AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2014-04-13, 15:33   Link #1
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Fund. This. NOW!: Manga/LNs/VNs you most want animated.

This thread is pretty much exactly as the title suggests, what you want made into an anime, and what studio, seiyuu etc you would like to see involved.

Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There:

Studio of Choice: Madhouse. Definitely, given their experience animating action series including Black Lagoon and Highschool of Dead, as well as their general track record of quality.

Cast

Notice, I am no seiyuu expert, I'm basing these choices on seiyuu who played similar characters well.

Youji Itami: Yutaka Koizumi (Voice of Tatsuhiro Sato of Welcome to the NHK) Given Itami's past as an otaku who graduated from a mediocre college, who joined the JSDF officer corps because no one else would take him. Also, given people who have played similar roles well, possibly Nobuyuki Hiyama (Kouta Hirano of Highschool of the Dead), but I'd actually say Koizumi actually better fit the character.

Shino Kuribayashi: Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy of Black Lagoon), Sayaka Oohara (Valmet, Jormungand), Kaori Satou (Karen Lo, also Jormungand), or possibly even Miyuki Sawashiro (Saeko Busujima, HOTD; Cal Devens, Phantom of Inferno). Generally, some who can do the "borderline psychotic female character well.

Toshio Kurata: Possibly Nobuyuki Hiyama if we use Yutaka Koizumi for Youji.

Other JSDF personnel: No real idea, but Jouji Nakata would probably fit in here somewhere.

Rory(/Rouri/Rori) Mercury: Murata Tomosa (Yuno Gasai, Mirai Nikki), or possibly Nakahara Mai (Rena Ryuguu, Higurashi) or Yukino Satsuki (Sonozaki Twins, also Higurashi). I imagined Rory as an almost more "youthful" kind of psychotic (in spite of actually being 961 years old).

Other Special Region Characters: Not sure.

Risa (Youji's ex-wife): Izumi Kitta (Tomoko Kuroki, WataMote). If you've read the manga, you know why- not as gloomy as Tomoko, but gives off the same hardcore otaku girl vibe.

Zorzal L. Caesar: With apologies to Shintaro Asanuma for recommending him to play an misogynistic, abusive, rapist asshole because he already played one (Keita Minato, Kara no Kyoukai)!

Will add more series I'd like to see animated later, including Saya no Uta, Kikokugai, Cradle of Monsters, Cage of Eden, and more.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 18:53   Link #2
Lyocol

Title: Crescendo(Digital Object)
Studio: Most likely feel or KyoAni

Too bad Digital Object already said Crescendo will not going to be adapted into anime or manga. Perhaps this is the good time for them to change their minds.
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 23:10   Link #3
Esclair

Title: Tower of God
Studio: Bones

Of course this is never happening though.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 23:35   Link #4
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Title: Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo / G Senjou no Mao (Akabesoft VNs)
Studio: Pre K-on era Kyoani. If that's not really possible then I don't really mind as long as it's not like Deen, Feel, Xebec, Seven Arcs and other "trash" studios. Though Deen is no where near as bad as they were in the past.

Title: Narcissu / True Rememrbance
Studio:: Same as above.
Old 2014-04-14, 00:21   Link #5
Utsuro no Hako

My choices are pretty much, "Things I wish were on noitaminA now," so instead of naming a studio, I'm going to go with the production crew I think is best suited to the material.

Umimachi Diary: The Honey & Clover or Bunny Drop team.
Sakamoto Desu Ga: Kids on the Slope
Koe no Katachi: Wandering Son

I'd throw in Oyasumi Punpun, but I can't imagine anyone who'd be capable of handling that.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 00:29   Link #6
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

Any of Kamachi's other works, please.

Heavy Object by Sunrise.
The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage by J.C. Staff?
The Zashiki-Warashi of Intellectual Village by A-1 Pictures.
A Simple Series by SHAFT.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 02:28   Link #7
Rocksmash

Title: Planetarian ~The Dream of a Little Planet~
Studio: No particular preference but get the animation crew from Kotonoha no Niwa to do the rain effect since there's plenty of rain.
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 02:45   Link #8
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ai Kora: from the creator of Midori No Hibi
JC Staff
Old 2014-04-14, 02:59   Link #9
all_flying

Title: Shinonome Yuuko
All three LN volumes.

I don't care which studio as long as it has Nakamura Yuuichi and/or Hayami Saori to boot!
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 04:37   Link #10
justpassingby

Everything by Sasamoto Yuuichi-sensei, with Mikako-shi as the main heroine. Especially please redo the ARIEL. :P
30 years in the industry and the father of LN is still not animated.
Old 2014-04-14, 21:14   Link #11
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Saya No Uta

Studio Hmm... As for the ones Urobuchi has worked with, Production IG probably best fits the atmosphere of the series. Madhouse might also be able to do a good job with something like this.

Cast: The VN already has a voice cast.

As for the ending, if I were making the anime, I would either use the closest thing to a good end
Spoiler for Saya no Uta spoilers:
. Either that, Or I would make three different episodes, one for each ending, perhaps having the ending I listed earlier as the "main ending", with OVAs of the two others.

Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer

Studio: Given their experience with Psycho Pass, I definitely would say Production IG. This could practically take place in the same universe as Psycho Pass (now there's a crossover idea!)

Cast:

Kong Taoluo: Hidenobu Kiuchi (Hei, Darker than Black)

Not sure about any of the other characters.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 23:18   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
This thread is pretty much exactly as the title suggests, what you want made into an anime, and what studio, seiyuu etc you would like to see involved.

Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There:

Studio of Choice: Madhouse. Definitely, given their experience animating action series including Black Lagoon and Highschool of Dead, as well as their general track record of quality.

Cast

Notice, I am no seiyuu expert, I'm basing these choices on seiyuu who played similar characters well.

Youji Itami: Yutaka Koizumi (Voice of Tatsuhiro Sato of Welcome to the NHK) Given Itami's past as an otaku who graduated from a mediocre college, who joined the JSDF officer corps because no one else would take him. Also, given people who have played similar roles well, possibly Nobuyuki Hiyama (Kouta Hirano of Highschool of the Dead), but I'd actually say Koizumi actually better fit the character.

Shino Kuribayashi: Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy of Black Lagoon), Sayaka Oohara (Valmet, Jormungand), Kaori Satou (Karen Lo, also Jormungand), or possibly even Miyuki Sawashiro (Saeko Busujima, HOTD; Cal Devens, Phantom of Inferno). Generally, some who can do the "borderline psychotic female character well.

Toshio Kurata: Possibly Nobuyuki Hiyama if we use Yutaka Koizumi for Youji.

Other JSDF personnel: No real idea, but Jouji Nakata would probably fit in here somewhere.

Rory(/Rouri/Rori) Mercury: Murata Tomosa (Yuno Gasai, Mirai Nikki), or possibly Nakahara Mai (Rena Ryuguu, Higurashi) or Yukino Satsuki (Sonozaki Twins, also Higurashi). I imagined Rory as an almost more "youthful" kind of psychotic (in spite of actually being 961 years old).

Other Special Region Characters: Not sure.

Risa (Youji's ex-wife): Izumi Kitta (Tomoko Kuroki, WataMote). If you've read the manga, you know why- not as gloomy as Tomoko, but gives off the same hardcore otaku girl vibe.

Zorzal L. Caesar: With apologies to Shintaro Asanuma for recommending him to play an misogynistic, abusive, rapist asshole because he already played one (Keita Minato, Kara no Kyoukai)!

Will add more series I'd like to see animated later, including Saya no Uta, Kikokugai, Cradle of Monsters, Cage of Eden, and more.

GATE is probably just a matter of time now, tbh.
The sales of the novel has already hit the million-mark milestone, franchise-wise it's already at the point where someone should be looking to pick it up.
Old 2014-04-15, 14:54   Link #13
cupumanager

Otoyomegatari
I know I'm not alone at wanting this...also this is Taisho Award winner, come on...

Adaptation Composition: Animate until Chapter 35, the end of Hargal Arc, with added closure. 2 Cours, split to maintain quality. Average 1.5 Chapter per Episode, with Action Chapter quickly animated by 2 Chapter per Episode.

Studio: I'm not very knowledgeable about this.
The most pressing point is the studio must be able to adapt the detail of Kaoru Mori's art. Hoping the adaptation at least Seirei no Moribito level.

Cast: Not knowledgeable, and generally do not care too much, unless proved notable.

Music: Central Asian BGM would be nice.

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-04-15 at 15:08.
cupumanager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:19   Link #14
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Ai Kora: from the creator of Midori No Hibi
JC Staff
You beat me to it .

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking off your post with some additions .

Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai

Series Composition: Yosuke Kuroda

Episode Count: Ideally, several 2-cour anime seasons with a couple of OVA's.

Cast:

Hachibei Maeda - Kenichi Suzumura

Sakurako Tenmaku - Yui Horie

Tsubame Ameyagi - Hitomi Nabatame

Yukari Tsukino - Ami Koshimizu

Kirino Ootori - Haruka Tomatsu

Ayame Yatsuhashi - Shizuka Itou

Sayo - Mamiko Noto

Ryuunosuke Shibusawa - Hiroyuki Yoshino

Yoichiro Tatsumi - Kappei Yamaguchi

Umeka Outani - Megumi Nakajima

Seishirou Aburazaka - Katsuyuki Konisihi
Old 2014-04-17, 09:44   Link #15
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Title: Koi Dano Ai Dano

I'd love to see this animated. Not sure why it so under the radar for most people.

Studio: A-1 Pictures is probably the best fit. Although KyoAni, P.A. Works, and SynergySP could all probably do a good job. Maybe even Studio Comet. Since Koi Dano is a bit... unique, it might be interesting to see what a new studio like Ordet would make of it.

Cast: I'm not that picky, but I think Chiaki Omigawa would be a good pick for Kanako Naedoko.

That's the big one I'd pick.

Title: Angel Densetsu

This is an old one, and it does have a short OVA, but I'd really like an anime that isn't just the first couple chapters.

Studio: Well... Studio Deen or Toei Animation as constituted in the 1980's would be the classic picks. I guess they could still pull it off even now. David Productions has handled Jojo really well so they would be interesting.

Strangely though, I think P.A. Works might be the best pick for animating this. While it is an "action" manga, the real heart of it comes from the characters. Something like the Hanasaku Iroha style would fit pretty well, and P.A. Works has done some action like Angel Beats.

Cast: Kitano will need some thought. He must have an absolutely villainous evil voice, that can also screech, and when agitated becomes incomprehensible. Yet it must also pass as plausibly gentle. Kitano's father should probably be Norio Wakamoto... unless Wakamoto wants to be Kitano himself. To play Ryoko... maybe Noriko Hidaka? Ikuno should probably be Houko Kuwashima (for the voice casting gag, plus she would do a good job).

Others I would like animated:

Title: Taiyou no Ie
Studio: P.A. Works

Title: Last Game
Studio: P.A. Works

Title: That Future Is A Lie
Studio: KyoAni would do a great job, but I doubt they are available. Has a Minami-Ke like feel, so I guess Feel or Daume could handle it.

Title: MX0
Studio: J.C. Staff

Okay MX0 won't ever happen, but let me dream!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2014-04-17 at 18:59.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 23:23   Link #16
all_flying

Title: Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete

I mean c'mon, its 5bp, won 3rd place in Getchu 2012 bishoujo game award... though I only want to see Ageha route... which is very unlikely if it gets an adaptation... even though the interaction between Aoi, Ageha and Hotaru were just pure gold (Triangle, more focus upon the MC (Aoi) and his relation with Ageha (not Ageha herself), impending friend-zone, and chuuni hax! Ageha herself is hax to begin with ).

Studio: AIC or feel or Madhouse (because they're known for making omnibus format) or manglobe (because they known for making not-first-girl as primary love interest)

Cast: original seiyuu

Last edited by all_flying; Yesterday at 23:22.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote