AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Old 2013-05-27, 15:55   Link #121
Casshern

So, what are the chances of this breakaway fleet being slaughtered when they pick a fight with the hideauze, and Ledo returning to Gargantia after that?

I'm wondering if it's already too late for this series to turn dark after so many episodes.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 16:35   Link #122
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't think the whole fleet will be completely destroyed but I think that the chances that it will suffer heavy casualties are fairly high.

There aren't many episodes left and Amy and Ledo cannot stay separated for too long.

I also have the feeling that Melty is the next in line for the Urobutchering.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 16:40   Link #123
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I guess the show might be getting darker. But for Mlety to die, wouldn't that be bit of too much swing in the feel of the show?
Old 2013-05-27, 17:12   Link #124
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't think the whole fleet will be completely destroyed but I think that the chances that it will suffer heavy casualties are fairly high.
What are the chances that the survivors will put the blame on Ledo for failing to protect them ? IMO, the chances are high due Pinion opening his big mouth and saying that they will be find as long as they have Ledo and Chamber.
Old 2013-05-27, 19:40   Link #125
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

I also have the feeling that Melty is the next in line for the Urobutchering.
The guy only wrote the first and last episodes yet you guys are blaming him for every bad thing happening in the series.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 19:51   Link #126
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The guy only wrote the first and last episodes yet you guys are blaming him for every bad thing happening in the series.
Well the decision of making a character die and which is something that he could have determined as one of the two main writers of the series, even if the episode where it happens isn't written by him.

Old 2013-05-27, 20:05   Link #127
lightbringer
M9000

Didn't he say that this series will not be as dark? I think the chances of the entire main cast surviving this are fairly high.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 20:10   Link #128
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well yeah but I don't think that Melty as a character is more important than... Fairlock. And if Fairlock can be considered "main cast" then your theory would be already disproven.

Pinion will probably survive.

Old 2013-05-28, 12:49   Link #129
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm not gonna be surprise if Ledo's action causes the death to almost all of the dissenting fleets.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:58   Link #130
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
he did do the series composition through. The other writer are just filling in the details.
Old 2013-05-28, 18:41   Link #131
Casshern

I only picked this up because Urobuchi was involved tbh. The only thing keeping me interested is the anticipation that shit will hit the fan. Take away this anticipation and the story seems pretty bland to me when I try look at it objectively.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 19:27   Link #132
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I only picked this up because Urobuchi was involved tbh.
You know, I think this is becoming a problem.
Urobuchi has become such an important name that just attaching it to an anime is an automatic sale boost.

This leads producers to ask him to join their projects even marginally so then they can overemphasize his contribution and sell the product as if it was entirely made by him.

Honestly it isn't realistic to think that Gen has suddenly become so active, and if you look carefully you'll notice that Gargantia is co-written by him and Kazuya Murata, who also happens to be the director.

Just by that you should already understand who has more influence on the whole product, but as a general rule of book marketing when something is co-written by a famous author and by a not so famous one, you should always assume that the latter did most of the job.

Old 2013-05-28, 20:10   Link #133
Triple_R

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
You know, I think this is becoming a problem.
Urobuchi has become such an important name that just attaching it to an anime is an automatic sale boost.

This leads producers to ask him to join their projects even marginally so then they can overemphasize his contribution and sell the product as if it was entirely made by him.

Honestly it isn't realistic to think that Gen has suddenly become so active,
This is Gen's resume of work, according to Wiki. I don't see any pattern of producers having him join their projects for "marginal" impact. In fact, Gargantia is only the sixth anime project he's been involved in.

Now, for point of comparison, here's Mari Okada's resume of work, according to Wiki.

Considering that, there's nothing unrealistic about Gen's level of activity. His level of activity is actually pretty low compared to Mari Okada's.

Gen is writing the first episode, the last episode, and he is also handling series composition. This story is as much his baby as it is anybody's.
Old 2013-05-30, 17:48   Link #134
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Well yeah but I don't think that Melty as a character is more important than... Fairlock. And if Fairlock can be considered "main cast" then your theory would be already disproven.

Pinion will probably survive.
I never considered Fairlock "main cast". He barely had any screentime. And he did not get butchered, he was old and obviously suffering from a chronic illness. It was not a surprise that he died, and they spent a whole episode on the funeral. Any number of the old geezer captains can die, as long as the main characters and their close friends are fine it should be OK.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:49   Link #135
Triple_R

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I never considered Fairlock "main cast".
If Fairlock's not main cast, then neither is Melty. What has Melty done other than provide fanservice? Fairlock at least has had significant plot relevance, and that's before he died.
Old 2013-05-30, 20:13   Link #136
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I never considered Fairlock "main cast". He barely had any screentime. And he did not get butchered, he was old and obviously suffering from a chronic illness. It was not a surprise that he died, and they spent a whole episode on the funeral. Any number of the old geezer captains can die, as long as the main characters and their close friends are fine it should be OK.
I don't consider him "main cast" either, but neither Melty is in my opinion.
In episode 6 I was pointing out how Saya and Melty didn't seem to have any other reason to exist apart from adding more meat for the fanservice.

I kinda changed my mind with Episode8 where Saya has a part in giving more depth to Amy's profile as one of her best friends. Perhaps this will be expanded further.

The choice of making Melty split from the trio still looks suspicious to me, and a lot of things suggest that something bad will happen to Flange's fleet.
So far Melty is little more than a background character, but she might have an important role if something will happen to her.

Old 2013-05-31, 17:15   Link #137
Breimoon

Quote:
I don't consider him "main cast" either, but neither Melty is in my opinion.
In episode 6 I was pointing out how Saya and Melty didn't seem to have any other reason to exist apart from adding more meat for the fanservice.

I kinda changed my mind with Episode8 where Saya has a part in giving more depth to Amy's profile as one of her best friends. Perhaps this will be expanded further.

The choice of making Melty split from the trio still looks suspicious to me, and a lot of things suggest that something bad will happen to Flange's fleet.
So far Melty is little more than a background character, but she might have an important role if something will happen to her.
she will surely seduce the MC in amy's place
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 04:13   Link #138
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
she will surely seduce the MC in amy's place
Amy is Ika-Musume while Melty is Nyarlko.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 08:06   Link #139
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Amy is Ika-Musume
Do you understand the implications of that?!

Old 2013-06-02, 09:01   Link #140
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Do you understand the implications of that?!
I'm surprised there's not more fanart.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?