AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-01-01, 19:03   Link #461
king1980

Need Help To Identify Anime/Movie 1985-1993

Some children are playing on a beach. A dragon comes to eat the children, but a young boy (Nara - I can't remember if that is his name) saves them, and kills the dragon, by taking out his spine. The dragons body, sinks to the bottom of the ocean, to his father castle. The dragon's father is so angry that he tells the dragons, who decided they want the life of the boy who murdered their kin, and if they don't get it, they will take the lives of the villagers.

Meanwhile the boy is playing at home with the dragons spine, proud of defeating the evil dragon. When his father finds out what he has done, he confiscates the boys gold ring and red ribbon - (the weapons he used to kill the dragon). His father is so angry and disappointed with his son.

The dragons come in search of the boy and find Nara's father. The dragons find Nara's father and tell him to kill his son as a sacrifice. Meanwhile the dragons are sending strong wind an rains to take the lives of the villagers. Nara's father can't kill his son, so the Nara takes his own life, to save the people in his village. When he dies, a crane comes and takes his soul to an old man who puts it into a flower.

The village is safe, the dragon who lost his son celebrates at the bottom of the ocean.

The flower opens, and the boy is re-born, but now he has magical powers. His ring and ribbon are returned to him, and He goes to the bottom of the ocean, and kills the evil dragon.

Everyone celebrates because there are no evil dragons to terrorise the village anymore, and because the child had returned, but the child has to leave because he is no longer mortal.

It was set in Ancient Orient?

I saw it television in the UK some time during those years. sorry I cant be anymore specific.
king1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:59   Link #462
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by king1980
Some children are playing on a beach. A dragon comes to eat the children, but a young boy (Nara - I can't remember if that is his name) saves them, and kills the dragon, by taking out his spine. The dragons body, sinks to the bottom of the ocean, to his father castle. The dragon's father is so angry that he tells the dragons, who decided they want the life of the boy who murdered their kin, and if they don't get it, they will take the lives of the villagers.
That is the Chinese legend of Nataku. Apparently there's an anime called Soul Hunter that features something like what you described.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/soul_hunter/index.htm
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 22:44   Link #463
Willmatic

Send a message via AIM to Willmatic
What was that anime...?

... where an older brother got seperated from his little sister, then later on in the future he's a teacher, she's his student and they fall in love and then later on they learn the truth?
Old 2005-01-02, 06:44   Link #464
king1980

Thumbs up Chinese legend of Nataku

Thank you for your quick response The Yellow Dwarf.
king1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 11:06   Link #465
swerv
Stay Up

edit: banged my head and remembered
Old 2005-01-03, 18:36   Link #466
phillai

Can anyone help me recognise this anime series?

Hi there! Before I start, I would like to say a personal thanks to Animesuki for existing. You've got so much unbelievable anime that it's so fricking cool!

Anyway, I have a problem.
I wanna relieve my youth and I'm having problems recognising two anime series that I watched when I was younger.

Right, both of these may not be Japanese but I guess that they are Japanese in the first place. I watched these when I was younger all in Chinese.

The first one is an anime series based on a boy who has unbelievable skills in 'videogaming'. Yep, that's right, he gets challenged often in the series and he always wins in the end.

The second one is a funny anime series based on two ninja brothers. They have cool gadgets similar to what Doremon has got and they sleep on these beds upside down on the ceiling. The older blue dressed ninja always had a tendency to wet his pants in bed! His younger ninja brother always dressed in red.

And that's as much as I remember. I probably watched these about 20 years ago. I just hope that someone is on the same wave length as me here as I really wanna know what both of these anime series are called and if there are on Animesuki then I will be a happy person if I can watch them all over again.

Thanks for reading and I thank you in advance if you can help me out here...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-01-03 at 18:48. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before creating new threads! At least look at the bloody stickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 02:22   Link #467
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmatic
... where an older brother got seperated from his little sister, then later on in the future he's a teacher, she's his student and they fall in love and then later on they learn the truth?
Is it..."Koikaze?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillai
The first one is an anime series based on a boy who has unbelievable skills in 'videogaming'. Yep, that's right, he gets challenged often in the series and he always wins in the end.
"Game Center Arashi"

You may want to check out the recently released "Arcade Gamer Fubuki" which is (in some sort) a continuation of Arashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillai
The second one is a funny anime series based on two ninja brothers. They have cool gadgets similar to what Doremon has got and they sleep on these beds upside down on the ceiling. The older blue dressed ninja always had a tendency to wet his pants in bed! His younger ninja brother always dressed in red.
What you have described is awfully similar to "Ninja Hattori-kun," which is done by the same person(s) who did "Doraemon" - the late Fujiko F. Fujio.

Last edited by kj1980; 2005-01-04 at 15:50.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 02:29   Link #468
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Alchemist
Somehow I was reminded of an obscure game for the Turbo Grafx 16 called Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. While looking at the pics of the game, I vaguely recall seeing a familiar Anime with the main character that looked exactly like the guy in the game. I also remember there was a small princess, and a fat samurai with two katanas and I think there were robot mechs also. I thought it was called Keith Courage, but when I ran a search on Yahoo, it turned up nothing but obscure articles about the game. Anyone know what the anime is called?
Easy.

We laughed at your "Turbo Grafix 16" back then because it came with the title "Keith Courage."

What was so funny about it? Because the original Japanese title for "Keith Courage" is... "Majin Eiyuuden Wataru."

"Majin Eiyuuden Wataru" was a very popular Japanese anime back then, and it was released as a game on our PC Engine.

We were wondering who the heck in marketing in the States would get the name "Keith Courage" from Wataru.

For your reference to check it out, here's a HP to the "Majin Eiyuuden Wataru" DVD-box site in Japanese: http://www.vap.co.jp/wataru/
Old 2005-01-04, 12:30   Link #469
Blackstar_Kitty

Exclamation Lookin for an anime help please!!!!

hey! I'm searching for an anime..honestly I know nothing about it but I found this picture..and I really love it if someone tell me where it's from..? please please ^^

Blackstar_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:45   Link #470
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstar_Kitty
hey! I'm searching for an anime..honestly I know nothing about it but I found this picture..and I really love it if someone tell me where it's from..? please please ^^

May from "Guilty Gear" series

It's a kakuge- (action fighting game) for the PS2
Old 2005-01-04, 20:49   Link #471
phillai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Is it..."Koikaze?"

"Game Center Arashi"

You may want to check out the recently released "Arcade Gamer Fubuki" which is (in some sort) a continuation of Arashi

What you have described is awfully similar to "Ninja Hattori-kun," which is done by the same person(s) who did "Doraemon" - the late Fujiko F. Fujio.
Thanks for your reply. I shall give those a try! Thanks once again!
phillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:12   Link #472
Onesimus

Exclamation Need help in identifying anime series through two GIF files

Greetings:

I came to this forum so I can ask people on helping to identify an anime series my fellow denizens on the Anime On DVD forum are interested in.

Here are the links to the GIF files in question:

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/2668/wj6029.gif
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/3156/11047834352287aa.gif

The anime series is current due to the characters' design and the fact that it is computer-animated. I am unfamilar with the character designs, but I expect someone on this forum may be familar with them and may identify this anime series. I am unsure whether this anime series is fansubbed, but I know that it is not from a licensed title.

Any help is appreciated.
Onesimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 03:01   Link #473
Onesimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDow
hey does anyone know what this one is? I remember seeing it on SciFi back in like.. maybe 93 or 94 something like that. it was a movie about this planet that was going to blow up(i think a bad guy rigged it or something, for what reason I dont know) there was this girl with telepathic powers and the bad guy used her to blow up the planet. When the planet started to blow the ship that carried the entire population(minus the heroes of the story or whatever they were, the main characters) didnt make it off the planet but the main characters did along with two older people, a husband and wife I believe who just got in space suits and were floating in space together and acknowledged they would die soon. The main characters then went to the only planet that could be lived on and it was I guess modern day earth, the clip didnt show anything futuristic like a space age for earth or anything. Im pretty sure it was a movie but I really only caught the end of it. Any ideas? Thanks
I remembered watching a dub version of this film on the SciFi Channel years ago. The title of the film is "The E.Y.E.S. of Mars."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289171/

I wondered if I answered too late?
Onesimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 05:47   Link #474
LookCrabs

Okay so this is a faint shot in the dark. I saw an English dub some time ago on the sci-fi channel.

- The main thing I remember is a scene with a pool table in a bar, I think. The main character meets this guy who throws explosive scalpels that he can pull from his sleeve.

- I think the main character was lured into a trap and is put to sleep, by a spell of some sort.
o I think there is a little kid with a ball (I think the ball is red if there is even a ball) who is really a demon of some sort.
- I think the antagonist is floating horizontally over a big alchemy circle type thing.
o I remember a sword I think the antagonist is carrying it while floating.
o I think he has his eyes closed and I think he may have white hair
o I think the circle was red/orange/shiny.
- I think there is a scene where there is a puddle and some character is pulled under the surface and is trapped under water. (this could be another series entirely as my mind likes to smash things together)
- I remember a big tower looking at plant cannons and person/seed would be loaded into a pod and then shot out (again this could be another series)
o I think silver hair is very rare and is very important in this one.

For the longest time I thought this was either Vampire Hunter D or some off shoot of it but I just watched it today and only one scene that I remember was in it. (A scene where Dís hand eats dirt, pulls out the stake, and wakes up D.)

Oh and one more. I remember this one clearly.
- There is a girl hunter (which I think is very rare in the series) who is the main
Character
- Her hair is partially braided/beaded.
- She has this earring/necklace that marks her as a hunter
- Her brother or someone close to her is killed by some monster
- She has a car sized ship deal that can make this crystal shield around it.

- I remember one part where she drives up in some dirt town and a gang of orphaned kids try to rob her and she ends showing them compassion. I think they try to take her car.

- The monster is this demon thatís all black except for this mask that is placed near the top.
- The mask is white with two red marks on it (I think)
- The mask can shoot out but is connected to the black body of the monster by this red muscle like chord.
- The monster is supposedly invincible

Sorry for the trouble. I know the descriptions canít get any worse. Sadly it is the best I can remember. Any help with them would be greatly appreciated.
LookCrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 17:56   Link #475
GrapeSoda

Anyone know what this anime is?

THe guy in the picture had telekinetic powers and he was fighting a guy with some sort of laser gun.
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:06   Link #476
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeSoda
Anyone know what this anime is?

THe guy in the picture had telekinetic powers and he was fighting a guy with some sort of laser gun.
It's from the movie Akira. The manga's much better though.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:12   Link #477
GrapeSoda

Awsome, thanks. I saw it somewhere and I liked the old animation style. I'll get to tracking it down^^
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 01:31   Link #478
Ayla

Send a message via AIM to Ayla
What is this anime?

I've seen clips of it in AMV's..it looks funny, but I don't know what it is called...there is a girl with black hair, and another girl with brownish pigtails (in the AMV, the girl with black hair took off the other girls pigtails, put them on herself and flew away???) The style reminds me of Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu.....

Anyone know? I know it's pretty vague..I'll see if I can find the AMV..

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-23 at 02:08. Reason: Threads merged. Please read the "sticky" threads before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 01:31   Link #479
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla
I've seen clips of it in AMV's..it looks funny, but I don't know what it is called...there is a girl with black hair, and another girl with brownish pigtails (in the AMV, the girl with black hair took off the other girls pigtails, put them on herself and flew away???) The style reminds me of Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu.....

Anyone know? I know it's pretty vague..I'll see if I can find the AMV..
Azumanga Daioh?

You probably should've posted that here.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 01:32   Link #480
jedinat
フリーター

Azumanga Daioh
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, quotes, search, visual novel