AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 17:53   Link #721
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I'm sorry, but emotionally manipulative? If anything she is emotionally fragile because she is afraid that her friendship with Haruki and Touma will come falling apart if she isn't careful on how to handle the situation.

Her biting her lip at the end of this episode emphasize that she has realised she is losing the battle to win Haruki's heart. She will do something for sure, but it's out of her genuine interest, and I'll leave it for people to see in this anime.

Also, Haruki is one of those rare male teenager where girls aren't the top of his interest list. He is honour student material and rather focus on getting things done.
I'm not so sure about that, in the end he wrote a song (that is quite self-explanatory) that talks about an unrequited love. So his dream is indeed about a girl. He is just trying to sublimate through it Or at least I'd say that it is hard to tell at this stage what came first. I mean, which is the flame that makes him burn? His passion for music/writing or his unrequited love? I'd say the latter, just by the fact that he didn't play the guitar before Touma's first lesson.
About Setsuna, thanks for remember me about her friendship issues, because I forgot them. And I didn't get that kind of vibes from the show lately, but definitely of a girl in love.

Anyways, in my opinion Haruki is oblivious to everything because he is in love with Touma, so it's quite realistic to not notice other girls interest. And the fact that he is oblivious about Touma's feelings is also not so strange. Usually people lack self-confidence when love is involved. Add to that Touma is not the easiest-to-understand girl of the block. Surely he has his faults. But his case has nothing to share with the standard-MC-denseness disease. So far at least.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 18:10   Link #722
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'm not so sure about that, in the end he wrote a song (that is quite self-explanatory) that talks about an unrequited love. So his dream is indeed about a girl.
That's his dream alright, but his focus is on putting on a performance at the festival. That's his drive and is rather focus on that right now. The dream thing came about when Takeya gave Touma his notes. The irony then is that Touma is making his dreams come true.
Old 2013-11-12, 04:25   Link #723
xholyangel07x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I mean, he has just carried her off in the most romantic way.
Spoiler for anime screenshot:

White Album 2 in charge of subtlety this season. Presenting to you: the friendzone hand grab.
xholyangel07x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 06:10   Link #724
ariadust

Quote:
Originally Posted by xholyangel07x View Post
Spoiler for anime screenshot:

White Album 2 in charge of subtlety this season. Presenting to you: the friendzone hand grab.
Interesting interpretation.
ariadust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 08:44   Link #725
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that, in the end he wrote a song (that is quite self-explanatory) that talks about an unrequited love. So his dream is indeed about a girl. He is just trying to sublimate through it Or at least I'd say that it is hard to tell at this stage what came first. I mean, which is the flame that makes him burn? His passion for music/writing or his unrequited love? I'd say the latter, just by the fact that he didn't play the guitar before Touma's first lesson.
I don't think what Takeya means about his dream and his actual thought of his own dream is the same, heck I don't even think Haruki realize his own feelings being conveyed to his lyrics
so I guess his dream now is actually to have their performance to be successful

ホワイトアルバム2、最高の物語が始まる、そしてその季節がまた来る
最高のVN
冬馬かずさ 大ファンより
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 12:17   Link #726
Yume no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
I don't think what Takeya means about his dream and his actual thought of his own dream is the same, heck I don't even think Haruki realize his own feelings being conveyed to his lyrics
IMO the lyrics is more about Setsuna's feelings than Haruki's feelings toward Touma. Setsuna realized that while reading the notebook (she's a sensitive girl after all) but when she wanted to say something, her words were blocked by Haruki's babbling about this and that. Having to sing a song composed by her rivals (again, she was left out here) about about her own unrequited love must be painful. That's why she bit her lips and faked a smile in order not to break the fragile balance between the three before the festival.

Moreover, Haruki already wrote that song lyrics even before he got to know Touma, so the argument that Todokanai koi was about his love for Touma was invalid.

//ranting:

I honestly can't understand all the hatred toward Setsuna. It's true that she's the late comer and in obvious losing position here. Therefore, what's wrong with her being a bit jealous when she saw the one she loved had fun with other girls? Is it a sin to fall in love? And is it a sin to try to make the one she loved pay attention to her?
Yume no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 12:42   Link #727
traittrait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume no Hana View Post
Moreover, Haruki already wrote that song lyrics even before he got to know Touma, so the argument that Todokanai koi was about his love for Touma was invalid.
A-and from where did you get that? When this was stated?
Kitahara knew Touma for half a year, she was his "sitting next to him troublesome classmate" for all this time.

Episode 04, date: 15.11.2007 (november).
Kitahara's notebook: "2007. 10" on the cover, meaning "october, 2007".
It means that Haruki wrote the song half a year *after* he met Touma. While he spoke with Ogiso for the very first time around 24.10.2007 (Episode 06 -- date 22.11.2007, 24.11.2007 - festival;
Episode 01 -- "30 days to go" on student counsil's door when Haruki met there assaulted by others Ogiso, meaning that was around 24.10.2007)

Something like that.
traittrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:47   Link #728
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Well, honestly it's hard to believe that he was not aware of what he wrote in his own song. But in any case it is not really important that he was aware or not, if what was driving him was actually that unrequited love, is it? Consciously or unconsciously that's it. He was sublimating his feelings into his dream to perform THAT song. Because his dream is to perform on that stage with that song; IIRC Takeya gave the notebook to Touma for that reason. So singing only the other two songs was not meant to be the same for him. Or so I got. Surely Takeya gave Touma the notebook because Touma had the skills to write the music, but I think he gave it to her knowing who she was.

Anyways, I agree with you that now his dream evolved into have a successful performance, but that's because (going along with what I previously speculated) he got more than he hoped, I mean, Touma is writing the music for that song, will perform with him and he spent days and days (and nights) alone with her. If she were his unrequited love that would be a huge improvement from the period he apparently wrote those lyrics.
All in all I'm just guessing so it could be that he is not really aware of his own feelings and what not

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 00:39   Link #729
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I couldn't find the time to watch this series last week so had a good back to back viewing tonight. On the positive guess I avoided any craziness that came from the past couple episodes here .

Things really are going to get messy after the concert that's for sure. Things building up really with the three of them and primed to go into quite the tough situation. I really don't know what Haruki is going to do once things start getting romantically serious with the two girls. Right now their feelings are building up and there is bound to be a breaking point. That point will probably come from Touma since once her own feelings start coming to the surface and she sees the situation with Setsuna...oh boy. Certainly her words about them being either the best of friends or fiercest of rivals really will come to fruition.

In the last episode everyone really did what they had to. Haruki had to be taking care of Touma since if she didn't recover they were pretty screwed. Of course did leave Setsuna in the cold dealing with that stage fright, but couldn't be helped. That guy is hilarious at times though dragging her off while in that getup. The least he could do was serve as a human shield .

Looking forward to the concert. Should be entertaining and a good starting point for serious drama .
Old 2013-11-13, 01:36   Link #730
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume no Hana View Post
IMO the lyrics is more about Setsuna's feelings than Haruki's feelings toward Touma. Setsuna realized that while reading the notebook (she's a sensitive girl after all) but when she wanted to say something, her words were blocked by Haruki's babbling about this and that. Having to sing a song composed by her rivals (again, she was left out here) about about her own unrequited love must be painful. That's why she bit her lips and faked a smile in order not to break the fragile balance between the three before the festival.

//ranting:

I honestly can't understand all the hatred toward Setsuna. It's true that she's the late comer and in obvious losing position here. Therefore, what's wrong with her being a bit jealous when she saw the one she loved had fun with other girls? Is it a sin to fall in love? And is it a sin to try to make the one she loved pay attention to her?
errr... how could the lyrics that was made by Haruki become Setsuna's feelings...
- The light music club was made just in this year (their third year in Houjou)
- Japanese school is starting at Spring which is around March if I'm not mistaken, in this time Kazusa become Haruki's classmate
- Kazusa having her incident in the first two years didn't try to have a talk with anyone (see what Kazusa always do in the class at the beginning episodes)
- Haruki found out that Kazusa and begin to talk to her (see the conversation at ep 3 how Haruki lecture her and know about her going to college, and also how Kazusa had opened up to him before the time in the WA2 starts)
- Haruki can't really focus on making his lyrics because he's the person who everyone relied on and he seldom reject it (or never reject it(?))
- Haruki even though had heard about Setsuna's rumor but only begin to know her in the time which WA2 starts
- You can see the time for festival starts at the first episode too behind Setsuna's back in the student council room that it will start 24,25.11.2007 while in the student council door it has 30 days to go (I doubt student council is too lazy to change that term) means the time WA2 starts is 24.10.2007

so... how could Haruki made a lyric about someone's feelings that he didn't even know....
read the lyrics again and understand the meaning behind it, and also the image of the lyrics doesn't match with Setsuna's situation, therefore leads to making an argument that it's Haruki's feelings (the one who make the lyrics) towards Kazusa (the one who fit who Haruki saw and made it into lyrics)

Hmm, I don't know about everyone hating Setsuna, I haven't found anything wrong about Setsuna's act either
It's still in the limit of a girl falling in love, there's nothing wrong in acting embarrassed when someone she loved would see her in her costume, it's not wrong too for her to get jealous, rather she looked strong even though she's jealous enough she still try hard not to show it to them and accept in singing that (singing the lyrics about how her loved one love another girl.....)

Quote:
Well, honestly it's hard to believe that he was not aware of what he wrote in his own song. But in any case it is not really important that he was aware or not, if what was driving him was actually that unrequited love, is it? Consciously or unconsciously that's it. He was sublimating his feelings into his dream to perform THAT song. Because his dream is to perform on that stage with that song; IIRC Takeya gave the notebook to Touma for that reason. So singing only the other two songs was not meant to be the same for him. Or so I got. Surely Takeya gave Touma the notebook because Touma had the skills to write the music, but I think he gave it to her knowing who she was.

Anyways, I agree with you that now his dream evolved into have a successful performance, but that's because (going along with what I previously speculated) he got more than he hoped, I mean, Touma is writing the music for that song, will perform with him and he spent days and days (and nights) alone with her. If she were his unrequited love that would be a huge improvement from the period he apparently wrote those lyrics.
All in all I'm just guessing so it could be that he is not really aware of his own feelings and what not
I just thought that maybe when he wrote it he realized but he kinda forget(?) about it right now, as his goal is to perform.... And maybe he thought that his wish actually had already fulfilled even though just a bit, because he can get to play and be with the person in his dream

just like the first episode hinted when Haruki narrated it "It was the last day that the three of us can stay together as the three of us", everything will begin mostly just like how he said it
be ready to prepare a stomachache medicine

最高のVN
冬馬かずさ 大ファンより
Old 2013-11-16, 12:09   Link #731
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

prepare the stomach medicine.... lol
Spoiler for ep 7 my thought:

let me summary
Spoiler for ep7:

最高のVN
冬馬かずさ 大ファンより

Last edited by Leon_Lelouch; 2013-11-16 at 12:40.
Old 2013-11-16, 12:17   Link #732
Key Board
Donut

First blood has been drawn

I already knew what would happen, but it was still hard to watch
Old 2013-11-16, 13:24   Link #733
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Want the bluray so bad, the end have too many background shoot, they should add something in the bluray or it will be very awkward.

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2013-11-16 at 15:41.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 14:39   Link #734
liro
Super Driver

I think Setsuna and Kazusa are secretly Symphogears.

Old 2013-11-16, 14:56   Link #735
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Masterpiece is only the word I could think of watching this episode.

Now this is how you do a proper romance drama, 10/10 for not dodging.
Old 2013-11-16, 15:10   Link #736
iCK

Adaptation going fine so far. Wonder if their going to keep it up to finish IC or just do an original anime ending
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:38   Link #737
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I doubt they'll do an anime-original ending cause they still hope it'll do good enough to animate CC.

BTW, did someone catch the easter egg at the beginning?

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:39   Link #738
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Adaptation going fine so far. Wonder if their going to keep it up to finish IC or just do an original anime ending
I believe that if they did that, a mob of fans would burn down their studios...

Setsuna gets an A+ for her move. That was beautifully done... and also, very nicely done by the story direction. I'm confident that they will deliver the second truth just as great. (And no, those with game knowledge should seriously NOT spoil it even when asked).
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:46   Link #739
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I believe that if they did that, a mob of fans would burn down their studios...

Setsuna gets an A+ for her move. That was beautifully done... and also, very nicely done by the story direction. I'm confident that they will deliver the second truth just as great. (And no, those with game knowledge should seriously NOT spoil it even when asked).
It really just depends on the sales, and if it does boost the game, they might just finish it with a 2nd season like the first White Album. Another 12 Eps would be more than enough to adapt CC and Coda.

Actually,

If they made this season 25 episodes from the start, it would have been enough. They should have done that instead

Last edited by iCK; 2013-11-16 at 16:01.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:02   Link #740
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quite possibly the most lyrical romance I've seen coming from this medium. This is how you adapt a great visual novel. This episode was so sweet and bittersweet at the same time.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical