AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-10-17, 03:02   Link #1241
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker_623 View Post


anyone know this anime? i know its my avatar but i just came across this image and used it. thanks.
Revy, from Black Lagoon. One of the most badass anime around.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 05:00   Link #1242
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Well this might be an old anime. I think it is one of the gundam series but i donnt know.

Along time ago i used to watch an anime cartoon that in It, There was one guy that could use something like a sword to get in ( become? i dont remember ) like a gundam. That guy was with a strong battle ship ( looked like dragon?. again i dont remeber exact detales) and the leader of the battle ship was a young lady. Also on boar they were few other gundams piloted by other main characters, and the guy with the sword could attach to them and become a stronger gundam. For some reason they were keep getting attacked by earth forces.

Well i dont remember exact detailes. when i watched it, i was a little kid . It was around 10 years ago , but i used to like that cartoon very alot , i posted it any ways to see if i can figure out what it was called.

P.S. If any one can tell me which anime it might have been, i will defenitly give a positive rep point.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:36   Link #1243
dmf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
i have a old one.

fighter plane display over crashed alien battleship just finishing being repaired. aliens show up and try to destroy them, the ship takes off goes to space then hyperspace jumps to pluto taking a part of the island with them they get the survivors on board.

last ep i saw was part of the ship was damaged stopping them from firing their main guns so they had to transform the whole ship into a mecha to fight with. destroying the settlements build up inside it.

but it was a while ago i watched it so bits may be wrong
dmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:53   Link #1244
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf View Post
i have a old one.

fighter plane display over crashed alien battleship just finishing being repaired. aliens show up and try to destroy them, the ship takes off goes to space then hyperspace jumps to pluto taking a part of the island with them they get the survivors on board.

last ep i saw was part of the ship was damaged stopping them from firing their main guns so they had to transform the whole ship into a mecha to fight with. destroying the settlements build up inside it.

but it was a while ago i watched it so bits may be wrong
That would be the famous anime, Macross.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 12:08   Link #1245
dmf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
thank you i couldnt think of it after so long
dmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 18:15   Link #1246
AibaHiroki
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.A.
hmm it might be a movie
i watched it very long ago o.o

there were pointy metal jets flying and i think there were some other shape flying things too
they were chasing this other ship with a person on it; and i think they were chasing while in a race in like the mountains or osmehting
i think the ship being chased was driven by a dude and he had a girl with something on board.

i watched it a few years ago and at first i THOUGHT it was castle in the sky..but lately i noticed i was wrong...>///>
but i think it was maybe drawn by the same person..
__________________
LOVE AIBA HIROKI!!!
AibaHiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 20:41   Link #1247
Gene Yuss
I Cheat at Solitare
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ?
Help me, please.

Does anyone have any idea who drew this?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...y/39c2746a.jpg

It looks horribly familiar but I can't place it.
__________________
Ore wo dare ga to omotte iru!?
Gene Yuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 21:32   Link #1248
Jordus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hell's Gates
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Well this might be an old anime. I think it is one of the gundam series but i donnt know.

Along time ago i used to watch an anime cartoon that in It, There was one guy that could use something like a sword to get in ( become? i dont remember ) like a gundam. That guy was with a strong battle ship ( looked like dragon?. again i dont remeber exact detales) and the leader of the battle ship was a young lady. Also on boar they were few other gundams piloted by other main characters, and the guy with the sword could attach to them and become a stronger gundam. For some reason they were keep getting attacked by earth forces.

Well i dont remember exact detailes. when i watched it, i was a little kid . It was around 10 years ago , but i used to like that cartoon very alot , i posted it any ways to see if i can figure out what it was called.

P.S. If any one can tell me which anime it might have been, i will defenitly give a positive rep point.
Wow that sounds so much like vandread. [EDIT]But that aired in 2000 so it can't be.
__________________
Jordus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 21:33   Link #1249
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Just to let you know someone looked....

Very cute but I have no idea...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 22:00   Link #1250
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AibaHiroki View Post
hmm it might be a movie
i watched it very long ago o.o

there were pointy metal jets flying and i think there were some other shape flying things too
they were chasing this other ship with a person on it; and i think they were chasing while in a race in like the mountains or osmehting
i think the ship being chased was driven by a dude and he had a girl with something on board.

i watched it a few years ago and at first i THOUGHT it was castle in the sky..but lately i noticed i was wrong...>///>
but i think it was maybe drawn by the same person..
That sounds suspiciously like GONZO's best series ever( IMHO), Last Exile.

Last Exile had many arcs which involved mountains, and one arc in particular dealt with a racing competition, where the protagonists were on a mission. The girl in that mission had to time some explosions in order to set up a distraction. They were being chased by some Guild deserters.

The 'other' shapeflying objects probably refer to the Guild's fighters.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 00:07   Link #1251
lain7154
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Looking for this anime...

My friend is looking for an anime she saw about 3-4 years ago, she saw it
at a friends house, who she cant contact anymore, and only vaguly
remembers 2 episodes.

she believes the genre would be paranoia investigation.
"the spirits that possess empty shells of the human world.
causing the body to live, but the real person's spirit has already gone"

one episode was about a grandpa who is locked a car,
and an evil couple (the granddaughter?) used the headlights of their car to
look like a truck and give the grandfather a heart attack. After which
the grandfather is possessed by some spirit.

another episode is a little boy who loved animals.
He was sick or something, and ever since then he'd eat little
animals that he'd bring home..

sorry about the vague details but this is all she recalls.. anyhelp would be much appreciated!!
lain7154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 00:23   Link #1252
Jordus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hell's Gates
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lain7154 View Post
My friend is looking for an anime she saw about 3-4 years ago, she saw it
at a friends house, who she cant contact anymore, and only vaguly
remembers 2 episodes.

she believes the genre would be paranoia investigation.
"the spirits that possess empty shells of the human world.
causing the body to live, but the real person's spirit has already gone"

one episode was about a grandpa who is locked a car,
and an evil couple (the granddaughter?) used the headlights of their car to
look like a truck and give the grandfather a heart attack. After which
the grandfather is possessed by some spirit.

another episode is a little boy who loved animals.
He was sick or something, and ever since then he'd eat little
animals that he'd bring home..

sorry about the vague details but this is all she recalls.. anyhelp would be much appreciated!!
That anime is NightWalker. The episode for the old man was 8 and the child i believe was episode 7.
__________________
Jordus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 04:57   Link #1253
darko
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Not an old anime , it is based on a manga I think. A son from a powerfull spiritual family is starting school but the school has bad spirits, so he has to use his powers to seal them behind barriers. He also likes this girl from a rival family.
darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 06:15   Link #1254
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Not an old anime , it is based on a manga I think. A son from a powerfull spiritual family is starting school but the school has bad spirits, so he has to use his powers to seal them behind barriers. He also likes this girl from a rival family.
結界師 (Kekkaishi)?
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4574
__________________
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 06:43   Link #1255
DarkDemonz
Zetsubou Demonz
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Can someone please identify this girl? found her in a amv just want to know which anime shes from =)

thxs in advance!!
DarkDemonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 16:59   Link #1256
AibaHiroki
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
That sounds suspiciously like GONZO's best series ever( IMHO), Last Exile.

Last Exile had many arcs which involved mountains, and one arc in particular dealt with a racing competition, where the protagonists were on a mission. The girl in that mission had to time some explosions in order to set up a distraction. They were being chased by some Guild deserters.

The 'other' shapeflying objects probably refer to the Guild's fighters.

Cheers.
im not sure but ty very much i'll watch it =D
__________________
LOVE AIBA HIROKI!!!
AibaHiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 19:13   Link #1257
052569
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDemonz View Post
Can someone please identify this girl? found her in a amv just want to know which anime shes from =)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...6/untitled.jpg
thxs in advance!!
I don't remember the name of the character, but I'm pretty sure she's from the series Argento Soma.
__________________
When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and itís longer than any hour. Thatís relativity.
-- Albert Einstein
052569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 19:36   Link #1258
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Yuss View Post
Does anyone have any idea who drew this?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...y/39c2746a.jpg

It looks horribly familiar but I can't place it.
Kunagi, from the adult game "Daibanchou: Big Bang Age".
Traditional Alicesoft region taking strategy game series.

Here's the URL for her.
天楼 久那妓

BTW, one of the game in this series called "Dai-Akuji" was made into an adult OVA series, and
if you live in Spain, you may have seen it come up in the news recently
(They broadcasted it on Spanish TV, and got complaints and was forced to take it down lol)


Sengoku Rance (Rance VII) is their next region-taking strategy game coming out in December 15th,
and I can't wait.... been waiting for it for two years! >_<
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:08   Link #1259
GrussGott
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Help! 70s/80s Anime Similar To Thunderbirds

Hi, as a kid I saw an Anime series in the late 70s early 80s and I'm hoping to find out what it is.

There were 4 teens, maybe 5. One was a girl. They were sort of race car drivers until some evil was happening and they were summoned to help quash it - I think via wrist watch type things.

Once summoned they'd transform into these bird-type costumes with capes that they could use to fly. Each character had a different bird mask/cape combination. The goofy kid was green and the main leader kid was white and blue.

They also had a plane that, if they were in trouble, they could transform into a fiery phoenix kinda thing. Do so, however, would cause them all great pain, but it always got them out of a jam.

There was an evil guy who had a blue bird type costume with a very pointy nose.

Please help if you are at all familiar with this series.
GrussGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:11   Link #1260
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Hi, as a kid I saw an Anime series in the late 70s early 80s and I'm hoping to find out what it is.

There were 4 teens, maybe 5. One was a girl. They were sort of race car drivers until some evil was happening and they were summoned to help quash it - I think via wrist watch type things.

Once summoned they'd transform into these bird-type costumes with capes that they could use to fly. Each character had a different bird mask/cape combination. The goofy kid was green and the main leader kid was white and blue.
Well this is an easy one!

Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman, or better known to the World as either "Battle of the Planets" or "G-Force".
Click here for info
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, search

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.