AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-16, 16:47   Link #41
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
He obviously didn't because he knew that if he ever did it would cause her to bleed to death.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 16:52   Link #42
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
No, she was just taken in by Eren's family, I don't even think she was formally adopted.
ah ok thank you, my suspicions are true then Mikasa is not true sister Eren

thanks you Fenrir_valindri

stupid question but ... Mikasa would risk not to be in love with Eren (in chapters)?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 16:57   Link #43
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
ah ok thank you, my suspicions are true then Mikasa is not true sister Eren

thanks you Fenrir_valindri

stupid question but ... Mikasa would risk not to be in love with Eren (in chapters)?
I would recommend
Spoiler for where you can find the answers to your questions in the anime:

Spoiler for What Mikasa would risk if she was in love with Eren:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:58   Link #44
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Those titans that survived until then are probably the hardest to kill though.

In fact the very first titan that Mikasa killed was a deviant who could run extremely fast. Even the other elites couldn't match with him.
I thought all Titans could do that? I was under the impression what made this one abnormal aside from coming off mental retarded was because it was ignoring the soldiers and going after the civilians.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 00:47   Link #45
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
episode 7, Mikasa's human limiter removed
__________________
Epicness
Polarpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:01   Link #46
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Just askin...does it turn you off if you got a girlfriend like mikasa? Much more macho than you...both in body(six pack) and some toned muscle...alpha male personality...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:27   Link #47
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Just askin...does it turn you off if you got a girlfriend like mikasa? Much more macho than you...both in body(six pack) and some toned muscle...alpha male personality...
She train herself to protect Eren...at the expense of getting six pack....she have sacrifice too much as a women for Eren.

The thing Eren couldn`t stand is Mikasa over-protection because he has man pride that he need to protect.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 03:13   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Just askin...does it turn you off if you got a girlfriend like mikasa? Much more macho than you...both in body(six pack) and some toned muscle...
Depends. How bulging are we talking about, here, for her muscles?


Quote:
alpha male personality...
She doesn't really have that. She may be strong, but she's still a follower, not a leader.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:11   Link #49
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
like these...like in the manga..

whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:18   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
... Please let it not be canon. (I know the idol unit isn't canon. But I don't want those monstrous abs to be canon either...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:25   Link #51
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
It's canon alright. Just wait for the first nude scene to confirm.
__________________

Last edited by Ridwan; 2013-05-18 at 04:43.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:29   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Yes, her abs are canon.
I actually praise the author for this (it looks worse here because of the choice in clothing but you should check her in MMA gear, looks pretty awesome).
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:07   Link #53
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yes, her abs are canon.
I actually praise the author for this (it looks worse here because of the choice in clothing but you should check her in MMA gear, looks pretty awesome).
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I agree. I is much more realistic for woman who have trained a lot tot have soms visable muscle. It would also be nice if the other female characters of 104 graduate troops had this.

Many people probably think visable muscle on a woman is gross because they aren't accustomed to it. Having more female characters with it
would help in this regard.

A good example of this is Korra from Avatar: The Legend of Korra.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-05-18 at 08:23.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:14   Link #54
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, but there's a difference between the muscles you get through training for a strenuous physical activity, and the ones you get through body-building. And Idol-Mikasa looks a bit too built.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:16   Link #55
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
It's probably because of the way it's shaded. I really don't mind Mikasa like that, personally, in fact, I love it. I actually dislike it more when a woman shows feats of strength comparable to someone like Mikasa with delicate frame and body build. It helps that she's not huge buff either.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:37   Link #56
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but there's a difference between the muscles you get through training for a strenuous physical activity, and the ones you get through body-building. And Idol-Mikasa looks a bit too built.
They don't look to me like the muscles you will only get when you are doing body-building.

Here are some images that show the body types of Olympic athletes and their field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.themarysue.com/olympic-perfect-bodies/

Olympic Athletes show us perfection

Competitive athletes in peak physical condition are surely sporting the most ideal, perfect bodies. They spend hours a day training and shaping their bodies into the strongest, leanest, most effective machines they can. So, they should all look like models, right? Of course not. Because humans are not manufactured like robots. We are beautifully diverse. And that’s a good thing. Let this serve as a reminder that there is no such thing as the “ideal” body or body type. (Ahem, video game designers … )

Sociological Images has the full gallery, which was taken by Howard Schartz and Beverly Ornstein. Caution: Viewing these pictures might motivate you to work out. That is a good thing. Go with it, and start slow. Or else you’ll pull a boob muscle, like I did.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-05-18 at 09:59.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 09:45   Link #57
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Perhaps it's the images' bad quality but none of those women has clearly distinguishable six-packs as Mikasa is depicted to have.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 10:02   Link #58
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Perhaps it's the images' bad quality but none of those women has clearly distinguishable six-packs as Mikasa is depicted to have.
It seems like a regular real life female bodybuilder has less pronounced abs than Mikasa. (see the first image)

I think the Mangaka just likes to draw them very pronounced. It is at least a step in the right direction that a female character has abs.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 10:20   Link #59
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
To be fair, with the way the 3D gears work, having her core built up more than the rest should be vital. It's actually quite well played by the author as you should need a lot of abdominal power with all those maneuvers you can do with the gears.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 11:24   Link #60
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Granted, IRL, you don't need to have super definition in the abdominal region for it to constitute them being 'strong'. Mikasa's super-defined abs are just an artistic decision/visual clue that she's that much stronger than the other girls. And besides, it's not like one of the other artists can't draw her with more realistic definition.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.