AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-02-21, 01:24   Link #5241
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post

OK, I need a memory jump-start...I used to know what this was from because it's particular style caught my eye and I looked it up, but I forgot where I found out about it, and now I don't remember what it's from anymore...

Here's a wallpaper example of what it is

What it is
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 10:36   Link #5242
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

It's Asu no Kimi to Au Tameni (NSFW link) by Purplesoft.
Old 2009-02-21, 15:09   Link #5243
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Hey guys.

I remember watching an anime many years ago but can't remember the name however I do recall a few scenes.

First off, there was a girl and a woman being attack by enemy soldiers inside a train - I think the landscape outside was tundra - but the enemy soldiers were armed with stun weapons.

The girl draws a handgun and the woman says she shouldn't use it since the train might blow up - nuclear powered? - but the girl smiles and says "Not if it's a synthetic gun" and knocks the enemy soldiers out.

The other scene was in some sort of ice cave it was probably the climax of the movie. The girl and woman were surrounded by the bad guys who I can only describe as some form of super agile assassins.

The woman draws her gun and one of the assassins attacks her. The assassin jumps at her with an open palm and snaps her neck to the slide just as she pulls the trigger and kills them.

The woman is somehow the woman is still alive and manages to have some big deep and meaningful talk with the girl but the fact she was still alive is what made the scene stick to my mind.

Has anyone scene anything like this or am I just going insane...
I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but so far its the first thing that comes to my mind. I also don't remember much about it, but it matches a few of your elements.

Maybe URDA (ANN link)? It's an ONA/OVA (web release) and not a movie, and it's only from a few years ago (2003), and done it CG. Topic is a fictional secret project involving Nazis.

(On second thought, this probably is NOT what you are looking for, as you have a rather detailed description, and I'm not sure most of the things line up.)

(may not be worth your time to read, but if you have time, or are curious, you might check this)
Spoiler for A few connections between description and the show mentioned above:

What you've described sounds vaguely familiar, but I really can't remember it, and URDA was the only title that I remember seeing all of, that happened to pop into my mind.

Last edited by anime2004; 2009-02-21 at 15:14. Reason: removed semi-redundant line
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 15:57   Link #5244
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuja88 View Post
Spoiler for pic:

Does anyone know what the title for this is?
She seems to be Beako.

Read more about it here(nsfw link).
Old 2009-02-22, 10:53   Link #5245
Bartowski

Hello Guys,

hope you can help me identify this anime that I watched during the 90s (aired in the Philippines, not sure which network 7 or 2 ^^)...

As I remember, there was this boy who has a sword... I think he uses it to summon a dragon (robot) which transforms into a humanoid robot..

btw the illustration of the robot is like a midget, it was small and somewhat similar to one of the "Gundam" series.. SD Gundam Force

The summoning and transformation sequence is kinda like this...

The boy raises the sword.. and then the mech-dragon ( traditional dragon illustration, no wings) arrives.. then the boy jumps on top of the dragon.. *not really sure what happens next* and then the dragon-form robot will transform into a humanoid-form robot..

The robot can also change into different kinds of armor.. (Robot Specialty ^^)

*I think there are elemental Gods,spirits.. forces (don't know what to call them) which the boy encounters throughout the series.. This elemental things combine with the robot which causes the robot to change it's armor appearance*

the first one is it's original armor (coming from a dragon form to a humanoid) i think this is color Red.. i think it has an orb in the middle..

the second is like an ice-theme armor (light blue-ish)

the third is a black armor but this time it's main characteristic that stands out from the rest is that it has this huge sword, bigger than the actual robot..

I think there are 5 types of armor but I don't remember the rest..

*The robot looks like a small version of Raijin-oh and resembles the illustration of SD Gundam Force (mini-gundam)*
Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 16:39   Link #5246
Ulan

Hey guys, my friend and I are trying to look for a girl who has black hair and red eyes. She sort of resembles Enma Ai, but her long hair has curls in the end and she's wearing some sort of dress.

Hairstyle is kind of like this (this isn't the character we're looking for, though):

Sorry about the limited information, but any help would be appreciated! Even just listing all the black hair and red eyed anime/game girls you know.
Ulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 17:15   Link #5247
Quancio

Ulan

Try www.animecharactersdatabase.com

Maybe you will find it there. This site helped me a lot of times.
Quancio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 17:50   Link #5248
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Today, i did 2 posts in theards, that were deleted.. One was about novel suggestion. There was an interesting review about one and i was just about to ask the name but just few minutes later, the theard is gone.

Well, the novel is about a boy and a girl, that were in a war. Its about, that the girl is an otaku and has a H-game on CD. The boy finds out about it and.. ehm..

Well i hope im lucky, that someone of you know, which novel im talking about.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks to the Baka-Tsuki community, i found the novel, i was looking for.

Its "Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai".

Spoiler for pic of cover:
Old 2009-02-22, 23:46   Link #5249
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartowski View Post
Hello Guys,

hope you can help me identify this anime that I watched during the 90s (aired in the Philippines, not sure which network 7 or 2 ^^)...

As I remember, there was this boy who has a sword... I think he uses it to summon a dragon (robot) which transforms into a humanoid robot..

btw the illustration of the robot is like a midget, it was small and somewhat similar to one of the "Gundam" series.. SD Gundam Force

The summoning and transformation sequence is kinda like this...

The boy raises the sword.. and then the mech-dragon ( traditional dragon illustration, no wings) arrives.. then the boy jumps on top of the dragon.. *not really sure what happens next* and then the dragon-form robot will transform into a humanoid-form robot..

The robot can also change into different kinds of armor.. (Robot Specialty ^^)

*I think there are elemental Gods,spirits.. forces (don't know what to call them) which the boy encounters throughout the series.. This elemental things combine with the robot which causes the robot to change it's armor appearance*

the first one is it's original armor (coming from a dragon form to a humanoid) i think this is color Red.. i think it has an orb in the middle..

the second is like an ice-theme armor (light blue-ish)

the third is a black armor but this time it's main characteristic that stands out from the rest is that it has this huge sword, bigger than the actual robot..

I think there are 5 types of armor but I don't remember the rest..

*The robot looks like a small version of Raijin-oh and resembles the illustration of SD Gundam Force (mini-gundam)*
Either Mashin Eiyuden Wataru or Mashin Eiyuden Wataru 2.
Old 2009-02-23, 04:25   Link #5250
Bartowski

@Riker

Chou Mashin Eiyuden Wataru - yup this is it...

Thnx a lot!!
Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 19:28   Link #5251
ginran
~Smile~

okay, I have this one anime that I saw a few years ago, and I never knew the name or anything, because I only watched one scene and then I had to leave so I turned it off. So, Im really sorry that I dont have a lot of info to work with, but Ill try my best to be detailed.

It was a mecha anime and from what I remeber, the characters were in the middle of either a game or a battle, most likely a battle. They all looked like kids, no older than teenagers. One of the kids was really young, she looked no older than about 10, probably even younger.

The little girl had stopped doing....whatever it was they were doing. She was sitting in the open cockpit of her mech and two or so other kids had stopped to go to her. I think she said something along the lines of "go on" or "continue without me"(this Im not so sure about), and then she closed her eyes and looked like she might have died. The thing I remember best is that the little girl was wearing a shirt with a smiley face on the front.

I appreciate any help, and Im sorry if my description is no good.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 00:48   Link #5252
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Kinda reminds me of GunParade March

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 20:40   Link #5253
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Kinda reminds me of GunParade March
that could be it, but they look like they all wear a uniform...I found this character, she looks like they youngest one: Higashihara Nonomi. Does she ever wear a smiley face shirt? thats really the biggest little detail I remember, I'm really sorry!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 23:16   Link #5254
Calca
Expressionless

Had an anime on the hard drive that got erased awhile ago when my HDD crashed.

It's pretty common and familiar so it shouldn't be hard to name. I just forgot the name of it. I believe it was licensed earlier.

It's the six episode OVA of the boy with meningitis who meets a girl in the hospital with a terminal illness. Came out a couple years ago. Very popular here.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 23:43   Link #5255
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
It's the six episode OVA of the boy with meningitis who meets a girl in the hospital with a terminal illness. Came out a couple years ago. Very popular here.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 00:43   Link #5256
Penpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penpa View Post
I am again asking to see if anyone knows of or remember seeing this next anime from the 90's.

I don't recall much of it but I give what I can remember.

There is this tall tower that extends into the sky and maybe space and at the middle of the tower is a circular disc that spins around that prevents it from swaying to stabilize the tower and its' height. During the tower construction two partners were in some kinda fight and one gets tossed off the tower in the construction and falls to his death beneath the tower foundation. Later years after construction there is ghost like events happening with the tower and like. But only after some investigates the foundation do they find a corpse like body of one of the partners now part of the tower itself and or merge into the tower complex and wiring making the whole tower himself. I don't recall much of the name but if anyone make sense of what I just describe would be a great help in knowing the title of the movie. Thanks...
I think I found it finally by accident it's called Cyber City Oedo 808.
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 03:19   Link #5257
diinastar

Send a message via MSN to diinastar
What anime??

I have two figurines in my collection that i dont know which anime they are from. Please help? ^^

and

Thanks in advance XD
diinastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 03:23   Link #5258
Westlo
Lets be reality

Last one is Morigan from Darkstalkers which is a 2d fighting game from Capcom, similar to Street Fighter.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 03:53   Link #5259
brocko

First ones looks to be Al Azif from Demonbane imo.
Here's the OP to Demonbane just because I think it's catchy and action packed as damn hell

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 03:56   Link #5260
diinastar

Send a message via MSN to diinastar
awesome! thanks so much <3
diinastar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, quotes, search, visual novel