actually Atsuko Tanaka (the go-to voice actress for very low-voiced women).

Nabachii is also well-known for voicing low-voiced female characters, but she really souped it up for this one episode.

And Setsuna's mother wasn't given a name in the game? That's odd. I would also have expected her to speak in this episode.

Quote:
In the game, Kazusa looked only mildly surprised and concerned. In this anime she looks not-at-all impressed.

Quote:
Damn, I hope the otaku really do their work and make this anime a best-seller. I'd love to see an animated CC with individual animated routes for each of the CC-exclusive heroines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Also, seeing Setsuna excitedly dressing up for a joint Karaoke session _did_ have a point. It tells a lot about her character. _She_ is excited and wants to show herself to Haruki in a favorable light.
I think there was an in-joke with the changing scene; the noises Madoka Yonezawa made are similar to those often heard in "winning sequences" for eroge. And she was taking off her clothes after all.

By the way, I think Satelight made an animation error with Setsuna in that scene; when she looks in the mirror, her hair ribbons holding her twintails appear to be in the wrong place. They're not in their usual locations, as you can see in the later scenes.

Also, Setsuna's excitement for her "date" with Haruki seems shockingly naive. Aside from sharing Asuka Langley Soryu's hairstyle from Neon Genesis Evangelion, I'm sure Setsuna has been the object of affection for MANY male students at Houjou High given her being crowned "Miss Houjou" so many times. I'm surprised that Setsuna hasn't received lockerfuls of love letters on a regular basis, just like Asuka did. By all rights she should have been on countless dates and "wined and dined" by many male hopefuls, so she should have pretty high standards by now. Why did she even bother to spritz on the cologne and select a "really girly" outfit for herself for her date? It's clear from their earlier meeting that Haruki didn't mind in the slightest about seeing Setsuna in her frumpy grocery store worker uniform and hairdo.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 05:36   Link #418
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
In the game, Kazusa looked only mildly surprised and concerned. In this anime she looks not-at-all impressed.
Actually she wasn't midly surprised in the game but very surprised, as the only thing she said in that scene was this

Spoiler for game version:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 17:09   Link #419
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Actually she wasn't midly surprised in the game but very surprised, as the only thing she said in that scene was this

Spoiler for game version:
Can anyone translate the dialogue in this screenshot, then?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 17:39   Link #420
liro
Super Driver

^ 北原… 何やってんだよこの馬鹿…
Kitahara... Nani nani yatten da yo, kono baka.
Kitahara... What are you doing, idiot.

Yeah she only said one line in that scene and it doesn't sound manly like the anime version.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical