AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 11:45   Link #1
wolfbankai
*Graphic Designer

Manga recs?

Hi there , I'm new to manga and haven't read much but I'm really obsessed with manga right now.

Mangas that I enjoyed is - Unbalance x Unbalance , Sakamichi no Apollon , Cage of Eden and The Breaker.

Right now reading - Hiromiya and Nisekoi , both are funny and great ,
I like Slice of Life/Romance/Drama and Mystery/Thriller genres.

Thanks!
wolfbankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:06   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Emma
Gokusen
Kiseijuu
Mars
Please Save My Earth
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Some completed ones to start you off. Read 'em.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 22:50   Link #3
mit7059

If you like Horimiya you'll probably like Bonnouji, it gives me a very similar feel and is one of the most fun and relaxing slice of life series I've come across, It's my second favorite series right now.
Cross Game is one of my favorites, the anime is good too but I prefer the manga, somehow the last few episodes of the anime felt somewhat rushed to me.
Honey and Clover is fantastic, however the anime adaptation is fantastic with amazing music you won't get in the manga.
Otoyomegatari is a great historical slice of life with some nice relaxed romance thrown in.
Gin no Saji is a fun play on the school life genre, where the main character is a city boy who goes to an agricultural High School. It's a really fun slice of life with a slow developing romance and some good comedy.
Love Roma is a shorter completed romance/slice of life that I think you'll enjoy if you like Horimiya.

Check out the link in my signature for my current reading list and my ratings of them, Horimiya is my favorite manga right now so if you enjoy that we might have similar taste.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here

Last edited by mit7059; 2013-04-15 at 23:04.
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:07   Link #4
OtakuDesu
EffinGOOD!

if you liked horimiya you might also like Tonari no Kashiwagi-san and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun