AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 22:18   Link #421
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

She also didn't seem as pissed in the game: no chair screech and no foot-stomping if I remember correctly. My lil tsundere is have a lil tsuntsun fit~ Aw so cute~(*▽`*)
Old 2013-10-16, 12:45   Link #422
Frontier

I thought this was a really great episode .

I really like the opening. It's fittingly melancholic. I did find all the Setsuna focus weird until I realized the creators were waiting to properly debut Kazusa at the end. And then she gets her own personal ending!. I'm not sure if the ending was just for this episode, but I think it would be neat if the show had an opening that focuses on Setsuna and an ending dedicated to Kazusa. Otherwise, I'm interested to see how the opening changes now that Kazusa's been revealed and what the proper ending will be like.

I got a good chuckle at how Haruki was going to be a jerk and use Setsuna's secrets against her, only to learn she didn't really care about people knowing about her job and has a completely normal family life. I was half expecting Setsuna to tell him he's watched too much anime .

I thought Haruki and Setsuna's interactions in this episode were very cute. I think their moments together conveyed very well two teenagers awkwardly interested in and attracted to one another. Setsuna really seems into Haruki, as evidenced by the care she took in preparing for their little "date." And I feel Haruki is becoming more enamored with her by the episode.

So far, I think Setsuna is a nice girl. Maybe a little used to being spoiled but not overtly selfish and willing to work hard. She's passionate about singing, and good at it to boot, and very much worthy of the title of "idol." There's hints that she's had bad experiences with relationships but so far it looks like she's trying to stay optimistic and try her best with her growing relationship with Haruki. I can definitely say I like her and I feel she has good chemistry with Haruki.

So in case you forgot this was a sequel to White Album, which you're liable to do considering how different the two are, here's a Rina cameo for you .

We finally get to meet Kazusa, and from her first lines to Haruki she strikes me as standoffish and prideful of her skills. She's definitely not someone I'd expect myself to get close to, though Haruki seems to have somehow been able to become friends with her. She's a nice contrast to Setsuna, and I'm very excited to see more from her in the next episode. It's also always nice to hear Hitomi Nabatame.

With all the characters properly introduced and the stage almost set, I'm very interested to see how the friendship and love triangle between the three continues to progress as the concert approaches.

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-16 at 21:21.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 01:53   Link #423
Tenzen12
Banned

Eveb after dropping WA1 three times, I decided give a try with this one. And I like it, especialy that very first scene, which make clear who I should dislike and who support.

And it looks like for once my favourite girl will have chance! This episode was well handled, but two Setsuna centered episodes in row was realy pain, so I am glad Kazusa saved day with her beutiful deep voice.

Yeah, this will be romance of this season for me.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 03:57   Link #424
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Ah... I just realize why they aired this series in the fall and not in winter just like the series took place...
Looks like they want to torment us, so after watching the series till the end, it'll enter winter season which is the White Album season, so that when we see the snow falling down we will always remember White Album 2 and remember the pain in our heart....ugh...
What an S....
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 04:48   Link #425
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
She also didn't seem as pissed in the game: no chair screech and no foot-stomping if I remember correctly. My lil tsundere is have a lil tsuntsun fit~ Aw so cute~(*▽`*)
You have to remember that in the VN, she spoke (and kicked Haruki) before he was even fully introduced to Setsuna (before the hanging by the window moment). I think by then she's kinda soften up to him already.
Old 2013-10-17, 09:46   Link #426
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Even though I played the game when it first came out I still cannot believe Kazusa, Teresia and Kanade have the same CV...

I mean compare Kazusa's voice with this and this (5:40 onwards)

and ep 2 just reinforces that
Old 2013-10-17, 10:59   Link #427
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Even though I played the game when it first came out I still cannot believe Kazusa, Teresia and Kanade have the same CV...

I mean compare Kazusa's voice with this and this (5:40 onwards)

and ep 2 just reinforces that
You'd be surprised at how much range some seiyuus have. Just check out some of Aoi Yuuki's roles.
I have to admit such a deep voice from Kazusa was unexpected, but it's way too soon to judge on anything regarding her yet.

Also, I must say the OP was a dissapointment for me. It's pretty good, but can't hold a candle to Shinai or Mugen.

Oh, and no problems with some service here. Setsuna more than made up for it in the next scene anyways. Same with Haruki going daredevil. Any anime that reminds me of Hanbun no Tsuki is doing something right.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 12:47   Link #428
Mazryonh

Any chance we'll get an English translation of the "Closing" theme's lyrics? You can see a Japanese-transcribed version here:

I'm quite curious as to what exactly it's saying.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:52   Link #429
Key Board
Donut

I know the anime aired it, but it's kinda spoilerish so..

Spoiler:

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 17:49   Link #430
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I know the anime aired it, but it's kinda spoilerish so..
[/spoiler]
Have you noticed how much the makers of this anime tipped their hand straight from the beginning? There were quite a few spoilers they cleverly hid in this second episode too.
Old 2013-10-17, 17:58   Link #431
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Have you noticed how much the makers of this anime tipped their hand straight from the beginning? There were quite a few spoilers they cleverly hid in this second episode too.
Not sure what spoilers you were referring to, but the anime is up untill this point fairly close to the game and aside from those " flashforward scenes" in the previous episode , i haven't noticed any spoilers for future events in the current episode
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 18:07   Link #432
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Just checked, the first day in game is actually Oct. 17, which is today, coincidentally.
Old 2013-10-17, 18:37   Link #433
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Not sure what spoilers you were referring to, but the anime is up untill this point fairly close to the game and aside from those " flashforward scenes" in the previous episode , i haven't noticed any spoilers for future events in the current episode
probably the in-jokes during Setsuna's karaoke scene
look that silhouette behind her during the Akujo karaoke
you also see a certain European city in the background during her White Album karaoke

Old 2013-10-17, 18:52   Link #434
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
probably the in-jokes during Setsuna's karaoke scene
look that silhouette behind her during the Akujo karaoke
That's exactly it.

But where did this "Akujo" karaoke song come from? Is it from another Leaf game?
Old 2013-10-17, 19:01   Link #435
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Here's the lyrics for the part of "closing" that you can hear in epi02:

Spoiler for long text:
Old 2013-10-17, 19:19   Link #436
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That's exactly it.

But where did this "Akujo" karaoke song come from? Is it from another Leaf game?
No, it's an old? song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_15tHcHr9o

Old 2013-10-17, 22:22   Link #437
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Spoiler for closing:

ah it's the game full version though
it's just my own translation... I'm not a native englsih speaker so maybe there're some strange usage of words, sorry for that ><
sometimes I understand the Japanese but can't really find good english words to translate it
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 21:55   Link #438
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Well, the first two eps were very good. Nice balance of characters and all. Good comedy, drama and romance.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 12:04   Link #439
Key Board
Donut

Episode 3 aired
New Ending song Sayonara no Koto (not in the game)
It seems this will be the default Ending of the anime
as some expected Closing was a super special event

Thus.. this all begins...

Old 2013-10-19, 13:34   Link #440
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Spoiler for Ep 3:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical