AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-25, 05:32   Link #561
Bleach
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
cant recall anime name!!!!!!1

hello.. i remember watching an anime a long time ago and i cant remember the name now... it was a kungfu anime about a kid who dresses in red kungfu clothes and he goes to kungfu classes to protect his sister i think.. in 1 epiasode he was training close to an ocean and he was trying to break the moons reflection in the ocean. thats all i can remember .. any ideas???

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-25 at 05:41. Reason: Threads merged. Please read the "stickies" before you post a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 13:02   Link #562
Gaiarth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South of England
Age: 47
I've only read some of the manga, not seen the anime, but it sounds like Iron Fist Chinmi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=112
Gaiarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:03   Link #563
Bleach
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiarth
I've only read some of the manga, not seen the anime, but it sounds like Iron Fist Chinmi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=112

omg your good lol .. yup thats the one.. thankyou!!!!!
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:32   Link #564
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Illinois
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
I saw this a long time back, dubbed in VHS form from the library.

Please forgive the incoherency of my post, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it all together...

What I remember:
there's a bald guy with a long beard chasing ghosts (killing/ catching?)
-what i really remember about him, when he is fighting... someone, he comments on how he's bald because he doesn't want his hair getting in the way (paraphrase)
1.) human boy falls in love with a ghost in some city
2.) girl and ghost go through some place wqith massive hammers that put stamps on people's heads to make them forget who they are (reincarnation)
3.) boy and ghost try hard to avoid the hammers, boy loses sight of ghost
4.) boy goes to the place where girl is to be reincarnated, turns out the baby there is a boy
5.) Boy finds ghost by the lake, movie ends with him running down the shore, with girl following in the water

I'm sorry, but that's pretty much all that I remember. *shakes head* Thank you. *crosses fingers*
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:46   Link #565
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestuousfury
I saw this a long time back, dubbed in VHS form from the library.

Please forgive the incoherency of my post, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it all together...

What I remember:
there's a bald guy with a long beard chasing ghosts (killing/ catching?)
-what i really remember about him, when he is fighting... someone, he comments on how he's bald because he doesn't want his hair getting in the way (paraphrase)
1.) human boy falls in love with a ghost in some city
2.) girl and ghost go through some place wqith massive hammers that put stamps on people's heads to make them forget who they are (reincarnation)
3.) boy and ghost try hard to avoid the hammers, boy loses sight of ghost
4.) boy goes to the place where girl is to be reincarnated, turns out the baby there is a boy
5.) Boy finds ghost by the lake, movie ends with him running down the shore, with girl following in the water

I'm sorry, but that's pretty much all that I remember. *shakes head* Thank you. *crosses fingers*
It is undeniably Chinese Ghost Story. Everything you remembered is correct. I liked that movie a lot.

Incidently, this was based on a live action Hong Kong move of the same name. After that movie was successful, the director made an animated movie which has the same theme as the original, but almost nothing else in common. Both the live action and animated versions of this movie are amazing. Beautifully tragic and full of heartwrenching emotion. With a lot of cool action scenes too of course.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-26 at 07:57.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:55   Link #566
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Illinois
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
OMG! Thank You!!!!

Though I wanted to mention the Chinese aspect to it, but wasn't sure if that applied. Now to obtain that and to keep in mind the live action comment.

Now to hopefully view the heart-wrenching anime and add to my sad anime repertoire that is Air TV.

Thanks Again! *Roars his satisfaction*

*Angry Roar* AniDB people don't know how to rate things. 6.65!! *grr*
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 09:36   Link #567
orcit
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Where is this pic from?

Was watching around in animesuki forums and i saw this avatar.
http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/u...AVATAR-ffr.gif

What anime is it from?
orcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 10:00   Link #568
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 35
Excel Saga, the episode where Excel switches bodies with Hyatt.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 20:45   Link #569
donna8157
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
What anime is this picture from?

donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:15   Link #570
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Looks like the peeps from Fate/stay night posing as members of Section 9 in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 01:19   Link #571
GrungeHamster
Just passing through
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guadalajara, México
Hello!
I was wondering if you could help me identify these two series that I only got a glimpse of when I was in Japan in summer 2004:

1) The first one is about a Battleship, in maybe a futuristic setting. I think I remember that the character design looks like Rah-Xephon's, but I'm not sure. Sorry about the crappy description, but that was only what I watched. Plus, I think it was maybe broadcasted in TV Tokyo, Thursdays like 6 or 6:30 pm, just before Terebi Champion. Well, I'm not sure if it was Thursday or Friday, but I remember that it was later in the week than Naruto. Again, this was like July, 2004.

2) About the second one, I remember that I saw a car chase. Well, I think it also feautured some mechas and motorbikes. Also, there was a lot of explosions, and people jumping from car to car, fighting each other, and mindless killing. It was also a futuristic setting, and maybe there were some cyborg chicks, whick one had purple hair. Again, sorry about the crappy description, but in this case I was quite drunk, lol. But, what I can remember is that it was very late in the night, like 2 or 2:30 am, and that it was a Tuesday (well, technically it was already Wednesday). Also, this was like late August, 2004, and Athen's Olympic Games were still one. I'm very sorry, but I don't remember the channel, but I think that it was a different one than Otogizoushi and Monster.

I'd really appreciate if someone can come up with the titles of these two anime with this information. Thanks in advance.
GrungeHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:49   Link #572
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Those are pretty vague descriptions but could the second one possibly be Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 08:52   Link #573
gigosaga
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeHamster
Hello!
I was wondering if you could help me identify these two series that I only got a glimpse of when I was in Japan in summer 2004:

1) The first one is about a Battleship, in maybe a futuristic setting. I think I remember that the character design looks like Rah-Xephon's, but I'm not sure. Sorry about the crappy description, but that was only what I watched. Plus, I think it was maybe broadcasted in TV Tokyo, Thursdays like 6 or 6:30 pm, just before Terebi Champion. Well, I'm not sure if it was Thursday or Friday, but I remember that it was later in the week than Naruto. Again, this was like July, 2004.

I'd really appreciate if someone can come up with the titles of these two anime with this information. Thanks in advance.
Here are my two guesses that I believer were around that time frame.

Starship Operators?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4811

Starship Girl Yamamoto Youko?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1665
gigosaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 16:32   Link #574
mangatron
Oneesan's FTW!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigosaga
Here are my two guesses that I believer were around that time frame.

Starship Operators?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4811

Starship Girl Yamamoto Youko?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1665
I kinda got double taked, but Starship Sperators is a 2005 project, so I doubt it's it. If I can remember what were 2004's anime, it's not hard to find a battleship in a futuristic setting
__________________

THOSE LEGS <3
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
-*Feel My Birthday 2015
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, suturing my wound failed...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up with my posts all these years! XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 18:57   Link #575
-AR-
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: フィンランド
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeHamster
Hello!
I was wondering if you could help me identify these two series that I only got a glimpse of when I was in Japan in summer 2004:

1) The first one is about a Battleship, in maybe a futuristic setting. I think I remember that the character design looks like Rah-Xephon's, but I'm not sure. Sorry about the crappy description, but that was only what I watched. Plus, I think it was maybe broadcasted in TV Tokyo, Thursdays like 6 or 6:30 pm, just before Terebi Champion. Well, I'm not sure if it was Thursday or Friday, but I remember that it was later in the week than Naruto. Again, this was like July, 2004.
Maybe Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak? It aired Thursdays at 6:30 pm on TV Tokyo.
Quote:
2) About the second one, I remember that I saw a car chase. Well, I think it also feautured some mechas and motorbikes. Also, there was a lot of explosions, and people jumping from car to car, fighting each other, and mindless killing. It was also a futuristic setting, and maybe there were some cyborg chicks, whick one had purple hair. Again, sorry about the crappy description, but in this case I was quite drunk, lol. But, what I can remember is that it was very late in the night, like 2 or 2:30 am, and that it was a Tuesday (well, technically it was already Wednesday). Also, this was like late August, 2004, and Athen's Olympic Games were still one. I'm very sorry, but I don't remember the channel, but I think that it was a different one than Otogizoushi and Monster.
Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)? Aired on TV Asahi Tuesday nights at 2:12 am.
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 01:21   Link #576
GrungeHamster
Just passing through
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guadalajara, México
Quote:
Originally Posted by -AR-
Maybe Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak? It aired Thursdays at 6:30 pm on TV Tokyo.

Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)? Aired on TV Asahi Tuesday nights at 2:12 am.
Ah, thank you very much! I think that in the first case, it was Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak, but I'm not very sure about the second one. I'll have to watch them again to be sure, hehehe... Thanks as well to everybody that replied...
GrungeHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:37   Link #577
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc


anyone knows where this from? anime? manga?
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:54   Link #578
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69


anyone knows where this from? anime? manga?
Candidate for Goddess. That's a pic from the manga.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 03:16   Link #579
giresun27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Can somebody tell me what anime this is?

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/23/677454316nf.jpg

plz anyone knows?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-31 at 03:24. Reason: Threads merged. Please read the "stickies" before you post a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
giresun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 22:41   Link #580
AE86takumi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
who do they look like?

hey everyone ^_^

i was wondering if u think any of these look like an anime character...
if u think any of em looks like a chick in an anime then plz post japanese name and if posible a pic ^_^

AE86takumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, identification, magic, manga, quotes, search, secret, visual novel, witch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.