AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-14, 07:11   Link #41
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
if America can give me a mecha to pilot, they just need named a country and I'll bombs away~ Totally seriously about this.
-_-

Quote:
I love learning about wars, especially if on the scale of world war 2 but modern time wars is just boring.
That is the reason why…

Quote:
Ain't going to participate in any wars
…this is a good thing, because the only thing you’re going to do is to get yourself and others around you killed, best to just stick to CoD.

As far as the MDAR goes, I'll believe it when I see it actually gets deployed in-theater, which like many things tested by the Corp, would probably be never

I still remember how our EOD team's little IED robots failed to work in the field like half the time because the battery just gets destroyed by the heat.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 00:20   Link #42
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Navy’s UCLASS Could Be Air to Air Fighter:

"Manazir contemplated the possibility that that the UCLASS, which is primarily
being designed for the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and
strike roles, could be used as a flying missile magazine which could supplement
the firepower of the F/A-18E/F and F-35C Joint Strike Fighter in air-to-air combat
as a robotic wingman of sorts."

"“Maybe we put a whole bunch of AMRAAMs (Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air
Missile) on it and that thing is the truck,” Manazir said. “So this unmanned truck
goes downtown with—as far as it can go—with a decision-maker.”

In Manazir’s vision the UCLASS could be commanded remotely from a Northrop
Grumman E-2D Hawkeye or a Lockheed Martin F-35C Joint Strike Fighter flight
leader."

See:

http://news.usni.org/2014/02/13/navy...ir-air-fighter
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 00:59   Link #43
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Using an unmanned aircraft for air-to-air combat would necessarily mean that the platform is vulnerable to return fire. But moreover, a human pilot might also intentionally sacrifice those robotic aircraft to prevent his own fighter from being shot down. “My life cannot be replaced,” Pietrucha said. “It’s not an abstract consideration in the cockpit and I’ll expend unmanned airplanes left, right and center in a way I wouldn’t even consider using my own wingman because the threat is too high.”
I am amused that the interview suggests that this might be too expensive as a human pilot would sacrifice drones to save his own life. But what good is a done if you can't save a human life? Isn't the whole point of drones, to cut down on casualties? By now we should realise the US military is better off spending a million dollars to save a soldier than to suffer the morale penalty when the coffin got sent home. Trying to say the human life is too expensive to save is putting the cart ahead of the horse.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 01:58   Link #44
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
In the future there will be two wars: <<inside and out>>.

In the future our minds wil be uploaded, and we will live in the virtual world most if not all the time.

In the future the ones who control the system will be at war with each other <<outside>>.

In the future everyone else will be at war with each other <<inside>>.

<<Outside>> the war will be fought with money and programming just like today.

<<Inside>> the war will be fought with <<Incarnation>>.

In the future the world <<inside>> will much more literally than today exist in the minds of everyone.

In the future input from the mind influences the world as much as the other way around.

<<Incarnation>> is input from the mind such that the world bends out of shape.

<<Inside>> this will be possible.

This is war <<in the future>>.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 06:23   Link #45
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 22:44   Link #46
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
You are a miracle of the universe, Hasumi-chan. I look forward as well to VR integrating itself into society deeper and deeper with every passing year and decade.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 00:15   Link #47
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I wish that there won't be any future anymore for warfare stuffs. What we do have right now is already devastating, how much more if they continue to develop it?
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 03:07   Link #48
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
How about this?

The U.S. military has developed a pizza that stays edible for years
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 03:35   Link #49
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Your average combat ration has an expiry date of 3-5 years.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 03:36   Link #50
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
I wish that there won't be any future anymore for warfare stuffs. What we do have right now is already devastating, how much more if they continue to develop it?
That'll never happen. War and conflict is part of human nature.

And with that I'll leave you with the quote from the TF2 sniper;

At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 03:59   Link #51
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
It might actually be possible with <<Genetic Engineering>>. (See: Bonobos)
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 05:20   Link #52
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
That's if everyone agreed to genetic engineering.

Then even if some did, some wouldn't and that would be cause for more debate and conflict.

Hell you might even see a Gundam esque fight behind Naturals and Coordinators from such a future.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 05:35   Link #53
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
No, it would be Cyborg Ninjas crossing Lightsaber with Spartans!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 06:17   Link #54
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
It might actually be possible with <<Genetic Engineering>>. (See: Bonobos)
If you can force everyone to think the way you want them to, you would already have conquered the world.

To put it another way, if your idea of world peace is to change humanity, then you don't understand the rules very well. If the humans are not required to stay the same, then you can simply kill everyone and replace them with your ideal species instead.

But then again, many wars are started because people think they can remove undesirables. At which point you haven't removed war; you simply STARTED a new war.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 06:26   Link #55
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
I was just presenting one possible method of removing violence. It isn't my utopia.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 07:05   Link #56
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I was just presenting one possible method of removing violence. It isn't my utopia.
My point is that this isn't new. Simply "removing those in the way of my perfect world" is how many wars got started. That's really the paradox; that it isn't just evil people who start wars, but well meaning people too.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 07:18   Link #57
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
My point is that this isn't new. Simply "removing those in the way of my perfect world" is how many wars got started. That's really the paradox; that it isn't just evil people who start wars, but well meaning people too.
From the perspective of Darwinism, killing off the "weak and incapable" serves to weed out those who are not strong enough for the changes within the passage of time.

Then again, the could kill us all off because humanity as a species must work together to survive and live.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 07:27   Link #58
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
From the perspective of Darwinism, killing off the "weak and incapable" serves to weed out those who are not strong enough for the changes within the passage of time.

Then again, the could kill us all off because humanity as a species must work together to survive and live.
Now you are definitely confused. You don't need wars to kill the weak and incapable; Darwinism dictates that there is no need to control a self-sustaining system.

The people who use Darwinism as an argument for wars, are not trying to kill the weak or incapable; they are trying to kill people they personally don't like. Now, since the people who try that tend to die horribly themselves, the argument seem to be that manipulating Darwinism is a lost cause. Anyone who is truly weak or incapable would die on their own. And if you have trouble killing them, by that logic they are not as weak as you say they are.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 07:28   Link #59
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
What is "Power"?

In the narrowest definition, it means the ability to survive and passing the genes to another generation. But human is more than that. Because of the social structure, "Power" it also means to ability too keeping society intact, and developing it. And since our life has so many aspects, power also has many, many source. Mental Fitness as well as Physical Fitness. Intelligent as well as Compassion. Money as well as Knowledge. Let it be free. No one can see every possibility, all source of power, right?

Wars only returned the definition of "Power" to its natural, crude meaning.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 07:46   Link #60
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Now you are definitely confused. You don't need wars to kill the weak and incapable; Darwinism dictates that there is no need to control a self-sustaining system.

The people who use Darwinism as an argument for wars, are not trying to kill the weak or incapable; they are trying to kill people they personally don't like.
There is an element of truth to that, there are always theories and perspectives that one race is superior to another. Usually it happens during an economic boom and the majority race in that country simply get blinded by their successes.

So now let's assume that they are correct, and that their increase in GDP in a short period of time is due to their race's superior intelligence and strength.........

Quote:
Now, since the people who try that tend to die horribly themselves, the argument seem to be that manipulating Darwinism is a lost cause. Anyone who is truly weak or incapable would die on their own. And if you have trouble killing them, by that logic they are not as weak as you say they are.
You will always have trouble killing something at this stage of human evolution and technological advancement. Think of it as quality-control from a manufacturing perspective, except that you are now manufacturing sentient humans who are capable of thinking for themselves. It is simply that the product is "not perfect enough" and still requires fine-tuning, but the batch produced is too large to be destroyed without cost and consequence.

From a cardinal perspective they are still the weaker ones, and it is just more filtering to be done.

P.S I am looking at this perspective from a devil's advocate point of view. I am not, by any means, a facist or a racist.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.