AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-19, 15:07   Link #81
Claym0re
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Fun fact. We haven't seen a single titan taken out by anyone else but Mikasa.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:09   Link #82
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
^ Oh god I just noticed this. Thanks for pointing that out Claym0re. Well, the second episode did have a cannon killing one?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:11   Link #83
Claym0re
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
^ Oh god I just noticed this. Thanks for pointing that out Claym0re. Well, the second episode did have a cannon killing one?
Since they regenerate even when their head is blown off I highly doubt that.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:43   Link #84
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
Fun fact. We haven't seen a single titan taken out by anyone else but Mikasa.
Only screen anyway. She's been the most focus of the battles.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:04   Link #85
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
And for good reason. Every time she goes into action, somewhere a little song kicks off:

"Let the bodies hit the floor."
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:11   Link #86
gowfan05
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: below the sky yet above the ground
hey guys, is mikasa relationship with eren a "love relationship" or "family relationship"? I'm up to date on the manga and anime and know how it could be both, but which relationship is more?
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:15   Link #87
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
They aren't real siblings so it can easily become love later.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:26   Link #88
gowfan05
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: below the sky yet above the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They aren't real siblings so it can easily become love later.
+1 I agree with you Destined_Fate
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:53   Link #89
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
I hope it becomes love later.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 01:07   Link #90
Dread Fox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
The show has just about zero love story aspect.

But you know what? That could be a good thing. I mean out of nowhere they could hit us with Mikasa telling Eren how much she loves him or vice versa and it would be sooooo good. I mean do we need the show to hint at it? Do we need them to do the typical anime dance of shyness and awkwardness and frustration?

No. We really don't. We need Eren and Mikasa alone in some situation where death is a possibility and they straight up kiss and love just happens.

That's why Guts and Caska from Berserk are so great. It built up to it but not in a way where you'd expect it. So when they did kiss it was like HELL YES!! Greatest thing ever!

Would love to see the same happen here. Please God not multiple scenes of Eren confiding in Armin acting like a high schooler all "Wha? Mikasa? And...and me? I just...what do you think Armin?"

I'd want to blow my brains out lol.
Dread Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 02:04   Link #91
gowfan05
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: below the sky yet above the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Fox View Post
The show has just about zero love story aspect.

But you know what? That could be a good thing. I mean out of nowhere they could hit us with Mikasa telling Eren how much she loves him or vice versa and it would be sooooo good. I mean do we need the show to hint at it? Do we need them to do the typical anime dance of shyness and awkwardness and frustration?

No. We really don't. We need Eren and Mikasa alone in some situation where death is a possibility and they straight up kiss and love just happens.

That's why Guts and Caska from Berserk are so great. It built up to it but not in a way where you'd expect it. So when they did kiss it was like HELL YES!! Greatest thing ever!

Would love to see the same happen here. Please God not multiple scenes of Eren confiding in Armin acting like a high schooler all "Wha? Mikasa? And...and me? I just...what do you think Armin?"

I'd want to blow my brains out lol.
OOOOHH! I gotta check that anime out. But Yes +1, I like your scenerio as well! (and isn't armin a boy?).
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 02:38   Link #92
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I dunno, Mikasa treats Eren far more than a simple sibling and even wanted to die when she realized she may have to live in a world without him.

Guts x Casca WAS good but than they turned Casca into that "thing" and have kept her that for ages....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:58   Link #93
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I think romantic development between them is definitely possible since the shows indicated that they've only gotten to know each other a year before fall of Wall Maria. This means at this time they've known each other for 6 years or since they've been 12 or so. This means anything is possible in the future.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 15:20   Link #94
gowfan05
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: below the sky yet above the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I think romantic development between them is definitely possible since the shows indicated that they've only gotten to know each other a year before fall of Wall Maria. This means at this time they've known each other for 6 years or since they've been 12 or so. This means anything is possible in the future.
+1 good point! I never did take notice of the years which each event took place. Hmm.. random question: "Where do babies come from?" says mikasa, is there a reason for the author wanting her to state to say that?
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 15:41   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The question isn't so much "is a romantic development between those two possible", it's "would any other girl risk the wrath of yandere Mikasa just to be with Eren?". As long as the the answer's no, the choice for Eren would be between Mikasa and celibacy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:11   Link #96
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The question isn't so much "is a romantic development between those two possible", it's "would any other girl risk the wrath of yandere Mikasa just to be with Eren?". As long as the the answer's no, the choice for Eren would be between Mikasa and celibacy.
Armin would.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:57   Link #97
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
There were some love moments between other side characters, but when someone is in love, it means giants will target and eat you first. XD
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:10   Link #98
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
+1 good point! I never did take notice of the years which each event took place. Hmm.. random question: "Where do babies come from?" says mikasa, is there a reason for the author wanting her to state to say that?
Probably a hint. My guess is that Mikasa is actually a result of genetic engineering to produce a Titan-killing super-solider. She maybe a test-tube baby of some sort created by Dr. Jaeger. My gut tells me there's definitively some mystery to her origin story.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2013-06-05 at 18:12. Reason: Spoiler Removed
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:14   Link #99
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Mikasa's body reminds me of Cammy from Street Fighter. Abs.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:41   Link #100
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Probably a hint. My guess is that Mikasa is actually a result of genetic engineering to produce a Titan-killing super-solider. She maybe a test-tube baby of some sort created by Dr. Jaeger. My gut tells me there's definitively some mystery to her origin story.
I'm thinking this way as well. Why else would the good Dr. be checking up on her on a regular basis?

Endless "Time for your shot" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.