AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 20:08   Link #1441
KR1981

This was the first anime film i ever saw and I don't have a clue what it's called and it's bugging me!

All I can remember is, there was a young girl (or boy, think it was girl) who made freinds with some giant robot type thing. The robot lived on a floating island in the sky, there was other robots all rusted up dead and broken. At the end of the film the girl fell from the island and floated down to earth, possibly on a shaft of light.

Hope it's not something obvious, I'm a total novice to this!
KR1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 20:16   Link #1442
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1981 View Post
This was the first anime film i ever saw and I don't have a clue what it's called and it's bugging me!

All I can remember is, there was a young girl (or boy, think it was girl) who made freinds with some giant robot type thing. The robot lived on a floating island in the sky, there was other robots all rusted up dead and broken. At the end of the film the girl fell from the island and floated down to earth, possibly on a shaft of light.

Hope it's not something obvious, I'm a total novice to this!
actually it is, very well-know. Laputa: Castle in the Sky, a studio Ghilibi movie.
xxanimefan4_ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 20:21   Link #1443
KR1981

Oh well at least now I know! My mind can rest.

Thanks man!
KR1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 20:55   Link #1444
anonymous_user

i apologize if hentai is not allowed, but can someone tell me what series this is:

Edit by Mod: Very sorry, but linking to pictures of naked girls and sex acts is not allowed. Yeah, I know that makes it tough for you to post your request, but here's the only allowable picture, in hopes that someone will recognize it:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-08 at 02:50.
anonymous_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 20:56   Link #1445
carpet83
I am I

Might be Laputa: castle in the sky? try searching for pics of that.
Old 2006-12-07, 21:50   Link #1446
nebok0
Kawaiiko

There's this recent anime I can't remember the name of. It starts out the first episode in a school. The main character's childhood friend transfers back to his school. He has a kendo match with his best friend. His fried loses and hates him. And then they all disappear and mysteriously get trasported to some jungle-ish fantasy-ish world.

Can someone help me out?
nebok0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 22:08   Link #1447
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebok0 View Post
There's this recent anime I can't remember the name of. It starts out the first episode in a school. The main character's childhood friend transfers back to his school. He has a kendo match with his best friend. His fried loses and hates him. And then they all disappear and mysteriously get trasported to some jungle-ish fantasy-ish world.

Can someone help me out?
Is it El Hazard: The Magnificent World? Or maybe one of the other versions... I remember he and some other people from the school get transported to the alternate world, and he's finds himself in a jungle... I also know he was in a fight with another kid right before then, but I don't think it was his best friend, and I don't remember a transfer student.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 22:31   Link #1448
Furudanuki

Quote:

Can someone help me out?
When they are transported, do they wind up in a place where their school building still exists except it is now abandoned and overgrown with vines? If so, the anime is probably Izumo: Takeki Tsurugi no Senki.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 02:54   Link #1449
ThoHell

Quote:

Can someone help me out?
It sounds like the anime Izumo: Takeki Tsurugi no Senki, not 100% sure though. Most part of it fit except for the transfering back to his school thing, or I'm just wrong since I haven't watched it in awhile! Was it 2 guys and 4 girls who got transported to another world?
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:21   Link #1450
Drannth

Little help finding the name of an Anime or two

Alright guys - just a quick question if anyone has the time. I've never posted here but I do tend to check through the forums from time to time. I figured you guys would be the ones to help me.

Alright, first up. Could anyone tell me which anime this AMV was made too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7YlybIHR9c ? It has been bugging me as I know I should have some memory of it, especially due to the art style.

Second, and a little bit more vague. A long time ago (Mid 90's as a rough estimate) I used to watch an anime. It was a bout a group of brothers, who when under extreme emotional strain, would turn into dragons. They had the military hunting them due to this. Could "anyone" please give me an idea of the name of this anime? I've searched high and low with little results.

Thank you all for your time in advance!

Drannth~

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-08 at 03:29. Reason: Threads merged. Why do we bother making a sticky thread for this topic when nobody uses their eyes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
Drannth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:23   Link #1451
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Category Arts & Animation
Tags ragnarok the animation within temptation dangerous minds (more) (less)
Old 2006-12-08, 03:49   Link #1452
nebok0
Kawaiiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
When they are transported, do they wind up in a place where their school building still exists except it is now abandoned and overgrown with vines? If so, the anime is probably Izumo: Takeki Tsurugi no Senki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Is it El Hazard: The Magnificent World? Or maybe one of the other versions... I remember he and some other people from the school get transported to the alternate world, and he's finds himself in a jungle... I also know he was in a fight with another kid right before then, but I don't think it was his best friend, and I don't remember a transfer student.

YES! that's it ^_^
I realize now it isn't recent, its just that I had checked it out recently. It had been on my hd and I just never watched. I was looking on aindb for something released in october =_=
Thanks so much guys
nebok0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:55   Link #1453
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drannth View Post
Second, and a little bit more vague. A long time ago (Mid 90's as a rough estimate) I used to watch an anime. It was a bout a group of brothers, who when under extreme emotional strain, would turn into dragons. They had the military hunting them due to this. Could "anyone" please give me an idea of the name of this anime? I've searched high and low with little results.
Sohryuden - Legend of the Dragon Kings?
Keios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 05:58   Link #1454
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_user View Post
i apologize if hentai is not allowed, but can someone tell me what series this is:

Edit by Mod: Very sorry, but linking to pictures of naked girls and sex acts is not allowed. Yeah, I know that makes it tough for you to post your request, but here's the only allowable picture, in hopes that someone will recognize it:

Tsumamigui. Or if you prefer the cheesy english name: Wife Eater.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5069
Old 2006-12-08, 06:07   Link #1455
Drannth

Thank you all! I think that's the ones I was looking for. Much appreciated.
Drannth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 08:53   Link #1456
anonymous_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_user View Post

\
that was not pic that needed identifying, but thanx for trying to help. i will look elsewhere.
anonymous_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 09:49   Link #1457
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Duero - the second pic is likely a character from one of Studio Ego's games, but I doubt very much it has been turned into an anime. No idea on the first pic though, probably just a random pic.

edit: Yup, I was right, she's from the game Twins by Studio E.go:

http://www.studio-ego.co.jp/036/ego/index.html

Page is work safe, but other sections of the site aren't, so be careful Click products and scroll down to Izumo2, Twins is just below that one (魔王の娘たち)

Last edited by Radiosity; 2006-12-08 at 10:07.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 12:58   Link #1458
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

That sounds a lot like Castle in the Sky.
Old 2006-12-08, 13:11   Link #1459
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Someone knows who she is, and where she is from?

No one knows this?
Old 2006-12-08, 18:23   Link #1460
Calca
Brina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
No one knows this?
Nine out of ten times it seems CG pics come from hentai games.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, search