AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 40.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-28, 11:28   Link #61
Tsundere Louise
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tristinian Academy of Magic
The episode was really good, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214404_2.gif
Tsundere Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:49   Link #62
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
She can just discard her uniform somewhere nearby to be hidden, is it?

being ojou matters to rental locker's in AC?
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:30   Link #63
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
She can just discard her uniform somewhere nearby to be hidden, is it?

being ojou matters to rental locker's in AC?
-_- she just being an typical ojousama. Didn't use the pauper way of using rental lockers instead check in a hotel to do so.

Though to be honest it also had other meanings which is she being spotted going into the hotel and checking in. It can be used as an alibi. That's why she proceed with her uniform in and change clothes while in the hotel. (but this is just for skilled or had brains to do stealth jobs)

if you ask me, she really just check in the hotel to just change even if Mikoto denies it. She's still an oujosama that has a different view on how people spends their money.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 14:20   Link #64
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 34
Yes, it provides an alibi... "I checked into a hotel room and stayed there for a few hours after curfew. Then I came home." And what where you doing in that hotel room onee-sama? "Ah... errr..." You didn't go there with a certain gentleman did you?
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 14:39   Link #65
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
The episode was really good, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
My impression of all this R&D fiasco:

Quote:
Have you ever wanted to own your own copy of Railgun without too much hassle? Now, they are affordable! They are well behaved! We only offer the fine quality product. Look at that pauper collector guy who spends too much money on the food cost. You will not suffer the same fate.

Now you can!

Simply login to your account, click on the shopping cart widget icon, pick out the Misaka Mikoto of your choice, and then check out with your credit card.

It's that easy. As soon as you click the Railgun face icon, the shopping cart will instantly appear. Your Mikoto is ready to drop by your door, Infrared Goggle, AR, school uniform, stripped pantsu, and more!

Images
small print/fine print
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:11   Link #66
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Yes, it provides an alibi... "I checked into a hotel room and stayed there for a few hours after curfew. Then I came home." And what where you doing in that hotel room onee-sama? "Ah... errr..." You didn't go there with a certain gentleman did you?
I was just thinking that checking into a hotel room hardly seems like an alibi that will be good for her reputation...
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:54   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I was just thinking that checking into a hotel room hardly seems like an alibi that will be good for her reputation...
Yeah, that's kind of a last ditch alibi . Though clearly wasn't planning on using it for that purpose anyways with paying for everything in cash.

On another note, it must be a strange situation being the neighbors of Kuroko and Mikoto. You are just getting ready to go to sleep and then hear....that .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:12   Link #68
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, that's kind of a last ditch alibi . Though clearly wasn't planning on using it for that purpose anyways with paying for everything in cash.

On another note, it must be a strange situation being the neighbors of Kuroko and Mikoto. You are just getting ready to go to sleep and then hear....that .
And the sound seems to carry well, considering how the dorm manager once went to their room to shut them up.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 19:05   Link #69
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Yes, it provides an alibi... "I checked into a hotel room and stayed there for a few hours after curfew. Then I came home." And what where you doing in that hotel room onee-sama? "Ah... errr..." You didn't go there with a certain gentleman did you?
Railgun anime really tries to make Mikoto look all morals and honest even if that causes some plotholes.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:00   Link #70
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Railgun anime really tries to make Mikoto look all morals and honest even if that causes some plotholes.
What plothole(s)?
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:05   Link #71
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
What plothole(s)?
In the original, she used the cash cards because it couldn't be traced to money in her position (which is easy to do, even not counting AC's technology).
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:09   Link #72
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
In the original, she used the cash cards because it couldn't be traced to money in her position (which is easy to do, even not counting AC's technology).
And here she uses normal cash, I don't see the problem.

EDIT: BTW. Considering how she probably has 2 coin purses (one for the pachinko tokens) it would be funny if she accidentally tried to pay with the "wrong denomination".
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:23   Link #73
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
And here she uses normal cash, I don't see the problem.
It's not a problem, but it is a bit annoying that they had her take the moral high ground with the cash cards. Mikoto is *not* Touma - no one else in the ToAru verse is supposed to be a perfect bastion of morality and integrity. It's such a minor point though that it's not worth getting worked up over.

As for cash itself, in *theory* cash is easy to trace, depending on how detailed Academy City's records are. Ie:
1. Mikoto withdraws cash at ATM. ATM keeps track of which serial numbers she got.
2. Mikoto uses said cash at hotel.
3. Hotel deposits cash at bank, bank logs which serial numbers came from the hotel.
4. Supercomputer determines a high number of bills from transaction in step 1 are returned to the banking system in step 3. Correlating the dollar amount of the cash with the price of the rooms, the computer can guess that Mikoto rented a double for one night.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:26   Link #74
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 27
Well, more to the point, paying with scavenged cash cards makes it more reasonable that she's not paying any attention to the cost of things.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:34   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
It's not a problem, but it is a bit annoying that they had her take the moral high ground with the cash cards. Mikoto is *not* Touma - no one else in the ToAru verse is supposed to be a perfect bastion of morality and integrity. It's such a minor point though that it's not worth getting worked up over.
Lol what? Are you serious?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:42   Link #76
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol what? Are you serious?
I'm not sure what part of my statement you're addressing with this but if you'd care to debate it, please PM me (I hate offtopic discussion in episode threads).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:01   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
I'm not sure what part of my statement you're addressing with this but if you'd care to debate it, please PM me (I hate offtopic discussion in episode threads).
There isn't really much of a discussion, just humorous that you think that Mikoto shouldn't take 'moral high grounds' because she's not Kamijou.

Never mind that kamijou would never have the luck to find these cards, but you actually think he would be someone who wouldn't keep it? Lolz...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:03   Link #78
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There isn't really much of a discussion, just humorous that you think that Mikoto shouldn't take 'moral high grounds' because she's not Kamijou.

Never mind that kamijou would never have the luck to find these cards, but you actually think he would be someone who wouldn't keep it? Lolz...
He'd probably have Index spend it all on food ASAP.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:04   Link #79
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There isn't really much of a discussion, just humorous that you think that Mikoto shouldn't take 'moral high grounds' because she's not Kamijou.

Never mind that kamijou would never have the luck to find these cards, but you actually think he would be someone who wouldn't keep it? Lolz...
True, Kamijou's luck keeps him from ever being in that position in the first place... but her not keeping the cards is actually out of character even if we limit to Railgun anime - someone who kicks vending machines for free beverages isn't going to turn in cash cards.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:06   Link #80
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
True, Kamijou's luck keeps him from ever being in that position in the first place... but her not keeping the cards is actually out of character even if we limit to Railgun anime - someone who kicks vending machines for free beverages isn't going to turn in cash cards.
As I understand it, that vending machine owes her big time, so she's just collecting.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.