AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-07, 18:15   Link #461
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by misso View Post
are we sure the translation is right?
Here is more accurate translation.

Quote:
Jean: Ano hentai ni naburarete kegare chimaatana...
Eren: Iya Arumin ga inshitsu de kosokunakoto kangaeru no ga tokui nano wa mukashi karada.
Mikasa: Watashi wa sonnnako ni sotateta oboe wa nai.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Armin showed that manaical laugh when he successfully tricked Reiner and rescued Eren. His laugh was used as the avartar in the author's blog. Erwin also showed the same laugh after waking up from the losing an arm. It shows Armin has potential to be the future Brigadier commander.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア LutÚcia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 19:33   Link #462
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Armin should just cut his hair and it would be the end of his existence as a trap.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 13:08   Link #463
Kiltias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Just thought I'd ask for opinions on something.


We have "Geographia", being able to lock away and apparently restore memories as see with what she did with Historia.

We have Eren being told by Grisha about "Their Memories" and he remembers things he himself did not experience eg:
Geographia looking into the Mirror.

So apparently, Memories play an important in the story.

That's why I'm wondering if there is some clue behind something 4 people said. or is it lack of originality from Isayama or Translators?

Mikasa,Armin,Sasha and Eren.
All 4 of them mentioned the same thing in the past.
Spoiler for Recall:
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:50   Link #464
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Just thought I'd ask for opinions on something.


We have "Geographia", being able to lock away and apparently restore memories as see with what she did with Historia.

We have Eren being told by Grisha about "Their Memories" and he remembers things he himself did not experience eg:
Geographia looking into the Mirror.

So apparently, Memories play an important in the story.

That's why I'm wondering if there is some clue behind something 4 people said. or is it lack of originality from Isayama or Translators?

Mikasa,Armin,Sasha and Eren.
All 4 of them mentioned the same thing in the past.
Spoiler for Recall:
Your theory sounds cool. Her job is purposely erasing people's memory. Her name should be called amnesia.
I have some theories, too.

Eren's father is a physician. He might take the blood samples from many patinets. He might discovered some patients are transformers. It would explain why he is not at home most of time. He afraids king's secret service men are after him. However, Eren's father cannot hold his discovery. He tells Eren to look the secret in the basement.

Currently, the story will not explore those possibilities. Instead, it has king secret service against survey corps. The seceret service plan to attack the survey corp. They even prepare the anti-Maneuvering Equipment. The secret service's leader claims he knows Rivai Ackerman. His last name is also Ackerman. He says Rivai is his martial art student. Rivai is also his pride.

Another theory is Riviai might be Mikasa's brother. They are both rude. At the meeting, the survey corp learns the current royal family is only a regency. Armin figures out Erwin is planning the revolution. When Krista learns about Erwin's plan, she refuses to follow it. Rivai forces her to take her role and prepare for the throne. All the theories are just theories now. The secret service(military police) and the survey corp are going to duke it out.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア LutÚcia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2014-04-05 at 15:10.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 20:57   Link #465
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
From the current progress, I have more confidence to lay down the following theories.

Hanji's shouting to Erwin: We better stop the operation now. Else, Eren will be eaten by <Krista's father>. Later, she elaborates that their enemy may have giants. Either these giants come from this family, or these family create giants.
Theory 1:Krista father and his family may have the direct linkage to the giants in the wall. It would explain the religous order only reveal the secret to Kirsta. So, they would not disobey their oath. Alos, Ymir intentionally stays outside the wall for 60 years. So, she would not eat any humans. It means she still maintained some degree of consciousness. It also indicates that Reiner's village is outside the wall.

Erwin's last word: With my absence, act on your decision. You are the next Head of Survey Corp, Hanji Zoe.
Theory 2: Erwin is fulfilling the long specualtion death flag.

Revai: Do you know Throat Slasher Kenny?
Nifa: That killing madma. I heard he slahed the throat of one hundred military police officers who tried to capture him. The story in the Capital was an urban legend.
Revai: This person actually exists. When I was young, I used to live with him.
Nifa: You are joking.
Revai: My way of thinking is affected by him.
Theory 3: Kenny and Revai both started on the street. Kenny's activites are more sinister. They are recrutied by government much later. They don't seem to be in a good term. Revai has better relationship with Mikasa. When Jean wants to drop out the corp, Mikasa is the only new recruit who insist staying by Revai's side. Mikasa and Revai must be related.

p.s. Revai's portrait looks hiliarous.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア LutÚcia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:53   Link #466
reinerbraun
SHSL Titan
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Send a message via Skype™ to reinerbraun
Quote:
The flashback is most likely true which means that they at least lived in human form among other humans like them at one point in time and only later developed (or regained) the ability to turn into titans. It is likely that their village is (or was) somewhere outside the walls.
I know this is a very, very late reply. But the flashback with Bertholdt opening the window to see a Titan is more possibly fake - because Reiner questions him about it. He asks Bertholdt "What possessed you to say such things?". Implying that Bertholdt is most likely lying to cover up himself and Reiner.

Reiner stated that if Eren came along to their homevillage, then there would be no more need for the Shifters to breach Wall Rose and Wall Sina further, so my guess is that the government in their village wants Eren or Historia. Also note that in the volume 12 attachment, Ymir said that they could take her with them because Reiner and Bertholdt shouldn't return empty-handed.

Reiner also noted (in chapter 47, if I'm not mistaken) that if the co÷rdinate isn't Eren himself, then their mission "isn't finished yet", so they really are after someone.

About their shifting abilities, with the recent updates on Titan Shifting, they already were Titan Shifters because Ymir was able to become human after eating Marcel. And while Ymir and Annie are able to climb walls, Reiner and Bertholdt are unable to do so, so they couldn't have been inside the walls first and then leave it just like that, unless they were in the east or west district (which is highly unlikely, seeing as they bear no real importance to the story), but I doubt it. If they lived inside a Maria District, they easily could've breached the wall from there and not in Shiganshina. And if they weren't living in a district, but in a village like Dauper of Ragako, then how could they have left the wall without breaching it first? It's very unlikely, because if a wall was breached from somewhere else, surely the people in the districts would've noticed.

As for what Bertholdt said about a village southeast of Wall Maria, here's where he could be speaking half a truth, but after Eren and Armin start assuming things, he makes up things in order to conceal himself.

So, it's almost a hundred percent possible for them to have lived outside of the Walls and were sent on a mission after becoming old enough to comprehend what they had to do.
reinerbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 16:22   Link #467
xPeke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Here is what I think is going to happen soon in the manga.

The Survey Corps will have to retreat after the fight (whether or not Jean died) and rethink their plans as they have just lost Eren and Historia to the Military Police. Levi knows that he cannot take down the Military Police now (after seeing what happened with Jean) because everyone is so hesitant on killing humans (except Mikasa and maybe Armin). So the Survey Corps have to retreat back to Trost.

I think Historia is going to abandon the Survey Corps and join the Military Police so she can be with her dad, Rod Reiss. Think about it: the only person who actually cared about her is gone (Ymir), and everyone else wants to use her as a tool. So naturally, here's her dad who actually seems to love her... Especially considering how Historia is not the obedient girl she pretended to be, but really a depressed young girl who needs the love of others to function (which is understandable). So she's probably going to go to the dark side and help the Military Police, and hopefully Eren will transform into a titan and try to escape.

But when he does transform into a titan, Kenny and his Military Police will take him down after putting up a fight. Eren is then captured for good and unable to escape where he is held deep in the inner walls.

Here is when shit gets real. Erwin is going to get the remainder of the Survey Corps to search for Reiner and Bertholt outside the walls to help save Eren and Historia. Why would Erwin do this? Because there is no other option and this is the only way to save humanity. Think about it, Reiner and Bertholt both want Eren as well so they don't want to risk him falling into the Military Police. Erwin is willing to do anything to get Eren, even luring the titans to the Armored Titan at one point to immobilize him. It makes sense that Erwin would do this kind of thing. Both the Survey Corps and Reiner and Bertholt want Eren. They both want to get rid of the Military Police.

When they find Reiner, Bertholt (and possibly Ymir), the Survey Corps is going to make a deal with them. They have to help rescue Eren and put Historia on the throne but Reiner and Bertholt get to keep Eren after it's all over. They all agree, and everyone goes to Trost to execute the rescue mission. Reiner and Bertholt serve as distraction for the Survey Corps to break in and save Eren and Historia. The Colossal Titan breaks down Wall Sina and then the Armored Titan breaks down the wall surrounding Mitras.

Right now, the Military Police are shitting their pants because they have no idea what to do against those titans. They eventually get forced back to defend at Mitras where Levi and Kenny have another duel. Levi wins and Kenny dies. They find Eren and break him free. But then titans start to appear out of nowhere. You see the Ape Titan in the distance but he does not directly participate in the destruction. Everyone has to turn their heads to the titans that are inside the walls and the titan shifters and Survey Corps have to defend.

This is all I have thought of so far. Some of it might seem a little far-fetched but I think this would the general outline of what is going to happen.
xPeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 19:00   Link #468
reinerbraun
SHSL Titan
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Send a message via Skype™ to reinerbraun
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPeke View Post
Here is what I think is going to happen soon in the manga.

The Survey Corps will have to retreat after the fight (whether or not Jean died) and rethink their plans as they have just lost Eren and Historia to the Military Police. Levi knows that he cannot take down the Military Police now (after seeing what happened with Jean) because everyone is so hesitant on killing humans (except Mikasa and maybe Armin). So the Survey Corps have to retreat back to Trost.

I think Historia is going to abandon the Survey Corps and join the Military Police so she can be with her dad, Rod Reiss. Think about it: the only person who actually cared about her is gone (Ymir), and everyone else wants to use her as a tool. So naturally, here's her dad who actually seems to love her... Especially considering how Historia is not the obedient girl she pretended to be, but really a depressed young girl who needs the love of others to function (which is understandable). So she's probably going to go to the dark side and help the Military Police, and hopefully Eren will transform into a titan and try to escape.

But when he does transform into a titan, Kenny and his Military Police will take him down after putting up a fight. Eren is then captured for good and unable to escape where he is held deep in the inner walls.

Here is when shit gets real. Erwin is going to get the remainder of the Survey Corps to search for Reiner and Bertholt outside the walls to help save Eren and Historia. Why would Erwin do this? Because there is no other option and this is the only way to save humanity. Think about it, Reiner and Bertholt both want Eren as well so they don't want to risk him falling into the Military Police. Erwin is willing to do anything to get Eren, even luring the titans to the Armored Titan at one point to immobilize him. It makes sense that Erwin would do this kind of thing. Both the Survey Corps and Reiner and Bertholt want Eren. They both want to get rid of the Military Police.

When they find Reiner, Bertholt (and possibly Ymir), the Survey Corps is going to make a deal with them. They have to help rescue Eren and put Historia on the throne but Reiner and Bertholt get to keep Eren after it's all over. They all agree, and everyone goes to Trost to execute the rescue mission. Reiner and Bertholt serve as distraction for the Survey Corps to break in and save Eren and Historia. The Colossal Titan breaks down Wall Sina and then the Armored Titan breaks down the wall surrounding Mitras.

Right now, the Military Police are shitting their pants because they have no idea what to do against those titans. They eventually get forced back to defend at Mitras where Levi and Kenny have another duel. Levi wins and Kenny dies. They find Eren and break him free. But then titans start to appear out of nowhere. You see the Ape Titan in the distance but he does not directly participate in the destruction. Everyone has to turn their heads to the titans that are inside the walls and the titan shifters and Survey Corps have to defend.

This is all I have thought of so far. Some of it might seem a little far-fetched but I think this would the general outline of what is going to happen.
This is probably impossible, since after the attack on Utgard, the Ape Titan disappeared into the lost territory of Wall Maria.
__________________
Sure we can.
reinerbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 19:06   Link #469
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
No, please don't feed Eren's Damsel in Distress syndrome even more... We had enough of that already...
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 03:40   Link #470
xPeke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerbraun View Post
This is probably impossible, since after the attack on Utgard, the Ape Titan disappeared into the lost territory of Wall Maria.
But he can come back? So it's not impossible.
xPeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 05:22   Link #471
reinerbraun
SHSL Titan
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Send a message via Skype™ to reinerbraun
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPeke View Post
But he can come back? So it's not impossible.
Yes, and I can see where you are coming from with Reiner and Bertholt coming back, but the Ape Titan has most likely never seen Eren, or known any other soldier enough for him to come back.
__________________
Sure we can.
reinerbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:48   Link #472
xPeke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerbraun View Post
Yes, and I can see where you are coming from with Reiner and Bertholt coming back, but the Ape Titan has most likely never seen Eren, or known any other soldier enough for him to come back.
But he is somewhere in Wall Maria so he could possibly see the green lightning and see the Colossal Titan in the distance.
xPeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 21:45   Link #473
scififan
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
No, please don't feed Eren's Damsel in Distress syndrome even more... We had enough of that already...
I see that comic strip still cracks you up.
In that comic strip, Levi is annoyed that Eren is always the Peach Princess.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 07:40   Link #474
askara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
My theory is this is some kind of large scale experiment with Titan with the royals as mastermind that or an even more advance race/party behind the scene boss. i mean the fact they erase everything before the war and prohibit technology advancement can only mean

1.the royalties have total control and is experimenting on titan and everyone inside the wall as a experiment subject.

2.some more advance alien race or just human party will erase mankind once technology has reach certain level so the royalties has to stop it. with the monkey titan i think we can see there are 2 type of titan, the human turned titan or the original titan which can turn human into titan and control them(monkey titan). the original titans is probably the mastermind that control everything.

actually where is Reiner and Bertholt going? outside the wall? doesnt that mean there are human society outside the wall ?
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 23:39   Link #475
Attackontitan fan
Don't u dare question me
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
One thing is about the titan is the evolution gone wrong instead of turning into an average human Turing into a mutation probably when we were work humans or Neanderthals they probably turned into an giant being with the taste of blood but the people that turned into titans I have no explanation for that this a theory I have about the show of how the titans are made
Attackontitan fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.