AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-09-06, 10:44   Link #1141
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifold
Guys, I just remember something I watched as a child. It was dubbed in Chinese. This is what I can remember of it:

There is a kid with a mouth organ/ocarina/harmonica thing, and he had a mecha (gundam-esque). The mecha and the mouth organ thing had some sort of special connection. An old man who could float, he was a perverted kind of guy who always spied on the girl they travelled with (I think).

The mecha was real special as far as I recall. There was one episode where the kid was fighting this other mecha whose tactic was to run really really fast around the opponent. The kid just closed his eyes, waited, and sliced down, cutting the other dude right in half. In another episode, the kid fights a black basilisk/serpent thing.

I really really would like to know what this series is called, I remember the animation was quite amazing. It stunned me as a kid anyway. :]
By any chance may be its Yamato Takeru. Heres the official site for bigger picture.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 12:19   Link #1142
Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
By any chance may be its Yamato Takeru. Heres the official site for bigger picture.
No, I don't think so. The images look too cartoony. Then again, judging from what NoSanninWa has said, there is a slim chance.. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
There wasn't a pit. He was dropped from a hole in the sky. (The hole in the sky connected two worlds.) Is that close enough to your memory? And yes, the dragon was all spikey. As for the scene where he chopped the other mecha in half, it was invisible and kept striking him from behind. Is that reminsicent of your memory of running around him quickly?
I guess that's close enough.

Right, one last stab. Last night I remembered one more scene. The main character finds his(?)/a mecha in a cave somewhere with a lot of greenery. There is a deep sense of emotion or some sort of culmination. The credits are very peaceful.

Also, was dragon black? I remember the mecha fighting infront of an auditorium of people. How does the pendulum relate to the mecha?

ADDED: Sorry about my blurred memory guys.. it's been a while.

I have noticed something. On the chinese channel that my family have subscribed to for the past 10-15 years, most of the chinese dubbed anime has been from Nippon Animation. Take Cooking Master Boy, Grander Musashi and Grander Musashi RV. Now Yamato Takeru that miaki has mentioned is made by Nippon too, whereas Vision of Escaflowne is some very high rated anime, according to AniDB.. Also, I have notice that in the picture, the guy is holding an ocarina in his belt and he has discovered the "buried robot Susanoo"..

Hmm.

Last edited by Manifold; 2006-09-06 at 12:42.
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 14:03   Link #1143
hooliganj
Team Player

You might be blurring the two together in your memory, even.

Quote:
Right, one last stab. Last night I remembered one more scene. The main character finds his(?)/a mecha in a cave somewhere with a lot of greenery. There is a deep sense of emotion or some sort of culmination. The credits are very peaceful.
Spoiler for Escaflowne:

Quote:
Also, was dragon black? I remember the mecha fighting infront of an auditorium of people. How does the pendulum relate to the mecha?
Spoiler for Escaflowne:

Also, there was a perverted old man with an umbrella, but he never floated around on it. He was a mole-man, and tunneled everywhere.
Old 2006-09-07, 05:03   Link #1144
Akyra

Hmmm, just wondering if anyone has seen this anime?

It's about a kid who has this special baseball pitch that's been handed down from his father. the ball will disappear mid way, then reappear right in front of the batter...Later on, he develops other pitches, like one that's insanely fast...

Manifold, that cooking master boy...is that the one where the guy has to get 4 wooden badges of some sort at the end to gain a special one and become the best cook? I think i've seen something like that in hk...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 11:54   Link #1145
Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra
Manifold, that cooking master boy...is that the one where the guy has to get 4 wooden badges of some sort at the end to gain a special one and become the best cook? I think i've seen something like that in hk...
Sort of. In the CMB world, it is possible to gain the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st and finally some sort of Master Cooking level. Cooking is held in higher prestige. If you fail at the Master Cooking level, you're never allowed to be a chef again. Cooking Master Boy (Sing) jumps to the final level and earns it. Later, he goes all over China/Asia in search of the 'Legendary Cooking Equipment' in order to defeat the 'Evil Chefs' who are threatening the very Chinese empire. I love this series, I have the whole thing on VCD, chinese dubbed, from Hong Kong.

Here's some more info: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=434 & http://tahq.com/cmb/
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 17:20   Link #1146
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Quote:

It's about a kid who has this special baseball pitch that's been handed down from his father. the ball will disappear mid way, then reappear right in front of the batter...Later on, he develops other pitches, like one that's insanely fast...
Almost definitely Kyojin no Hoshi

Last edited by Teppei; 2006-09-08 at 13:20.
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 18:23   Link #1147
Kiko881

What anime is this

thanks in advance.
Kiko881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 01:42   Link #1148
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

This is probably an easy one for some anyone know the series? Took it from another forum but the guy there has no idea where he got it.

Nevertheless I can't help but chuckle everytime I see this gif

Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 03:30   Link #1149
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
Quote:

it might not be what ur looking for... not sure but you should try Major...

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=2168
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 03:39   Link #1150
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko881
What anime is this

thanks in advance.
Looks like it's from Sister Princess or Sister Princess: Re Pure.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
This is probably an easy one for some anyone know the series? Took it from another forum but the guy there has no idea where he got it.

Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase- ?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4311
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 05:21   Link #1151
dom6

help with recognition...please

I have some pics of animes...I know they have a serie but I dont know there
name...if someone can look at the pics and give me something to look for,
Ill be greatfull...thanks

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1083/13rw3.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1470/7763201dnu3.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1...ycreepyek3.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1...ime2jpgby3.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8...egirl14lj2.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9835/aroms5dk4.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8892/giv6.png

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9...onlightmy2.jpg
dom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 07:31   Link #1152
jpwong

Those look a lot more like they're from a game than they are from an anime.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 08:21   Link #1153
Akyra

Hmmm, it's an anime I saw back in the early 90s. Not sure if they are it. I remember there's a girl with a special pitch too, and it kinda plays a melody and hypnotize the batters
Old 2006-09-08, 08:28   Link #1154
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco

Yup, this one is definitely Tsukuyomi Moon Phase - though I can't recall this particular scene.
Old 2006-09-08, 10:06   Link #1155
dom6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
Those look a lot more like they're from a game than they are from an anime.
Quote:
Hmmm, it's an anime I saw back in the early 90s. Not sure if they are it. I remember there's a girl with a special pitch too, and it kinda plays a melody and hypnotize the batters
thanks for your help...hope someone will see at least one of the picture
as one of a anime character
dom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 10:07   Link #1156
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Sounds like Princess Nine.
Old 2006-09-09, 07:58   Link #1157
Akyra

Naa...it's a continuation from my first post...
It's about a kid who has this special baseball pitch that's been handed down from his father. the ball will disappear mid way, then reappear right in front of the batter...Later on, he develops other pitches, like one that's insanely fast...and "I remember there's a girl with a special pitch too, and it kinda plays a melody and hypnotize the batters"
Old 2006-09-09, 11:48   Link #1158
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Quote:
It's about a kid who has this special baseball pitch that's been handed down from his father. the ball will disappear mid way, then reappear right in front of the batter...Later on, he develops other pitches, like one that's insanely fast...and "I remember there's a girl with a special pitch too, and it kinda plays a melody and hypnotize the batters"
Didn't I already answer this above? You sure it's not Kyojin no Hoshi?
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 23:29   Link #1159
i0td

Quote:
Could this possibly be the series you are looking for? Miracle Giants Domu-kun.

And like BlackCatXIII, I'm also interested in finding out which series this belongs to.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-11 at 00:15.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 23:55   Link #1160
Akyra

YES! it's the miracle giants! Thanks everyone for helping, esp iOtd!

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, quotes, search, visual novel