AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-07, 04:31   Link #841
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

From the recent devstream: ALL HAIL THE DERF ANYO

Also mentions of new enemies, including the Grineer Beastmaster that not only has a Kubrow pet, but can also steal your weapon and use it against you

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 15:37   Link #842
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So I built a Loki to get the mastery EXP, in preparation for Loki Prime. I don't actually give a damn about Loki, especially with all of the "master race" mentality permeating the game concerning it, but I DO want all of the Prime Warframes that I can acquire.

Sadly, I put Loki in the marvel movie!Loki's colors of green, gold, and black. And I checked the Immortal Skin preview of it, and it looks pretty good. Shame I'm not keeping Loki.
Old 2014-06-08, 21:32   Link #843
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So I built a Loki to get the mastery EXP, in preparation for Loki Prime. I don't actually give a damn about Loki, especially with all of the "master race" mentality permeating the game concerning it, but I DO want all of the Prime Warframes that I can acquire.

Sadly, I put Loki in the marvel movie!Loki's colors of green, gold, and black. And I checked the Immortal Skin preview of it, and it looks pretty good. Shame I'm not keeping Loki.
Nova will be even worse to level then, assuming you haven't done so already.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 21:42   Link #844
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've already leveled and forma'd a Nova. Nova wasn't troublesome to level, mostly because I was going to keep it, and it had a Reactor in it, so it got stronger as I leveled up because I could more mods on it.

This Loki, like my previous Mag, Ember, and Frost, lack a Reactor, so I couldn't install any decent mods on it. And like this Loki, I didn't put a Reactor in them because I wasn't keeping them, 'cause I was going trade up for their Prime versions (except for Mag Prime, which I already had at the time). It's mainly for the mastery EXP, and for the codex because having the Primes with stars and the regulars without bothered the hell out of me.

EDIT: Found this on the wiki.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-06-08 at 23:33.
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 17:27   Link #845
TaintedDream
Translator

Oh hey, this might be one of the ~5 or so helmets that don't look disgusting lol
Old 2014-06-09, 21:05   Link #846
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So I tried out the Lex Prime last night. I did 3 runs: 15-minute Apollodorus, and 2 runs on Sechura, Pluto (5 waves).

Got it up to level 10, no sweat.

Yeah it's not as powerful as the Marelok or Brakk, but damn if the Lex Prime isn't fun. Killing Grineer from headshots has never felt so badass.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 21:31   Link #847
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I put a rank-8 Hornet Strike, and max rank Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent on my Lex Prime, and it can kill just about anything but a boss in a few direct hits.

My Loki maxed today, and has been sold. Now to forma my Boltor Prime again, and rank it up alongside Ember Prime, Sicarus Prime, and Glaive Prime.
Old 2014-06-15, 17:04   Link #848
TaintedDream
Translator

Tier 4 Voids are finally out, we know what they were testing with Suspicious Shipment Alerts now. Doing Tier 4 Survival is just outright painful though, due to how many Survival noobs there are out there. Especially since most of them don't realize they're noobs, and will wholeheartedly deny it if you try to tell them that they're doing Survival inefficiently.
Old 2014-06-15, 17:15   Link #849
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Is it just me... or did DE pander to the Loki Master Race crowd with the release of Loki Prime?

Not that Loki Prime exists, but... look at it: both statistically and aesthetically, this thing is superior to just about anything they've put out for Primes.

Whereas most other Primed Warframes got a new helmet and some gold bits here and there, with a couple getting just an additional shoulder piece, or in Rhino Prime's case an additional back piece, Loki Prime's appearance is almost completely revamped from the original Loki: altered thigh plates, additional cresting spikes on the forearms, even a backpack unit in addition to its new helmet and gold ornaments.

And the stats? 25 more base energy, resulting in a starting base energy supply of 175. And two additional polarities, compared to any other Primed Warframe's single additional polarity. Why the sudden change in design philosophy, DE?
Old 2014-06-15, 17:30   Link #850
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Is it just me... or did DE pander to the Loki Master Race crowd with the release of Loki Prime?

Not that Loki Prime exists, but... look at it: both statistically and aesthetically, this thing is superior to just about anything they've put out for Primes.

Whereas most other Primed Warframes got a new helmet and some gold bits here and there, with a couple getting just an additional shoulder piece, or in Rhino Prime's case an additional back piece, Loki Prime's appearance is almost completely revamped from the original Loki: altered thigh plates, additional cresting spikes on the forearms, even a backpack unit in addition to its new helmet and gold ornaments.

And the stats? 25 more base energy, resulting in a starting base energy supply of 175. And two additional polarities, compared to any other Primed Warframe's single additional polarity. Why the sudden change in design philosophy, DE?
People have been complaining for a VERY long time now about how Prime Frames aren't worth the trouble. This might be them listening to the community's complaints for once. I was a bit surprised by the two polarities, but then again, in the time it takes you to self-farm a Loki Prime, you could probably add 4 Polarities on a full set of gear yourself (assuming you had the Formas on hand). And the 25 extra base energy doesn't make much of a difference since Loki doesn't hurt on energy anyways. I'd say ignoring the polarity, Rhino Prime's stat boost (speed) was a lot more gamechanging. I'm curious though, if DE will go back and give earlier Primes a stat boost as well.
Old 2014-06-16, 05:37   Link #851
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedDream View Post
I'm curious though, if DE will go back and give earlier Primes a stat boost as well.
I heard that DE is planning something to this effect, i.e. giving the Primes before Rhino Prime some much deserved stat boosts. Rhino Prime was actually the first to get a stat boost, having a faster Sprint speed than Rhino (hence with both Vanguard Helm and Rush Rhino Prime is as fast as a fully modded Loki ).

Also, Rhino Prime's modifications are nearly as distinct at Loki Prime's are: Rhino Prime has newly designed massive shoulder pads and additional hip parts. Loki Prime undeniably does have the most immediately visible changes though. Basically, with each Prime Warframe they're making the Primes more visually distinct than just adding some GOLD.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
Old 2014-06-16, 14:54   Link #852
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd hope they'd go back and add new additions to the Excalibur, Frost, Ember, and Mag Primes.
Old 2014-06-19, 16:15   Link #853
TaintedDream
Translator

Operation: [Breeding Grounds] is a go.
Old 2014-06-19, 16:27   Link #854
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Steam Summer Sale now has purchaseable/craftable animated Rubedo skins for the Rhino, Yamako Syandana, Drakgoon, Twin Vipers, and Galatine.

EDIT 1: The infested-themed Iliac Armor set looks really nice... but good fucking christ, it's expensive.

EDIT 2: The four new mods each depict a completely new Warframe in them.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-06-20 at 00:05.
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 01:49   Link #855
KBTKaiser

*holds his shiny 'old' Prova Vandal*

At least now those who were in closed beta onwards can finally field a full vandal set of weaponry.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 00:23   Link #856
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's two tater alerts in Eris right now.
Old 2014-06-21, 00:48   Link #857
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
According to today's Devstream, said Frame is apparently a trickster-themed frame. One of her powers is supposed to turn innocuous objects like lockers, crates, ziplines etc. within a radius around her into booby traps. Ex. said lockers opening up and eating a passing enemy, or breaking containers to release a Radial Blind.

Old 2014-06-25, 20:25   Link #858
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

New Tenno Reinforcements: new Venka, the wolverine claws we saw with the datamining from Loki Prime, and a new Pyra Syandana, an animated syandana that looks like its on fire. Goes great with Ember Prime.
Old 2014-06-25, 22:22   Link #859
TaintedDream
Translator

A new stance that goes along with Venka as well, "Malicious Raptor", which drops from Grineer Powerfists.
Old 2014-06-26, 04:28   Link #860
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
According to today's Devstream, said Frame is apparently a trickster-themed frame. One of her powers is supposed to turn innocuous objects like lockers, crates, ziplines etc. within a radius around her into booby traps. Ex. said lockers opening up and eating a passing enemy, or breaking containers to release a Radial Blind.
Well now that's an.... interestingly-designed frame.

It's definitely got an infested theme going on in it.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyborg, fps, free, ninja